Brooklyn Blue and Black Lives Matter Protesters clash

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 12:21 am

They burned a statue of the Virgin Mary in Boston today.
That just about says it all.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 2:02 am

wow, you guys are pleasant bunch, aren't you?

has anyone on this site even met a single one of these (in?)famous protesters or is your image formed by the totally-not-cherrypicked image of them the totally-not-biased media is feeding y'all?

i met a few, one of them stayed over last night after several days at CHOP...she's pretty tough

does the idea of living in a civilisation and culture totally built on murdering, systemic exploitation of the weak, rape of children and nature and that's forceful driving us apart for maximum "productivity" not make ONE person uncomfortable?

....also, what kind of piece of s**t statue "burns"? is anyone really making wooden statues :lol:

vermontsavant wrote:
If there are any peaceful protesters :?:

it appears you have fallen victim to the establishment propaganda machine

Sad!

guess what. "peaceful protesters protest peacefully" isn't going to reel in the clicks

= ad revenue

= $$$$$$$$$! !! !! !! !! !

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 2:12 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

has anyone on this site even met a single one of these (in?)famous protesters or is your image formed by the totally-not-cherrypicked image of them the totally-not-biased media is feeding y'all?

i met a few, one of them stayed over last night after several days at CHOP...she's pretty tough

does the idea of living in a civilisation and culture totally built on murdering, systemic exploitation of the weak, rape of children and nature and that's forceful driving us apart for maximum "productivity" not make ONE person uncomfortable?

....also, what kind of piece of s**t statue "burns"? is anyone really making wooden statues :lol:

vermontsavant wrote:

Sad!

guess what. "peaceful protesters protest peacefully" isn't going to reel in the clicks

= ad revenue

= $$$$$$$$$! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The statue was lit on fire but wasn't fully burned,they must have used an accelerant or something,it was blackened but not consumed.

The establishment isn't really all that great but I have learned the counter culture is far more wicked.

They hate authority because they are so desperately narcissistic and self loving and authority is a threat to them.The world is a horrible place but the counter culture would just make it worse.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 12:57 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Will this ever end, wouldn't it be great if the rioters would do what Buddhist monks did during the gulf war.Light themselves on fire and burn to death.

I think it is more likely for these people to copycat something from South Park, where Chef was protesting his rights and instead of lighting himself on fire, he doused a monk in gasoline and burned the monk.
As most know recently Charlie Daniels has died and he had a song called "simple man" which talked about dropping drug dealers out in the swamp.That's what I think of these rioters and protesters,put them out in the swamp and let the Moccasins,gator's and ratlers do the rest.These rioters are nothing but anarchist scum,period!

Can we drop murderous police and the human waste who support their violent acts there too? You know, they're the entire reason the protests exist in the first place; why go after the symptoms when you can go after the cause?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 2:43 pm

:chin:

You ever think people may burn the flag because they love America so much they want to see it change & be better?

Flag burning is a form of protest, after all, not a renunciation of citizenship.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 7:16 pm

The anti-war hippies in the 1960s used their college degrees to become corporates and Gordon Geckoes in the 1980s

I am sure many of those causing mayhem in protests now will be likewise running corporations in the 2040s

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 4:57 pm

I'd like to step in between the two sides and settle it by saying, "All lives matter! You can all go home, now!"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:54 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd like to step in between the two sides and settle it by saying, "All lives matter! You can all go home, now!"

But claiming 'all lives matter' is a lie. All lives can't matter until black lives matter. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 9:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

But claiming 'all lives matter' is a lie. All lives can't matter until black lives matter. :wink:

Taking this to its logical conclusion no lives will matter until everybody believes and acts upon the idea that all lives matter. In other words no lives matter, never have and never will.

I do not think that way. I think all lives do matter and the fact that racists and others do not believe this and act on these beliefs does not change this.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 10:43 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

vermontsavant wrote:

Sad!

= ad revenue

= $$$$$$$$$! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The problem is that the media latches onto the issues they think are going to get the most people's attention negative news tends to do that. So Brutal racist white cops get recorded abusing their power because they think they can get away with it. Media makes a huge deal out of it. It leads to more controversy. they then send that to people who think since all the news they see are EXTREMES that most cops are like that. Which leads to resentment form both sides.

"does the idea of living in a civilisation and culture totally built on murdering, systemic exploitation of the weak, rape of children and nature and that's forceful driving us apart for maximum "productivity" not make ONE person uncomfortable?"
Yes it makes everyone uncomfortable. That's why imo people latch onto these issues. People can't deal with the fact that civilization is inherently screwed up at it's basis. and I doubt that's going to change human nature, which is to take advantage of the weaker party. That's the ugly truth and people do it all the time. The facts are society is flawed. People are flawed. And most people don't put much if any effort into actually making society a better place. Civilization is founded on the suffering of others. I'd like you to name a culture that are accepting of all people. Even aspies tend to bear prejudice towards NT people. Got any ideas? Here's the thing people don't like people who are different than them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:20 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Taking this to its logical conclusion no lives will matter until everybody believes and acts upon the idea that all lives matter. In other words no lives matter, never have and never will.

I do not think that way. I think all lives do matter and the fact that racists and others do not believe this and act on these beliefs does not change this.

The society you are a part of doesn't agree that all lives matter.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 8:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

The society you are a part of doesn't agree that all lives matter.

The loudest members of society agree that all lives don't matter.
30% Say Black Lives Matter More Than All Lives
Quote:
Belief that black lives matter more than all lives is up from five years ago, but most voters still put all lives first. Voters also still favor a Blue Lives Matter law in their state to protect the police.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters believe all lives matter when asked which of the statements is closer to their own. But that’s down from 78% when we first asked this question in August 2015.Thirty percent (30%) say black lives matter, up from 11% in the previous survey. Nine percent (9%) say neither statement reflects their point of view.

Sixty percent (60%) of whites and 61% of other minority voters put all lives first. Among blacks, 44% say black lives matter; 47% all lives matter

Fifty percent (50%) of all voters support a so-called Blue Lives Matter law in their state like the one in Louisiana that makes attacks on police and first responders a hate crime and increases the penalties for such attacks. Twenty-eight percent (28%) oppose such a law. That compares to 58% and 24% in mid-2016. A notable 22% are undecided.

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted June 15-16, 2020 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

The popularity of the Black Lives Matter movement has climbed dramatically after days of protest following the police killing of an unarmed black man in Minneapolis. Black Lives Matter is calling for defunding police departments nationwide and channeling that money into more social services. But most voters are opposed to cutting their local police budget.

Those under 40 are slightly more likely than their elders to put black lives first, but most voters in all age groups opt for all lives matter.

Forty-six percent (46%) of blacks favor a Blue Lives Matter law in their home state, compared to 51% of both whites and other minority voters.

Republicans (68%) are much more supportive of Blue Lives Matter legislation than Democrats (41%) and voters not affiliated with either major party (42%). But then while 72% of Republicans and 58% of unaffiliated voters put all lives first, Democrats are almost evenly divided.

Only 26% of those who say black lives matter is closer to their own thinking favor a Blue Lives Matter law in their state. Among those who put all lives first, 63% support such a law, along with a plurality (48%) of those who say neither statement reflects their point of view.

Surprisingly, cops fare slightly better. Twenty-three percent (23%) of blacks – and 16% of all Americans – think most cops are racist. But 67% of Americans rate the performance of their local police as good or excellent.

Sixty-nine percent (69%) of all voters continue to believe that most politicians raise racial issues just to get elected, not to solve real problems.

Only one poll but interesting results.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 8:15 pm

I think they will lose me if they add the word "more" in BLM