Page 7 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m definitely not “poly.”

I was once asked to go “three ways” when I was 19. I refused.

I hope I didn't come across as offensive. I actually admire the majority of your posts quite a bit. I was just trying to understand more of where you were coming from.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 8:35 pm

I’m not offended :)

I guess, sometimes, I lean towards the “short and sweet” in posts. That’s the way my mind works. I’m not really a complex or a philosophical person. I tend to be rather experiential, rather than theoretical.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 8:49 pm

Kraftie was a "sex machine" but has long since retired.

I was the opposite, I had plenty of relationships with females (I have lost count) but was always friends. I kissed a few but never more. My wife was the one and only person I was ever intimate with.

You don't need to lie to get a girlfriend, NT girls are horribly superficial so I lucked out finding my very tolerant and understanding wife who is a diamond in the rough. I think that she is from a collective culture also helps due to the traditional outlook on love and marriage....such values do not exist anymore here in the west.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 1:40 am

cyberdad wrote:

I was the opposite, I had plenty of relationships with females (I have lost count) but was always friends. I kissed a few but never more. My wife was the one and only person I was ever intimate with.

You don't need to lie to get a girlfriend, NT girls are horribly superficial so I lucked out finding my very tolerant and understanding wife who is a diamond in the rough. I think that she is from a collective culture also helps due to the traditional outlook on love and marriage....such values do not exist anymore here in the west.

I really think it is is not productive or even accurate to make such a sweeping generalization that all NT girls are "horribly superficial." I am NT, I have many NT friends who are not superficial in the least. WP should not be a place where socially awkward men blame all their woes on NT women just because they themseves struggled in relationships. Just as every autistic is different so is every NT.
I am struggling now with an autistic lover who is behaving badly. Would I be justifed if I wrote here that all aspies are selfish, rude, insensitive
ba$tards? It wouldn't be true of all aspies, it would just reflect my own wounded ego and prejudice.

Edit: I don't believe in any divisive "isms." Liberalism, fascism, conservatism, feminism etc: I just believe in treating each and every individual whoever they may be with the utmost respect I would wish to be given myself.

Last edited by Teach51 on 18 Jul 2020, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 1:49 am

Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I really think it is is not productive or even accurate to make such a sweeping generalization that all NT girls are "horribly superficial." I am NT, I have many NT friends who are not superficial in the least. WP should not be a place where socially awkward men blame all their woes on NT women just because they themseves struggled in relationships. Just as every autistic is different so is every NT.
I am struggling now with an autistic lover who is behaving badly. Would I be justifed if I wrote here that all aspies are selfish, rude, insensitive
ba$tards? It wouldn't be true of all aspies, it would just reflect my own wounded ego and prejudice.

Edit: I don't believe in any divisive "isms." Liberalism, fascism, conservatism, feminism etc: I just believe in treating each and every individual whoever they may be with the utmost respect I would wish to be given myself.

I'm sorry you and your bf are going through a tough time :heart:

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 1:54 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm sorry you and your bf are going through a tough time :heart:

Thank you sweety, I hope that you are doing well that1weirdgrllll :heart:

My aspie friend and I have an inexplicably strong bond. If he cannot work out a way to communicate that promotes my feeling of being respected and appreciated then I won't see him again and it will be a great loss for us both.

Last edited by Teach51 on 18 Jul 2020, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2020, 2:07 am

Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

NT women quickly make up their mind about someone they like, for example, "He is 6'4' and works in Finance!" or "his family has no money," or, "when I saw his grades - all A's - that's when I chose him", or "I like military guys."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:12 am

Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Sorry Teach...wasn't meaning you or your friends.

I was thinking out a-loud (must curb my tendencies) about the several hundred NT girls in Australia I had the unfortunate circumstance to waste my time on. If I had a second chance I would saved enough money in my 20s and flown straight to India and found a wife there.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:27 am

idntonkw wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

NT women quickly make up their mind about someone they like, for example, "He is 6'4' and works in Finance!" or "his family has no money," or, "when I saw his grades - all A's - that's when I chose him", or "I like military guys."

Why would these women make you happy?
You need to work on empathy, soft skills and communication. Be the best man you can be ethically and look for a good woman. If
OP dumped his girlfriend because she is fat then how is he any better?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:30 am

idntonkw wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This is precisely what I mean't by superficial. I spent a few years being a "simp" to an attractive girl who kept me in the friendzone but slept with men she met on the first night.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Sorry Teach...wasn't meaning you or your friends.

I was thinking out a-loud (must curb my tendencies) about the several hundred NT girls in Australia I had the unfortunate circumstance to waste my time on. If I had a second chance I would saved enough money in my 20s and flown straight to India and found a wife there.

We're good Cyber.Generalizations lead us into dangerous territory.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
idntonkw wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This is precisely what I mean't by superficial. I spent a few years being a "simp" to an attractive girl who kept me in the friendzone but slept with men she met on the first night.

Was she superficial or just not attracted to you? That's hardly her fault.What is more valuable in the long term, hook ups or friendship?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:47 am

I have had a male friend for 7 years who I considered a really close friend. During lockdown in March he asked me if I was seeing my lover during lockdown and when I said no he immediately started making sexual innuendos and invited himself to come and have sex. This has hurt me deeply as I really valued our friendship and makes me question the motives behind all of our interaction. So are most men incapable of having platonic deep friendships with women? Are they always "hovering" in the wings waiting for sex? I have many male friends, are they all slaves to their testosterone? I don't want to believe that. I never discuss my sex life with male friends, why would they perceive me as a sexual object?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:48 am

Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I think cyberdad was trying to be sympathetic to the autistic community.

But yes,
I think NT bashing should be left to the experts,
Such as myself. 8)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:01 am

Pepe wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But yes,
Such as myself. 8)

You are the expert :lol:

Men seem to dwell on past rejections more than women. This must be a "man" thing. I like Cyber but he of all people should not divest NT's of the right to be discrimination free. I know the herd mentality prevails but I have never included myself in that. I do concede to Cyber that herd mentality is superficial and prolific but it is not all encompassing by any measure.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:13 am

Teach51 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But yes,
Such as myself. 8)

You are the expert :lol:

Men seem to dwell on past rejections more than women. This must be a "man" thing. I like Cyber but he of all people should not divest NT's of the right to be discrimination free. I know the herd mentality prevails but I have never included myself in that. I do concede to Cyber that herd mentality is superficial and prolific but it is not all encompassing by any measure.

NTs are known for their herd mentality, in comparison to Aspies, but of course, there are always exceptions.

People often use the adage: Trying to organise those on the spectrum is like trying to corral a box of cats.
I'm one such "Kool Kat".
Try to keep me on topic, in a thread, and see what happens. 8)

It has also been said that cultural/technical innovation has a lot to do with autistic influences,
Because they can better see outside the box,
Of Kats. 8)