White man and woman deface Black Lives Matter mural in CA.

Page 5 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,535
Location: the island of defective toy santas

22 Jul 2020, 1:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
you STILL don't get it. BLM MEANS TREATING EVERYBODY THE SAME!! !

Back Lives Matter is a political movement with an agenda.

"to end white supremacy forever." one way or another, it's gonna happen.


That appears to be what conservatives are dedicated to conserving. :wink:

yup, that in addition to ableist supremacy over the differently abled, NT or NT emulator supremacy over not, Judeo-xtian over not, straight over not, 1% over 99%, male over female, the list is endless.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 76,243
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jul 2020, 1:27 pm

Andrew Jackson, past President of the US, is on the $20 bill, not Confederate general Stonewall Jackson.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,535
Location: the island of defective toy santas

22 Jul 2020, 1:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Andrew Jackson, past President of the US, is on the $20 bill, not Confederate general Stonewall Jackson.

but an accident of history where the less evil side managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. so many variables could have tipped it over to where there'd still be slavery now.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 12,502
Location: I'm right here

22 Jul 2020, 1:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Andrew Jackson, past President of the US, is on the $20 bill, not Confederate general Stonewall Jackson.


Yes, there's a white supremacist who didn't commit treason instead of one who did.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,467
Location: Long Island, New York

22 Jul 2020, 1:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
you STILL don't get it. BLM MEANS TREATING EVERYBODY THE SAME!! !

Back Lives Matter is a political movement with an agenda.

"to end white supremacy forever." one way or another, it's gonna happen.

that is part of the agenda.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 1:52 pm

Aslo, their conception of "white supremacy" is far removed from anything a reasonable person would include under that heading.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,422
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jul 2020, 2:34 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Aslo, their conception of "white supremacy" is far removed from anything a reasonable person would include under that heading.


Who’s is?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 2:37 pm

BLMs.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,422
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jul 2020, 2:38 pm

And how do you figure that?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 2:48 pm

Heard about this book?

https://www.amazon.com/White-Fragility- ... 0807047414

While not strictly speaking a BLM-book, it approaches racism with the same intersectional framework, so I think it's fair to use it as an example. Basically "whiteness" just by existing and being different from "non-whiteness" is an attack on "non-whiteness" and as such must be destroyed. Under the rubric of "whiteness", we have such concepts as working hard, being on time, having schedules and rewarding competence. Seems a bit racist to suggest "whiteness" can claim credit for inventing and applying such evil and oppressive concepts, but hey, I'm not the supposed expert on racism here.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,422
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jul 2020, 3:02 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Heard about this book?

https://www.amazon.com/White-Fragility- ... 0807047414

While not strictly speaking a BLM-book, it approaches racism with the same intersectional framework, so I think it's fair to use it as an example. Basically "whiteness" just by existing and being different from "non-whiteness" is an attack on "non-whiteness" and as such must be destroyed. [bUnder the rubric of "whiteness", we have such concepts as working hard, being on time, having schedules and rewarding competence.[/b] Seems a bit racist to suggest "whiteness" can claim credit for inventing and applying such evil and oppressive concepts, but hey, I'm not the supposed expert on racism here.


Ok.. so when asked to explain what you mean about BLM’s definition of white supremacy you post a link to a book about racism that is “not strictly speaking a BLM-book.”

How about instead of that you use your own words to explain what you mean?

As for the bolded bit.. really? Those things are racial traits assignable to white people? Is this suggesting that non-white people do not have these characteristics? That they do not have strong work ethics, can’t keep time, can’t schedule time, and don’t have skills competencies? Really?? :?

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 3:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
As for the bolded bit.. really? Those things are racial traits assignable to white people? Is this suggesting that non-white people do not have these characteristics? That they do not have strong work ethics, can’t keep time, can’t schedule time, and don’t have skills competencies? Really?? :?


Her position, not mine.

And as I said, Antifa, BLM, Feminism, the various Gender and Race studies etc. they all use the same framework, which is essentially a thinly reskinned version of Marxist Conflict Theory.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,422
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jul 2020, 3:36 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
As for the bolded bit.. really? Those things are racial traits assignable to white people? Is this suggesting that non-white people do not have these characteristics? That they do not have strong work ethics, can’t keep time, can’t schedule time, and don’t have skills competencies? Really?? :?


Her position, not mine.

And as I said, Antifa, BLM, Feminism, the various Gender and Race studies etc. they all use the same framework, which is essentially a thinly reskinned version of Marxist Conflict Theory.


Ans the way you presented this author’s white supremacist stuff sure does make it appear that you’re in agreement with her, no? I don’t see you refuting it anywhere.

As per the quick definition of Marxist Conflict Theory:

“Conflict theory, first purported by Karl Marx, is a theory that society is in a state of perpetual conflict because of competition for limited resources. Conflict theory holds that social order is maintained by domination and power (rather than consensus and conformity).Jun 30, 2020”

How is this any different from white supremacist philosophy of holding social order by (racial) domination and power?

I mean, even white supremacist text books preach this stuff almost word for word. I know because I’ve read one of the most racist books ever written. I read it (Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard - banned in some countries) for the conflict theory philosophy stuff, not the white supremacy.. but the white supremacy stuff runs Deep in it. This is the book that was later plagiarized by Anton LaVey to write the satanic bible, so it’s popular with satanists and white supremacists.

This entire conflict theory stuff IS white supremacist philosophy stuff through and through, so it’s almost laughable that you seem to be trying to assign it to BLM as if they own it. No one really owns it.. it’s just an observation of the natural order of things then applied to human behaviour. Cells and bacteria and things battle it out. Bears and dogs and cats piss on trees to mark their territory and will scrap it out to defend it. People form armies and fight each other over land and resources etc - all people; not just non white ones.. actually, more so especially white ones the last couple thousand years; hence their taught and learned superiority complex.

Conflict theory stuff is way more the realm of far right white supremacists than it is that of people protesting for racial equality. If anyone owns this mentality, it’s white supremacists.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 3:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ans the way you presented this author’s white supremacist stuff sure does make it appear that you’re in agreement with her, no? I don’t see you refuting it anywhere.


That is entirely a product of your mind, not my writing.

...And why would you expect me to refute the absurd notion that white people invented schedules?


goldfish21 wrote:
How is this any different from white supremacist philosophy of holding social order by (racial) domination and power?


It's not. Identity politics for white people is no better than identity politics for women is no better than identity politics for black people.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,422
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jul 2020, 4:08 pm

Because you presented an author’s opinions for a reason. If it wasn’t to disagree with her, the assumption is that it was to present her ideas as those with which you’re in agreement. That’s the way your post read, anyways.

So, protesting against systemic racism and for racial equality is now somehow identity politics and thus unacceptable to you or what? Not really sure what you’re getting at with this Besides your posts seeming pro white supremacy status quo and anti BLM.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

22 Jul 2020, 4:28 pm

The original question was what weird things that normal people don't sort under "white supremacy" would be sorted as such by BLM (and by extension, people using the same framework). I posted a recent work that has been getting attention lately, working from that same framework and posted examples of the weird things she says is part of "whiteness". And somehow this whirls around in your mind into me agreeing with her insane ideas?


Quote:
So, protesting against systemic racism and for racial equality is now somehow identity politics and thus unacceptable to you or what?


28 people killed. in the last two months. Have we killed racism yet?


Quote:
Besides your posts seeming pro white supremacy status quo and anti BLM.


To think that the current status quo is a white supremacy suggests a staggering degree of derangement. As for Anti- BLM: Just as I don't care for the violent Marxist "revolutionaries" of Antifa, I don't care for the violent Marxist "revolutionaries" of BLM.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.