Trump won’t say whether he’ll accept 2020 election results

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 12:16 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Hillary Clinton still hasn't accepted the 2016 election results even after the whole Russian collusion hoax was exposed.

She did accept the conclusion of the 2016 election, as she conceded.
Russian collusion was never disproven. Rather, Trump had been bailed out by a submissive, Republican dominated senate that refused to take the evidence into account.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 1:44 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:
c) What is the connection between "a" and "b"?

Are you saying that he insinuated that disabled people like to lose? If so, in what way?

No - I made the classic NT use of heuristics and approximation for which we are famous for where we assume that others get the general drift of the conversation.

a = Trump repeating himself indicating an underlying mental disorder (not proven but strongly suspected)

b = Trump thinking disability is funny and worth mocking

I am saying that a and b are incompatible.

So the connection is that "Trump is mentally ill" implies "Trump is disabled" since "mental illness" is a form of "disability"?

Not necessarily (again excuse my NT propensity for approximations) it means he should be informed enough to have sufficient empathy (given his own deficits) not to mock people whom can't help their neurological condition.

So, making 2 similar (not repeating) statements (containing the same short phrase to affirm the preceeding section of each statement) is "repeating"?

And "repeating" (one time) is seen by you as a sign of a "mental disorder"?

Seems to be a case of trying very hard to find evidence to support a narrative rather than making an objective observation based on evidence available...The "association" with a separate incident many years ago, which took multiple requests to have explained (with information to "suppport" the claim also not quickly forthcoming) would also appear to be attempting to "find" evidence to support a spurious claim.

The original quote was from the OPs link. I merely added my own take.

The bottom line is that Trump has declared he will not accept defeat.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 1:48 am

cyberdad wrote:

He didn't say that. He said "we will see".

The way I interpret "we will see" is "we will see whether there will be any cheating by the other side; if there will be, I will challenge the result, if there won't be, I will accept the defeat".

Now, whether or not he was saying the truth or lying is a different question. But the point remains that this is what he said. So he didn't "declare he won't accept the defeat" since his statement was quite different from that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 2:00 am

He said “I’ll keep you in suspense,”. Trump has routinely said that his popular vote defeat to Hillary was the product of “millions and millions” of illegal ballots. Now, facing potential legal jeopardy from ongoing investigations into hush-money payments and any number of apparent financial crimes, he might reasonably conclude that staying in office is the only way to avoid being indicted.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 2:36 am

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He didn't say that. He said "we will see".

The way I interpret "we will see" is "we will see whether there will be any cheating by the other side; if there will be, I will challenge the result, if there won't be, I will accept the defeat".

Now, whether or not he was saying the truth or lying is a different question. But the point remains that this is what he said. So he didn't "declare he won't accept the defeat" since his statement was quite different from that.

Good luck getting a logical responce, QFT...I've found there are a large quentity of members here who seem unable to differenciate between their subjective "thoughts"\wishes\interpretations and objective facts, and who generally put forward the former claiming (or trying to give the impression) that what they are saying is "true" or accurate.

Apparently pointing out the obvious statement (that a person doesn't like to lose, and that they don't lose often) is "important" and represents a "strongly suggested" mental health issue with the person making that statement :roll:

This is of course discounting the fact that nothing was repeated 3 times as initially claimed, with the statement being "I'm not a good loser" (emphasised by "I don't like to lose") followed by a different statement "I don't lose too often" (emphasised again by "I don't like to lose"), with the only "repetition" being the emphasis added to 2 different statements (One regarding a personal "attitude" to "something", the second to do with the frequency of that "something" occurring).

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 2:52 am

Why do some people on the internet purposely try and pretend that not liking the result of a vote was 'not accepting' the result?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 3:07 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Why do some people on the internet purposely try and pretend that not liking the result of a vote was 'not accepting' the result?

All a matter of semantics I guess, we are likely going to be encumbered with the orange fellow for another 4 years

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 5:11 am

If he loses the election via the electoral vote, he has to step down, and let the winner take his place.

He has the option of fighting the results in court, while the next person serves as President.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 5:42 am

This is slightly off topic, but it was mentioned and I'm curious...
Someone said that the democrats never accepted defeat in the last election.
That seems understandable, as weren't there actually some issues with the last election? I heard there were extra online votes for Trump, which possibly might have been interference by Russian hackers?
Did they ever get to the bottom of that, was there any truth in it, or were investigations all squished by the administration somehow?
Anyone got information?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 5:49 am

They “accepted” defeat. Trump has served 3 1/2 years. There has not been a real movement to de-legitimatize the concept of him being President—though, of course, the Democrats sought to oust him through legal means (impeachment).

Trump won the electoral vote, but lost the popular vote. That’s the American way of electing a President. The popular vote means squat, ultimately, except within states.

The main problem with this Russian collusion thing, and other Trumpian hijinks, is that Trump has many Republicans wrapped around his little finger

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 6:23 am

So did anyone actually investigate?
Like an independent review of the electoral results to see if there were any issues?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 6:39 am

There was the Mueller investigation about 1-2 years ago, which turned up suspicions, but no real proof, of Russian collusion. Of course, Trump sought to stifle that investigation.

And, of course, the impeachment investigation which involved interference in the affairs of Ukraine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 7:05 am

In terms of the electoral results specifically, there was no serious investigation into them. Trump, in fact, disputed his popular vote loss.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 9:07 am

If Trump refuses to leave he will be an criminal intruder who is a threat to President Biden. It will be up to the secret service to deal with him accordingly.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 10:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Hillary Clinton still hasn't accepted the 2016 election results even after the whole Russian collusion hoax was exposed.

She did accept the conclusion of the 2016 election, as she conceded.
Russian collusion was never disproven. Rather, Trump had been bailed out by a submissive, Republican dominated senate that refused to take the evidence into account.

The Mueller report found no Russian collusion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2020, 12:47 pm

They found collusion....but not enough evidence to make it “criminal.”