sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I petted a police dog at our rally.
There was an bigger one in Harrison, the Grand Wizard of the Klan lives nearby and it stayed peaceful.Little Rock had peaceful protests.Its too hot to riot here, last thing you want to do is set something on fire ,unless it’s the BBQ pit.
I’ve seen footage where people are guarding their property the right way, arms down, finger off trigger.Not yelling at people.Keeping a cool head.
No one tossed anything at that house, it was immaculate looking.
The home owners did not react like trained guards would have.By yelling back and pointing their guns they were escalating the situation.
I never said it was ok to destroy property or trespass.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Only the wife pointed a gun, the “protesters” cut and edited the film to only show one side of the issue, their side.

The “protesters” were yelling first, why aren’t you condemning them?

I won’t attend any violent hate rallies.
I’ll save my effort for ballot measures to fix the police system.

Protestors alway yell, whispering is not effective.

Yelling isn’t the issue it’s what they yell.

Can I protest say “ only good liberal is a dead liberal”
“ what do we want.. dead liberals”
“ f**k liberals”
“ all liberals are nazis”

Do you think liberals would find such a protest peaceful?

How do you think they’d feel if we marched through their neighborhood doing it.
Adding “ this is our streets”

I’d be find if they jusr marched saying can’t breath, no justice no peace, justice for Floyd, etc
But they’d rather scream hate and immidation. They shouldn’t be surprised when they met with hate and defensiveness in return.
Most in my neighborhood didn’t want them here.
As people have said everyone was on their side but now they’ve lost most people.
The message is lost, thrown away by the protesters who’d rather preach hate.
They hate anyone who doesn’t now support their hate. TheyLl attack you for disagreeing or just looking like who they think would disgeee. Better not have an American flag on your house misslizard, cause then you’re a racist nazi who needs to be killed. Wearing certain clothes? Racist nazi who needs to be killed
God forbid you have bald head or short hair.
Given yiur from country, I’d imagine you dress country, yiud most certainly be deemed racist nazi.
My neighborhood is either country people or upper middle class. So they came marched here and called us all Racist.
People who came out to support them but didn’t look like it by how they dressed or color of their skin got called nazis and had threats yelled at them.

So no I won’t be going to any of their protests ever. I’d like not come back alive if I did. I’m sure I don’t look like a blm, black unity, or whatever the other two groups call themselves.

They all hypocrites too
One secon they saying abolish police, all cops are bastards, next it’s help someone call the police. You mean the bastard nazi police hi you want abolished , now you want them to help you. Shouldn’t they do their own policing like they fighting to have happen.
They just as bad as the anti vaccine people who say doctors are evil but when they get hurt go to hospital.
Where’s the standard to yiur cause.
I wouldn’t push to ban spaghetti while secretly eating it.
Or politicians who want to ban all guns while they habe 20 armed guard with machine guns around them all the time.

If you pushing to have police abolished you shouldn’t call them for help. Live by example.

Mean say they horrible happens, they get what they want police are abolished. Now at a protest someone attacks them , who will they call?

Last edited by sly279 on 03 Jul 2020, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:35 pm

If people get up in your face yelling, you don’t have to yell back.
You don’t have to believe me.
Believe the US Army.

FM 3-19.15
Civil Disturbance Operations
Department of Army
Avoid Confrontation
2-22. Crowd situations are highly unpredictable, but one thing seems certain—confrontation will likely cause crowd resistance. When pushed, people tend to resist opposition to the realization of their purposes.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The gates should not have been broken into but why didn’t they just stay inside?I would have went to an upstairs window, sat quietly and hidden with my gun and watched to see what the crowd did.Chances are they would have moved on after yelling a bit.
The home owners just looked stupid out there on the lawn bellowing and pointing their guns at people.

Me and you as anxious aspies. Most people want to prevent any possible damage to their business or home. I rent. So maybe that’s also part of it.
We had protests out in our area and people blocked whole streets off with cars and stood out at the street entrance.

What would you do if they started throwing flaming bottles on your house? Sit inside and burn? That is the down side to use hiding inside. If we are outside we could see them about to do it and could shoot them. My few freiends would be outside with their rifles at ready. I’m not so brave.

Why protest in neighborhoods? What good does it do. Protest should be at the police states, city halls.

A snipers nest from an upstairs window would be a better and safer place to shoot someone tossing a Molotov cocktail.I can easily see all around my house from windows.
Legal here to use deadly force if someone tries to ignite your house.I didn’t notice any protestors carrying gas cans or bottles.
They shouldn’t have broken the gate and should pay to have it repaired, possibly a trespassing charge but not shot.
I think the couple overacted.One should never point a gun at another person and never have your finger on the trigger till you really need to pull it.

I hate to break it to you but one can start fires without using gas cans, bottles or even gasoline. One only needs to know how to do so. Many arsons are hard to pinpoint the exact cause due to the method of ignition was not the standard route that everyone expects. Threats of arson should be taken very seriously as one can never tell what others are capable of.

Like as in Steven King shows??
Carrie is with the protestors!!
I doubt anyone in that crowds had anything more than a cigarette lighter and a blunt.I didn’t see any burning torches and pitchforks.
Most professional arsonists aren’t going around in large crowds and it’s usually an insurance job.
We get burn outs here pretty regularly.Nobody has gotten shot over it.An arsonist doesn’t strike when a home owner is in.Then it can be a more serious crime, like murder.In some states there isn’t a bond for arson.

Do you see the whole crowd. Guess you missed the scene in cities all over of people throwing molotov cocktails at buildings and police cars. How do you supoose all those cop cars and buildings burnt down?
They started fires here in my area with just a lighter and some paper. Paper burns it see,s I used some to start my bbq last night.

But hey you’re safe in country so who cares if people in the city get their homes burnt down. :roll:

Well I live in a city. As far as I can tell not a single “protest” is happening in any country area. You’d feel different if it was happening. Where you live, if it was just some scene on tv. I wish it could be just some scene on tv for me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If people get up in your face yelling, you don’t have to yell back.
You don’t have to believe me.
Believe the US Army.

FM 3-19.15
Civil Disturbance Operations
Department of Army
Avoid Confrontation
2-22. Crowd situations are highly unpredictable, but one thing seems certain—confrontation will likely cause crowd resistance. When pushed, people tend to resist opposition to the realization of their purposes.

So just lay down open you’re wall ent and let them have their way with you.

Friends no one in my neighborhood yelled at them except one guy who they attacked for having the American flag.

But I’ve found ignoring people won’t make them stop, it just makes them get angry and goes louder and more agreesive..

But i dont know where you get this dies stuck in your head that me a socially shy almost mute at sometimes is out yelling back at “protesters “

My shy submissive nature means I hide. It’s part of why I own and carry a gun. I’m not a fighter. I’m not aggressive. My instinct is to run and hide, but if that’s not option and I can’t fight I want to be able to defend myself.
It’s also my responsibility to defend my family if time comes. There’s no other males in my family.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 3:06 pm

I don’t think the Army lays down for anyone.Its from their manual.
I never said you yelled at anyone.
The couple did.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 3:25 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: BAN SPAGHETTI!! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s not so black and white as eliminate police entirely. People are calling for police to be defunded because their budgets have swollen to $1B+/yr in major cities and they’ve been spending it on militarizing themselves by buying up military hardware, weapons, body armour, armoured vehicles etc (which the military industrial complex must just LOVE for all the extra sales!) & the accompanying military training.

Police forces are not armies. They don’t Need any of that crap. And the stats are in: The more of that crap they have, the more they use it on citizens - getting aggressive and violent, using excessive force etc. Dress them up like soldiers going into battle and that’s how they behave.

Civilized society has had enough of police beating and killing citizens, hence the demands to reduce their budgets and spend the money on things that actually reduce crime, like social workers, detox centres, affordable housing and other social programs.

Police still have a role in society, but the one they’ve been playing is wrong. They shouldn’t be showing up to minor domestic disputes or bylaw infractions ready to go to war. It’s killing people - more than 1,000 Americans per year gunned down by police. That is not normal. Well, it’s become normalized in the USA, but it is not the norm in almost any other country not the planet. Police are supposed to enforce laws and being criminals to be tried in the criminal justice system, not execute them whether they’re guilty or not.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 3:09 pm

Several observations about the incident:

1) The woman has no discernible trigger discipline. She was pointing the handgun at the crowd with her finger on the trigger. She's real lucky that she didn't kill anyone.

2) The man was better, but far from good. It would have been far better to have the rifle pointing down. At least he didn't keep his finger on the trigger.

3) The two of them were sitting targets. If anyone in the crowd felt like their life was in serious danger and resorted to self defense the one or both of the couple would have been easy targets.

4) It turns out that the real purpose of all that was that the couple is trying to claim land owned by the neighborhood association as theirs by adverse possession. There is currently a lawsuit about it.

5) They were trying to bolster their claim of adverse possession by chasing people off.

6) When the couple bought the house, they didn't have the property surveyed. It's not surprising that they didn't know what they bought and what they didn't buy.

7) They have used firearms in the past against a neighbor who was crossing the property they are trying to take by adverse possession.

8 ) After the incident in question, a security guard opened another gate so that the protesters could enter the neighborhood away from the two twit's house.

9) They have now hired a private security firm to guard their property.

In short, this wasn't about self defense at all. It's all about claiming land as theirs that they clearly do not own.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 3:14 pm

Quite the update.

I hope they go to jail. :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 8:32 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Several observations about the incident:

1) The woman has no discernible trigger discipline. She was pointing the handgun at the crowd with her finger on the trigger. She's real lucky that she didn't kill anyone.

2) The man was better, but far from good. It would have been far better to have the rifle pointing down. At least he didn't keep his finger on the trigger.

3) The two of them were sitting targets. If anyone in the crowd felt like their life was in serious danger and resorted to self defense the one or both of the couple would have been easy targets.

4) It turns out that the real purpose of all that was that the couple is trying to claim land owned by the neighborhood association as theirs by adverse possession. There is currently a lawsuit about it.

5) They were trying to bolster their claim of adverse possession by chasing people off.

6) When the couple bought the house, they didn't have the property surveyed. It's not surprising that they didn't know what they bought and what they didn't buy.

7) They have used firearms in the past against a neighbor who was crossing the property they are trying to take by adverse possession.

8 ) After the incident in question, a security guard opened another gate so that the protesters could enter the neighborhood away from the two twit's house.

9) They have now hired a private security firm to guard their property.

In short, this wasn't about self defense at all. It's all about claiming land as theirs that they clearly do not own.

So the "stand your ground" law doesn't apply to them? maybe the police weren't aware?

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 8:54 pm

Not entirely to do with this specific incident, but,
it's really interesting to see so many people stating their opinions about the various protests that have occurred over the last few months, and to try to get an idea of how informed any of the people expressing their opinions are as well as see the bias of some of those opinions.
Some of it is also pretty terrifying sometimes, seeing who takes which side regarding which issues, and how informed they seem to be. I'm really wondering what things are going to be like in mid november.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:05 am

elbowgrease wrote:
Not entirely to do with this specific incident, but,
it's really interesting to see so many people stating their opinions about the various protests that have occurred over the last few months, and to try to get an idea of how informed any of the people expressing their opinions are as well as see the bias of some of those opinions.
Some of it is also pretty terrifying sometimes, seeing who takes which side regarding which issues, and how informed they seem to be. I'm really wondering what things are going to be like in mid november.

Some people would see my remarks as being on the side of the protesters (see above). In reality, I'm more interested in truth. I detest protests and protesters with a passion -- I don't care who they are or what they are protesting.

But I see the ignorant actions taken by the McCloskeys in their efforts to take the land by adverse possession to be even worse.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 9:23 pm

They are just awful people.
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07/cou ... ghborhood/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 9:35 pm

Misslizard wrote:

LMFAO!! :lol:

Truth comes out...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

LMFAO!! :lol:

Truth comes out...

And now the whole world knows what jerks they are, busting up kid’s beehives...homophobic bee killers.Who in their right mind would want to kill honeybees???
I hope they get stung by murder hornets.A whole swarm just flies in their window one bright day. :D

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:30 pm

Seems the state's governor has his own opinion regarding what happened:

Quote:
Parson strongly pushed back against the impetus for the investigation, saying that the McCloskeys "did what they legally should do."

"A mob does not have the right to charge your property. They had every right to protect themselves," he said.

Asked whether he would consider a pardon if charges were filed, Parsons said, "I think that’s exactly what would happen."

"Right now, that’s what I feel," he said. "You don’t know until you hear all the facts. But right now, if this is all about going after them for doing a lawful act, then yeah, if that scenario ever happened, I don’t think they’re going to spend any time in jail."

"We will not allow law-abiding citizens to be targeted for exercising their constitutional rights," Parson added in a tweet linking to his comments.

Quote:
In addition, Hawley called on the Justice Department to launch a civil rights probe into Gardner's office to determine whether her investigation of the McCloskeys violates their "constitutional right."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/507988-missouri-governor-says-hed-pardon-st-louis-couple-if-they-are-charged

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

So yet another legal investigation. This time if you can threaten trespassers on your place of residence with loaded semi-automatic weapons?

A few things to consider
- do they legally own the land they renovated the house on?
- does the status of the property mean that protestors arriving on the lawn constitutes trespass?
- If the first two points are valid then does threatening people with loaded weapons a criminal act?

Is this one of the states that practices a "stand your ground law"?