Always us having a rant online. Why ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 12:06 pm

I seem to think whenever there is someone having a rant about something they don't like, why does it seem to be someone who doesn't share the same image of those people you seen in glamorous reality tv shows like Love Island and pictured like that geeky character out of South Park slouching on his computer with left over food around it.
To be honest I don't like that show anyway. I remember seeing a video of someone's rant about how he hated the Only Way is Essex and one of the comments I saw said ''You hate it because you can't pull any girls.'' It made my blood boil.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 12:16 pm

I cannot follow what you're saying.

What exactly are you asking?

Are you complaining about how people who make rants online are always slobs/geeks?

Or are you complaining about how...people who make rants online...are always...unfairly portrayed as being...slobs/geeks?

Or...what?

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 12:35 pm

If you mean autistic people, we're generally more likely to question the status quo and look a bit more deeply at things.

And even neurotypical people who question the status quo probably also question nonsense like valuing looks and appearance over substance.

No excuse to be a slob though. Crumbs everywhere leads to rats. :lol:

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I cannot follow what you're saying.

What exactly are you asking?

Are you complaining about how people who make rants online are always slobs/geeks?

Or are you complaining about how...people who make rants online...are always...unfairly portrayed as being...slobs/geeks?

Or...what?

It is basically about being unfairly portrayed

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 1:37 pm

chris1989 wrote:
It is basically about being unfairly portrayed
Can you cite any specific instances when someone was being unfairly portrayed in this way?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:14 am

Don't think too much of it; if you complain about something in a public forum/social media, then if your post ends up getting attention, those who give you attention will always get some kind of impression of you. Sometimes it couldn't go more wrong, sometimes it hits the nail on the head, usually it's somewhere in between. If other people commenting your rants that you've made on a public website really upsets you, I'd recommend switching to writing in a diary instead.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:42 am

I don't think I'm poorly portrayed at all. You need to get yourself a hobby.