Trump won’t say whether he’ll accept 2020 election results

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:49 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/trump-wont-say-whether-hell-accept-2020-election-results/

Quote:
President Trump on Sunday declined to say whether he will accept the results of the 2020 election, adding that he will “have to see.”

The president also claimed without evidence that “mail-in voting is going to rig the election,” during an interview aired on “Fox News Sunday.”

In response, Fox News host Chris Wallace asked: “Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results of the election?”

“No. I have to see,” Trump replied, before saying it was Hillary Clinton who had “never accepted her [2016] loss” and “looks like a fool.”

“But can you give a, can you give a direct answer you will accept the election?” Wallace pushed.

Trump responded that “I have to see. Look, you – I have to see.”

“No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either,” he added, referring to being asked the same question in the 2016 election.

During the wide-ranging sit-down, Wallace debuted the results of Fox News’ latest national poll, which showed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden leading Trump by eight points.

The commander-in-chief downplayed the findings as “fake polls.”

“First of all, I’m not losing because those are fake polls,” he said. “They were fake in 2016 and now they’re even more fake.”

Later in the interview, Trump was also asked whether he was a “good loser,” generally.

“I’m not a good loser. I don’t like to lose. I don’t lose too often. I don’t like to lose,” Trump responded.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 9:58 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/trump-wont-say-whether-hell-accept-2020-election-results/
Quote:
President Trump on Sunday declined to say whether he will accept the results of the 2020 election, adding that he will “have to see.”

The president also claimed without evidence that “mail-in voting is going to rig the election,” during an interview aired on “Fox News Sunday.”

In response, Fox News host Chris Wallace asked: “Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results of the election?”

“No. I have to see,” Trump replied, before saying it was Hillary Clinton who had “never accepted her [2016] loss” and “looks like a fool.”

“But can you give a, can you give a direct answer you will accept the election?” Wallace pushed.

Trump responded that “I have to see. Look, you – I have to see.”

“No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either,” he added, referring to being asked the same question in the 2016 election.

During the wide-ranging sit-down, Wallace debuted the results of Fox News’ latest national poll, which showed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden leading Trump by eight points.

The commander-in-chief downplayed the findings as “fake polls.”

“First of all, I’m not losing because those are fake polls,” he said. “They were fake in 2016 and now they’re even more fake.”

Later in the interview, Trump was also asked whether he was a “good loser,” generally.

“I’m not a good loser. I don’t like to lose. I don’t lose too often. I don’t like to lose,” Trump responded.

Well, as the Democrats and their supporters still don't appear to have accepted the 2016 results, I'm not sure why they are so concerned to not be receiving a categorical answer for a future election...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 10:01 pm

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 10:09 pm

This sounded like a parody but sadly it was real.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 10:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Not sure about you, but I can't think of many people who go into any competetive event intending to lose, and even fewer who like losing when it does happen, so not sure why you felt the need to repeat an obvious observation.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 10:24 pm

is ANYONE honestly surprised about this

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 11:20 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not sure about you, but I can't think of many people who go into any competetive event intending to lose, and even fewer who like losing when it does happen, so not sure why you felt the need to repeat an obvious observation.

I find it strange he thinks its alright to make fun of disabled people but he doesn't see his own personal deficits...

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 12:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I find it strange he thinks its alright to make fun of disabled people but he doesn't see his own personal deficits...

Still not seeing any mention of disabled people in the quote you supplied, so not sure how you think making this additional claim explains the reason why you posted the original (obvious) quote.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 2:06 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Still not seeing any mention of disabled people in the quote you supplied, so not sure how you think making this additional claim explains the reason why you posted the original (obvious) quote.

He (Trump) must be aware he talks like a crazy person (or as comedian Dave Chapelle says, like somebody on crack). I just find it a double standard he made fun of Serge Kovaleski, a journalist who has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition affecting the joints.

Apparently this is the one act he had done as POTUS that according to a Bloomberg poll is rated as his worst
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... ds-n627736

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 2:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He (Trump) must be aware he talks like a crazy person (or as comedian Dave Chapelle says, like somebody on crack). I just find it a double standard he made fun of Serge Kovaleski, a journalist who has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition affecting the joints.

Apparently this is the one act he had done as POTUS that according to a Bloomberg poll is rated as his worst

Still not seeing the link between a quote of an obvious statement (that, like most people, he doesn't like to lose) and a person with a disability...Or are you suggesting that people with disabilities like to lose?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 2:16 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Still not seeing the link between a quote of an obvious statement (that, like most people, he doesn't like to lose) and a person with a disability...Or are you suggesting that people with disabilities like to lose?

No not the content of what he said "I don't like to lose" - just repeating himself 3 times....

Lilinoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2020, 2:31 am

Not surprised, but I do find this statement a little scary.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:11 am

Hillary Clinton still hasn't accepted the 2016 election results even after the whole Russian collusion hoax was exposed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:14 am

He’ll throw a major trumper tantrum when he loses.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:18 am

Actually, "I have to see" is the only good answer to this question. If one challenges the election result because they "are" fake rather than because one "wants them" to be fake -- one wouldn't know whether or not they would be fake until they happen -- hence "I have to see" answer. On the other hand, if one has an agenda to pretend they are fake then yes one can predict ahead of time that they will find something to pick on -- true or false.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

cyberdad wrote:

Can you point to where he made fun of disabled people?