Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 11:55 am

Ireland
Tourists who did not quarantine turned away from Tralee restaurant

Quote:
Customers at a restaurant in Tralee, Co Kerry, are being temperature checked and asked if they have been abroad.

If they have not quarantined, they are being politely refused entry.

Two groups of US diners were turned away from the Croí Restaurant in the historic Princes Street quarter of Tralee after admitting they had not quarantined, according to its chef Noel Keane.

Mr Keane said that the tourists were drop-in diners who were turned away over two days last week.While one group did not object to being turned away, a person in the other group responded by saying the Covid-19 pandemic was "over-hyped", Mr Keane explained.

"Basically they did not believe the pandemic was serious," he added. "I feel I have a duty of care to staff and customers to provide the safest possible environment."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 12:24 pm

The US figures speak for themselves. I can understand the restaurant’s reluctance to serve them.

We have to work on controlling the coronavirus here in the US.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The US figures speak for themselves. I can understand the restaurant’s reluctance to serve them.

We have to work on controlling the coronavirus here in the US.

They would have been served if they had done the 14 day self isolation that they agreed to do when they completed the COVID 19 passenger locator form, upon entering Ireland.

This is one of many stories of tourists being refused entry into businesses here because they made the decision, based it appears on personal beliefs, not to quarantine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:27 pm

Of course they should have quarantined.

But there’s the fact that most US workers are unable to get more than 2 weeks (14 days) vacation at any one time.

Basically, at this point, most people in the Red Zone cannot vacation in many Western European countries.