5 term congressman loses primary to alt-right mom

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 11:28 am

If the mods want to change my description of her in the title because they believe “alt right” to only mean bigot I don’t give a sh**. Call her what you like the important thing is that she loses the election.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 12:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If the mods want to change my description of her in the title because they believe “alt right” to only mean bigot I don’t give a sh**. Call her what you like the important thing is that she loses the election.
Were sorry we made a stink,no offense intended,I won't mention anything about Alt-right again,sorry to have upset you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 12:14 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Were sorry we made a stink,no offense intended,I won't mention anything about Alt-right again,sorry to have upset you.

No worries. That she won the nomination upset me more then your typical WP “aspie” language discussion.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

No worries. That she won the nomination upset me more then your typical WP “aspie” language discussion.

Why? Can you tell me what polcies she supports you oppose?

Clearly the majority in her area agree with her.
Why shouldn’t they elect someone who represents their police ideas?

Look I don’t like that senator frienstien, bloomhau. AOC are in office. But clearly they repersent their people in the area, who I probably disagree with on policy. But I don’t live there.
I think we need more senators and representatives. I for example are not represented by anyone. Cause I fall in the slight minority. 48% vs 52%

And yeah i dont know how to spell their names and I don’t care to look them up.

Her election would seem a whim for democracy whether we agree with her policies or not.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 3:32 pm

As others have have clarified, she is accurately labeled as alt right.

Also, alt right is a far more respectful label than just calling her a Qanon conspiracy theory NUTJOB who must not have a firm grip on reality if she believes any of that crap and hopes it’s true and thus has no business making decisions for people from a position of power in public office seeing as she herself belongs in a looney bin.

They probably just use alt right to be more concise.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 4:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
^^^
That makes her paranoid but the Alt right is usually assosiated with racism and what not.

Qanon is just an online cuky paranoid theory that started on 4 Chan.

Alt right is a catch all term that describes alternatives to the traditional right wing particularly those that spring out of social media. Most white supremacists/neo nazis can be categorized as alt right but alt right is not only them.

This.

Alt-right isn't an insult. It's a term to describe the groups that emerged after the Tea Party movement; they're usually influenced by paleoconservative and western chauvinist viewpoints, and often (but not always) influenced by white nationalist perspectives as well. They're usually more social media savvy than earlier conservative and reactionary groups. Not all of them are overtly white supremacist and many of them try to maintain an appearance of plausible deniability when it comes to racist views.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 8:12 pm

sly279 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Why? Can you tell me what polcies she supports you oppose?

Clearly the majority in her area agree with her.
Why shouldn’t they elect someone who represents their police ideas?

Look I don’t like that senator frienstien, bloomhau. AOC are in office. But clearly they repersent their people in the area, who I probably disagree with on policy. But I don’t live there.
I think we need more senators and representatives. I for example are not represented by anyone. Cause I fall in the slight minority. 48% vs 52%

And yeah i dont know how to spell their names and I don’t care to look them up.

Her election would seem a whim for democracy whether we agree with her policies or not.

He represents the majority of republicans who voted in her district.
I am upset anytime voters decide to do something I think will harmful. That does not mean I think the election was undemocratic or unfair. They have their right to elect whom they please, I have the right to publicly not like it.