Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:09 am

How do we stop this? Should we disband all law enforcement? Should we make it illegal to criticize anyone who isn't a white, straight, cis, Christian male?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:15 am

cberg wrote:

Aww how cute.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:16 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
How do we stop this? Should we disband all law enforcement? Should we make it illegal to criticize anyone who isn't a white, straight, cis, Christian male?

IDK but something needs to be done...these police are out of hand.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:18 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

making sure all cops have an IQ above room temperature and get more training than your average barber, seems to be a good starting point

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:26 am

why can't americans have nice things like the rest of the west takes for granted? the rest of the west doesn't have brutal unprofessional psychopathic thugs for police. the rest of the west doesn't have these same thugs protected by a dissocial sociopathic police union that prevents any accountability of police wrongdoing. why do we have to put up with this?

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:34 am

Anyone ignoring what those "innocent civilians" are up to is being dishonest with themselves.

Democrat Mayors are letting their cities burn so the Government looks bad whether it intervenes or not.

That's pathetic,

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:36 am

Romofan wrote:
Anyone ignoring what those "innocent civilians" are up to is being dishonest with themselves.

Democrat Mayors are letting their cities burn so the Government looks bad whether it intervenes or not.

That's pathetic,

The funny part is no cities are actually being burnt down...a few firecrackers thrown at a buildings where feds are shooting at protesters from, is not actually the same thing as cities being burnt down. I have heard a lot about grafitti, but err last I checked grafitti does not ruin the integrity of buildings. But some would rather protect buildings that are symbols rather than humanity itself.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 Jul 2020, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:38 am

Quote:
why can't americans have nice things like the rest of the west takes for granted? the rest of the west doesn't have brutal unprofessional psychopathic thugs for police. the rest of the west doesn't have these same thugs protected by a dissocial sociopathic police union that prevents any accountability of police wrongdoing. why do we have to put up with this?

because anything else would be COMMUNISM of course and that would be BAD and DISRESPECTFUL to all the troops who DIED protecting our FREEDOM (even though they haven't died to protect our freedom in 75 years, and were only in it for the free education, a career path, they had no other option or because they were drafted)

i mean, capitalism gave you iphones didn't it????? i mean, that's soooo amazing WHY CHANGE ANYTHING??????

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:42 am

it didn't give ME a goddamned iphone or anything like that. systematically priced 'em way out of my range, just like it did health care and college and housing and every other RACKET of a thing in this RACKET of a nation.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:45 am

"The funny part is no cities are actually being burnt down...a few firecrackers thrown at a buildings where feds are shooting at protesters from, is not actually the same thing as cities being burnt down. I have heard a lot about grafitti, but err last I checked grafitti does not ruin the integrity of buildings"

The point remains that the Left are playing politics, creating a trap for Trump. If he does nothing the cities are out of control and his Government looks weak.

If he exercises his Constitutional Duty and cleans up the mess, he is a tyrant.

The Democrats are playing a dirty game

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:49 am

Romofan wrote:
The funny part is no cities are actually being burnt down...a few firecrackers thrown at a buildings where feds are shooting at protesters from, is not actually the same thing as cities being burnt down. I have heard a lot about grafitti, but err last I checked grafitti does not ruin the integrity of buildings.[/quote]

The point remains that the Left are playing politics, creating a trap for Trump. If he does nothing the cities are out of control and his Government looks weak.

The Democrats are playing a dirty game[/quote]

Yeah, yeah I have heard about all the things us leftists are supposedly up to. Including quotes by donald trump that we are the 'enemy' well I am sorry last I checked I was a patriotic american citizen so I am quite offended by the declaration that my political affiliations make me an enemy of the state. Like what the f**k? I love my country I just hate what the feds are doing to it they are the traitors not me.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 Jul 2020, 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 2:58 am

I am quite offended by the declaration that my political affiliations make me an enemy of the state

Nobody is saying that. You are free to be a Nudist in the Summer and a Buddhist in the Winter, as far as I am concerned.

What they ARE saying is that if you have been rioting for weeks, destroying property, blocking traffic, and making a general nuisance of yourself then the Feds have a right to shut you down.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:03 am

Romofan wrote:
"The funny part is no cities are actually being burnt down...a few firecrackers thrown at a buildings where feds are shooting at protesters from, is not actually the same thing as cities being burnt down. I have heard a lot about grafitti, but err last I checked grafitti does not ruin the integrity of buildings"

Well its not just the democrats who want him to keep his dirty federal forces out of Colorado. I vote democrat in the hopes they can be swayed easier...but I am not a democrat and I sure as hell don't want federal forces here and I am sure my brother and dad who are a little more right wing also would not want them.

Basically our state doesn't want them....and colorado will fight against it should trump send any of his special police here. As I said before Colorado says no, and when we legalized pot the feds couldn't stop it so they really think they can come in and stop protests from going on. Hell even when some of the politicians here don't agree with the protests its still cool that they still maintain the right of the people to protest even when they don't necessarily agree or like what the protests are about, apparently its a big deal in Colorado to maintain the right of people to protest.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:21 am

auntblabby wrote:

The US is not unique in this. Treatment of Muslims, African-Europeans, and the Roma in Europe by police is comparable to US police behavior. Canadian police are similarly heavy-handed; they just get overlooked bc of Canada's reputation as nice and peaceful, their proximity to the more visible US, and the fact that they do not contain the South. Queer and specifically trans people are prone to police abuse no matter where you are. And it should go without saying that the same goes for women. Don't think that the high domestic violence rates among police officers is unique to the US.
All through the west the police have historically existed to enforce the laws of the wealthy. Their default m.o. is intimidation and violence. 'When all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail'. Surplus military equipment is the hammer. We're the nails.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 4:37 am

I mean it certainly is a bit scary, especially since more than once Trump has referred to the left and democrats as the enemy or things like that. LIke I am not the enemy I am an american citizen, but it is kind of terrifying what I have seen on the news in the past couple weeks of Trump basically calling out the whole left as being the enemy. LIke I don't think I can just up and change all my leftist views, and I really don't want to get taken by the gestapo so hard to know what to do. But f**k I never had a president outright calling the political affiliation I have ' the enemy' I swear I am not an enemy I just would like to see this country do better, but I'm not an enemy. I realize the messege wasn't just for me, but I am on the left and its like goddamn i only want to see this country improve but my own president is saying people with my political leaning are enemies of the state. I mean yeah that is freaky, how long till some of his supporters take to vigilante justice and start rounding up liberals to shoot with that kind of talk.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 7:33 am

Romofan wrote:

You got that turned around, Trump is the one playing the dirty game. The protests in Portland were down to about 500 people two weeks ago, then Trump decided to send in his gestapo to provoke the citizens of Portland and now the protests have swelled to thousands again.

He mishandled the opening days of the pandemic, deriding it as a 'hoax', directly leading to the worst infection rates in the world and destroying the economy, unemployment is at levels not seen since the Great Depression, all the while refusing to take a stance against using black and brown folk as rag dolls by the police and the end result: massive civil unrest. This is what happens when you give incompetence the keys to the kingdom with no oversight.