Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 1:03 am

Still lingering doubts over Barron

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 1:39 am

Okay...so he talks in word salad. But what does speaking in word salad have to do with being autistic?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 2:27 am

According to his own niece who is a clinical psychologist Trump is a narcissist who was groomed by his father was an extreme sociopath who pitted his eldest son and Donald against each other to toughen them up.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 2:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
According to his own niece who is a clinical psychologist Trump is a narcissist who was groomed by his father was an extreme sociopath who pitted his eldest son and Donald against each other to toughen them up.

Yes. He is likely to be a narcissist. So...what is your point?

That that proves that he IS autistic? Or that he is NOT autistic? Or are you just making an aside?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 3:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Yes. He is likely to be a narcissist. So...what is your point?

That that proves that he IS autistic? Or that he is NOT autistic? Or are you just making an aside?

No I was pointing out to the OP that there's no indication he either is diagnosed or displays traits in common with autism. Barron on the other hand :shrug:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 4:15 am

ok.

Yes, Trump is definitely an interesting psychological specimen. And you're certainly right that the signs point to things like narcissism and sociopathy, and not so much towards autism.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 15 Jul 2020, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 5:16 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ok.

Yes, Trump is definitely an interesting psychological specimen. But you're certainly right that the signs point to things like narcissism and sociopathy, and not so much towards autism.

Not wanting to overemphasise the point too much but he and his father were extreme NT and collaborated to ensure his nephew who had cerebral palsy never received a cent to cover his medical expenses.

Quite incredible for a grandfather to despise his disabled grandchild.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:11 am

Autistics are known for being poor at manipulating people, does that describe Donald Trump?

As for Barron, even if one believes in making an armchair diagnosis the "evidence" is a few videos taken at noisy events some of the late at night where he looked awkward. Some have pointed out these are autistic traits, these seem like normal reactions of a 10-year-old which is what Barron was at the time.

The other "proof" that Barran is autistic was that he has been rigorously hidden and that Melania and Barron moved into White House months after Trump's inauguration supposedly to hide his autism. Maybe just maybe it was to let him finish out his school year. I know we are suspicious and critical of everything Trump's do and with good reason but the Trump's have done the right thing by hiding Barron away. It is hard enough being the first son never mind having Donald as your father. Barron is still a minor, not elected to anything, and not involved in formulating policy so leave him be.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
Not wanting to overemphasise the point too much but he and his father were extreme NT and collaborated to ensure his nephew who had cerebral palsy never received a cent to cover his medical expenses.

Quite incredible for a grandfather to despise his disabled grandchild.

The grandfather was paying for the grandchild medical insurance. It was spitefully cut off by Donald when the grandfather's will was contested.

Extreme neuroTypical is kind of an oxymoron :?. My hypothesis is that he has a ND which is the flip side of ASD. He has great social skills but no analytical skills. His lack of common knowledge is astounding. It all suggests to me a mind way outside the NT range.

I am reading Mary Trumps book presently and she is explaining his deficits based on family dynamic problems. I find this explanation totally inadequate.

I agree we shouldn't be discussing Barron. The tradition of the press avoiding any criticism of presidential children should be respected here too.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 7:31 am

Could be "broad autism phenotype"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 7:35 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Autistics are known for being poor at manipulating people, does that describe Donald Trump?

As for Barron, even if one believes in making an armchair diagnosis the "evidence" is a few videos taken at noisy events some of the late at night where he looked awkward. Some have pointed out these are autistic traits, these seem like normal reactions of a 10-year-old which is what Barron was at the time.

The other "proof" that Barran is autistic was that he has been rigorously hidden and that Melania and Barron moved into White House months after Trump's inauguration supposedly to hide his autism. Maybe just maybe it was to let him finish out his school year. I know we are suspicious and critical of everything Trump's do and with good reason but the Trump's have done the right thing by hiding Barron away. It is hard enough being the first son never mind having Donald as your father. Barron is still a minor, not elected to anything, and not involved in formulating policy so leave him be.

Exactly. I never understood this conviction (which Cyber seems to share) that Barron is autistic/aspie. So he looked bored during his dad's speech, and whipped out a fidget spinner. So what? What ten year old wouldnt do that? Half of the grownups in the room wish they had the nerve to play with fidget spinners during his speeches as well. Is THAT your "evidence"?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:35 am

I was thinking Trump was autistic months ago. He is the oddest person I have ever seen, live or dead.

A quote from Mary Trump's book.

Quote:
Mary Trump says her uncle is a sociopath, suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as well as a long undiagnosed learning disability.

If true, an undiagnosed learning disability would explain why Trump seems autistic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:44 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Not a bad theory.

The original poster has to yet to reappear in his own thread.

But apparently you agree with the OP, so maybe you can explain his logic to us.

The POTUS is speaking in word salad. The video suggest that he has SOME kind of mental impairment. Maybe senility, maybe stress from keeping track of lies, maybe other explanations, or a combination of causes. But I dont see autism.

And this is not about me being insulted as an autistic. I am fine with folks pointing out how historic villains might have had aspie traits (like the Unabomber say) that contributed to their villainy. As long as it's logical.

So how do you get from point A (that speech video), to point B (your conclusion that Trump is autistic)?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:47 am

RoadRatt wrote:
I was thinking Trump was autistic months ago. He is the oddest person I have ever seen, live or dead.

A quote from Mary Trump's book.

Quote:
Mary Trump says her uncle is a sociopath, suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as well as a long undiagnosed learning disability.

If true, an undiagnosed learning disability would explain why Trump seems autistic.

He maybe dyslexic. Many Utubers have presented compelling evidence that he is functionally illiterate.

So it could be dyslexia, or it could be some other learning disability.