Ghislaine Maxwell finally in federal custody

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 10:28 am

Ghislaine Maxwell the British citizen and French ex-pat and daughter of newspaper mogul, who was a madame who pimped out dozens of teen girls on behest of Jeffrey Epstein and his wealthy society cohorts is in federal custody as of this morning.

Maxwell arrested in New Hampshire after over a year on the run is expected to make a court appearance today in federal court on charges of conspiracy to sexually abuse.She is accused of grooming and procuring girls for Epstein and his high society friends,you could call her a madame if you will.

A federal grand jury in New York has already handed down an indictment on conspiracy and grooming charges,Maxwell enticed girls to the various residences of Epstein as being a massouse as a rous to get them in a position for Epstein to assault the girls.

She is the daughter of Robert Maxwell,a publishing tycoon French ex-pat and former member of British Parliament who fell overboard of his million Pound yacht and drowned in 1991.

USA TODAY

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 10:49 am

Didn’t know she was the daughter of Robert Maxwell: I remember his death being talked of on the radio (I’d only have been nine at the time).
“Fell” off his yacht whilst under investigation for defrauding the pension funds of several British newspapers he owned at the time.

How will her arrest and trial interact with the destruction of evidence you’ve brought to our attention with your other recent thread I wonder?
Hope this leads to more of the network (both “supply” and “demand”) being identified and dealt with.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:07 am

Karamazov wrote:
Didn’t know she was the daughter of Robert Maxwell: I remember his death being talked of on the radio (I’d only have been nine at the time).
“Fell” off his yacht whilst under investigation for defrauding the pension funds of several British newspapers he owned at the time.

The yacht was named The Lady Ghislaine.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:18 am

Soliloquist wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

The yacht was named The Lady Ghislaine.

Really?
Didn’t know that.
Sounds pretty messed up for her.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:26 am

I watched the Jeffrey Epstein special on Netflix and it talked of the Maxwell legacy of both corruption and tragedy.

The Yacht was named after his ninth youngest child Ghislaine.

Ghislaine pronounced
Jelane with J as in Jean or Jacque.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:29 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I watched the Jeffrey Epstein special on Netflix and it talked of the Maxwell legacy of both corruption and tragedy.

Ghislaine pronounced

^ That makes more sense. I had been pronouncing it "Jizz-Lane" in my head and it sounded like an unfortunate name for someone to have to me.

It's good that she's been arrested.

My hope now is that all of Harvey Weinstein's "assistants" will be arrested for somewhat similar enabling criminal behavior.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

I wonder if she too will pull of a triple backward somersault and hang herself with a piece of toilet paper.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:08 pm

Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Ghislaine pronounced

^ That makes more sense. I had been pronouncing it "Jizz-Lane" in my head and it sounded like an unfortunate name for someone to have to me.

My hope now is that all of Harvey Weinstein's "assistants" will be arrested for somewhat similar enabling criminal behavior.
It would be no surprise if Harvey Weinstein has someone or someones running a hustle for him.I doubt such a mogul would do his own dirty work. :wink:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:17 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Ghislaine pronounced

It would be no surprise if Harvey Weinstein has someone or someones running a hustle for him.I doubt such a mogul would do his own dirty work. :wink:

From what I read Weinstein had many different "assistants" (female) through the years that would reach out to, communicate with and coordinate meetings with the actresses that he wanted to proposition, force himself on, rape, etc. Those "assistants" were enablers and it's not realistic to think that they were oblivious to his crimes and him being a monster. The "assistants" need to be held accountable.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:21 pm

Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Ghislaine pronounced

From what I read Weinstein had many different "assistants" (female) through the years that would reach out to, communicate with and coordinate meetings with the actresses that he wanted to proposition, force himself on, rape, etc. Those "assistants" were enablers and it's not realistic to think that they were oblivious to his crimes and him being a monster. The "assistants" need to be held accountable.
Lets see if the DA would shave some time of Weinstein's sentence for a list the procurers who worked for him.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:28 pm

^ I think I saw an article header saying he was trying to enter a plea bargain: anyone got denial/confirmation on that?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:37 pm

Karamazov wrote:
^ I think I saw an article header saying he was trying to enter a plea bargain: anyone got denial/confirmation on that?

Watch and read much true crime and law, haven't heard of such a thing.

However that is no indication that what you may have read isn't true.We will have to see what the news reveals.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:39 pm

Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Ghislaine pronounced

I think "Jizz Lane" might be a more appropriate pronunciation of her name given the topic. It gives a sense of irony.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm

^ I only half-remembered: his lawyers have arranged a financial settlement with two of the outstanding class action sexual assault cases against him, but it’s not yet received judicial approval.
Representatives of other outstanding cases against him are not in favour of this.

New York attorney general reaches $19m settlement in Harvey Weinstein lawsuits (Guardian)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:06 pm

Karamazov wrote:
^ I only half-remembered: his lawyers have arranged a financial settlement with two of the outstanding class action sexual assault cases against him, but it’s not yet received judicial approval.
Representatives of other outstanding cases against him are not in favour of this.

New York attorney general reaches $19m settlement in Harvey Weinstein lawsuits (Guardian)

I'm aware of the civil suite,I was discussing whether Weinstein would cut a deal and give the names of the people who hustled women on his behest.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 1:08 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Ghislaine pronounced

I think "Jizz Lane" might be a more appropriate pronunciation of her name given the topic. It gives a sense of irony.

Jizonleg would be even more apt. :lol: