White man and woman deface Black Lives Matter mural in CA.

Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:16 am

New York Daily News

Quote:
Police in Martinez, California, are seeking a white man and woman who were filmed defacing a city-permitted Black Lives Matter street mural on Independence Day.

In the video, posted to YouTube, an onlooker can be heard asking a woman who is slathering black paint over the vibrant yellow block letters, “What’s wrong with you?”

The sign was not only approved by the city but also has been painted all across the country as people protest the police killing of George Floyd on Memorial Day in Minneapolis.

“This is racism is what it is,” said the man of the sign, as he came into view wearing a red shirt emblazoned with “Trump Four More Years.” “There is no oppression, there is no racism. It’s a leftist lie.”

Copies of the video also made it to Instagram, and Martinez police sent out links to both in hopes that someone will be able to identify the pair.

“It appeared that the couple came to the mural with cans of paint and a roller with the specific purpose of vandalizing over the mural,” police said in a statement. “The community spent a considerable amount of time painting this mural only to have the suspects destroy it by dumping and rolling paint over part of the message.”

“Keep this s--- in f------ New York,” the woman said at one point. “This isn’t happening in my town.”

“The community spent a considerable amount of time putting the mural together only to have it painted over in a hateful and senseless manner,” the police statement said. “The City of Martinez values tolerance and the damage to the mural was divisive and hurtful. Please help us identify those that are responsible for this crime, so they can be held accountable for their actions.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:51 am

geez, martinez is right there in the bay. must not be easy being a trumpster in such close proximity to SF and berkeley.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:52 am

She seems to only be changing the color?

Shouldn't she dump cans of paint all over it -- to obscure it?

Be the hero of your life.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:59 am

Recent history considered, seems a bit hypocritical of BLM to be upset over defaced monuments/murals/memorials.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 5:03 am

We have to stop desecrating things, godammit!

We are going down to the level of ISIS.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 8:51 am

I find it appalling. But, how is this any different than the destruction of monuments all over the country?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 9:01 am

Finding two white racists in a city of about 36,000 leftists should not be difficult.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 9:09 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I find it appalling. But, how is this any different than the destruction of monuments all over the country?

It is easier to do and easier to repaint then rebuild a statue but morally it should be no different, we all know how this goes, “ones person’s freedom fighter is another person’s terrorist”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 9:54 pm

After the police find and arrest those two, they should be compelled by the court to scrape that black paint off.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 11:08 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Recent history considered, seems a bit hypocritical of BLM to be upset over defaced monuments/murals/memorials.

Which BLM mural depicts a violent racist who owned the ancestors of American citizens? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 12:32 am

The BLM mural was approved by the city of Martinez local government so it may technically be defacing public property?

I would find it amusing if they were asked to come back and clean off their paint :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:00 am

put them in stocks in the public square.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:02 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Which BLM mural depicts a violent racist who owned the ancestors of American citizens? :?

Considering BLM has their own definitions of "violence" and their own definition of "racist", I couldn't tell you. But go on, tell me about how Frederick Douglass was a violent racist slave-owner.

cyberdad wrote:
The BLM mural was approved by the city of Martinez local government so it may technically be defacing public property?

I would find it amusing if they were asked to come back and clean off their paint :lol:

And if there's one thing BLM respects it's public property, right?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 2:52 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Considering BLM has their own definitions of "violence" and their own definition of "racist", I couldn't tell you. But go on, tell me about how Frederick Douglass was a violent racist slave-owner.

Are we pretending that he's representative of who's monuments have been targeted? :?

Are monuments to Nathaniel Bedford Forrest on the same level as a Black Lives Matters mural?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 9:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Are we pretending that he's representative of who's monuments have been targeted? :?

If you're on a crusade against monuments to racism, should it not be encumbent on you to make sure to actually target such monuments, rather than making excuses like "well, most of the stuff we destroyed was racist, so it's ok"?

funeralxempire wrote:
Are monuments to Nathaniel Bedford Forrest on the same level as a Black Lives Matters mural?

Marxists or the founder of the Klan. One is a murderous and racist nutjob, and one is a bunch of followers of a historically genocidal ideology. Not great options, and not really a choice I feel compelled to make. But being morally outraged by one and tearing it down because of it does not save you from being a massive hypocrite when you whine about people morally objecting to your mural and vandalizing that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:12 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

funeralxempire wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

This.

The monuments being removed are mostly ones erected as acts of racism. Confederate statues were erected to let black Americans know who runs the country and has power and control over them. They’re symbols of hate.

BLM mural is a symbol of racial equality & society progressing, people moving forward together.

HUGE difference in vandalizing a BLM mural vs tearing down a statue of some famous slave owner.

If you can’t/don’t see it that way, I’d actually like to hear your take on it.