Trump won’t say whether he’ll accept 2020 election results

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 11:11 am

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I find it strange he thinks its alright to make fun of disabled people but he doesn't see his own personal deficits...

Can you point to where he made fun of disabled people?

On one hand:I dont quite see how the topic came up in this thread. Its not obviously relevent to the original subject. But on the other hand -I am sure that even Trump supporters would agree that it was not one our leader's finest moments.

But be that as it may...here it is that moment back in the 016 election campaign that everyone is referring to .

Last edited by naturalplastic on 20 Jul 2020, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 12:23 pm

The problem underlying Trump “not accepting the election results” is that there is the potential for him to refuse to cede the Presidency to the winner (should the winner not be himself).

I’m a rather competitive person. I don’t like trophies for third place myself—except if it’s a bronze medal.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm

Yes should never box yourself in by saying you will accept the results as elections can be really close some time to the point that you might want a recount.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 4:18 pm

It makes it seem like Trump wants to hold power unconstitutionally.

Imagine if somebody defeated Vladimir Putin in an election? Would he voluntarily step down?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm

In Trump's mind, he always wins.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 7:29 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I find it strange he thinks its alright to make fun of disabled people but he doesn't see his own personal deficits...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... ds-n627736

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

On one hand:I dont quite see how the topic came up in this thread. Its not obviously relevent to the original subject. But on the other hand -I am sure that even Trump supporters would agree that it was not one our leader's finest moments.

But be that as it may...here it is that moment back in the 016 election campaign that everyone is referring to .

Sorry that line of discussion precipitated from my quoting him repeat himself 3 times to reinforce the point he doesn't like to lose (after being asked if he would accept losing the 2020 election). It came across a little unhinged.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 7:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... ds-n627736

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of it before.

cyberdad wrote:
Sorry that line of discussion precipitated from my quoting him repeat himself 3 times to reinforce the point he doesn't like to lose (after being asked if he would accept losing the 2020 election). It came across a little unhinged.

What is the connection between not liking to lose and his attitude towards disabled?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 8:06 pm

QFT wrote:
What is the connection between not liking to lose and his attitude towards disabled?

If you read the book about Trump written by his niece (who is a qualified clinical psychologist) he has psychological deficits. I believe his is aware how what he says comes across as "crazy talk" but he keeps doing it anyway.

I quoted him after being asked about whether he would accept losing the 2020 election. His response was "I don't like to lose"....of course nothing surprising there, it might reflect his narcissism and his need to be a winner but equally I have heard plenty of competitive people say the same thing.

However what caught my eye was his need to repeat himself 3 times in a row. This comes across as unhinged and underlines what his niece and another 30-40 psychiatrists have published that he has an undiagnosed mental disorder.

For this reason his act in ridiculing a disabled journalist was a low blow but also hypocritical but then Trump wouldn't be the first politician or businessman to be accused of that.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 8:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

If you read the book about Trump written by his niece (who is a qualified clinical psychologist) he has psychological deficits. I believe his is aware how what he says comes across as "crazy talk" but he keeps doing it anyway.

I quoted him after being asked about whether he would accept losing the 2020 election. His response was "I don't like to lose"....of course nothing surprising there, it might reflect his narcissism and his need to be a winner but equally I have heard plenty of competitive people say the same thing.

However what caught my eye was his need to repeat himself 3 times in a row. This comes across as unhinged and underlines what his niece and another 30-40 psychiatrists have published that he has an undiagnosed mental disorder.

For this reason his act in ridiculing a disabled journalist was a low blow but also hypocritical but then Trump wouldn't be the first politician or businessman to be accused of that.

I think there are a lot of things Trump repeats many times. I noticed he tends to do it.

But what you said still didn't answer my question. So what I gathered is that

a) Trump ridiculed disabled in the quote, from 2016, that you brought up

b) Right now, in 2020, he talked about not liking to lose, and it is one of the evidents that Trump has mental issues

But you didn't answer the following question:

c) What is the connection between "a" and "b"?

Are you saying that he insinuated that disabled people like to lose? If so, in what way?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 8:19 pm

QFT wrote:

Are you saying that he insinuated that disabled people like to lose? If so, in what way?

No - I made the classic NT use of heuristics and approximation for which we are famous for where we assume that others get the general drift of the conversation.

a = Trump repeating himself indicating an underlying mental disorder (not proven but strongly suspected)

b = Trump thinking disability is funny and worth mocking

I am saying that a and b are incompatible.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

No - I made the classic NT use of heuristics and approximation for which we are famous for where we assume that others get the general drift of the conversation.

a = Trump repeating himself indicating an underlying mental disorder (not proven but strongly suspected)

So, basically taking 2 unrelated items of information and trying to equate them to support a personal assumption...Not really worth your original post, and no idea why it took so long for you to explain.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 9:57 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

So, basically taking 2 unrelated items of information and trying to equate them to support a personal assumption...Not really worth your original post, and no idea why it took so long for you to explain.

Probably not (in retrospect) but discussion forums can be for opening up thoughts about topics and seeing if they make sense to other people.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 10:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

So the connection is that "Trump is mentally ill" implies "Trump is disabled" since "mental illness" is a form of "disability"?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 11:14 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

So the connection is that "Trump is mentally ill" implies "Trump is disabled" since "mental illness" is a form of "disability"?

Not necessarily (again excuse my NT propensity for approximations) it means he should be informed enough to have sufficient empathy (given his own deficits) not to mock people whom can't help their neurological condition.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 11:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

Not necessarily (again excuse my NT propensity for approximations) it means he should be informed enough to have sufficient empathy (given his own deficits) not to mock people whom can't help their neurological condition.

So, making 2 similar (not repeating) statements (containing the same short phrase to affirm the preceeding section of each statement) is "repeating"?

And "repeating" (one time) is seen by you as a sign of a "mental disorder"?

Seems to be a case of trying very hard to find evidence to support a narrative rather than making an objective observation based on evidence available...The "association" with a separate incident many years ago, which took multiple requests to have explained (with information to "suppport" the claim also not quickly forthcoming) would also appear to be attempting to "find" evidence to support a spurious claim.