Biden thinks we have never had a racist president,until now

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 5:44 am

Biden at a virtual campaign rally said to a Korean immigrant at the rally that "Trump is America's first racist president,others have ran but no racist has ever been elected" end of quote.

I'm not the type to call America racist or excessively bring up our past,but how could anyone think we have never had a racist president?Jefferson owned slaves,freed on his death grant it but owned slaves,Jackson was a known racist and killed thousands of Native Americans,just a couple off my head,there are likely many more.

I saw this on MSN

How dumb can someone be? :x :?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 5:47 am

Are US presidental elections an ignorance contest?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 5:50 am

vermontsavant wrote:
How dumb can someone be? :x :?
They need to keep Joe offline and safely in his basement until election day.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 6:30 am

magz wrote:

Yea,often times

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 8:22 am

vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:

Yea,often times

Then Trump will be hard to beat, despite all the effort.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 9:04 am

Steve1963 wrote:
They need to keep Joe offline and safely in his basement until election day.

If he ever leaves it, he may not be able to find it again.

It's obvious that those who still think Biden is worthy presidential material are thinking exclusively that he is a democrat or they don't like Trump. The man became senile very rapidly and is now only a shadow of his old self, who was not that great to begin with. It's painful to watch and I only wonder why his family is putting him through this humiliation. He deserves to be playing with his grandchildren in the garden.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 9:04 am

Biden certainly had a senior moment there.....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

Maybe its daftness, but more likely its just him being a politician. They all always speak in hyperbole.

Make a bold a statement that aint exactly so, but is based upon some germ of truth.

Some historian wrote an article in the 80's about how "democracies are less prone to military aggression than dictatorships" which is statistically true. And that is a selling point of democracy over dictatorship. But then Reagan latched on to that and declared in a speech that "no democracy in history has ever started a war". Democracies have started wars, and thats even before you get into the nuances of "what is aggression?", and "how do you define a 'democracy'". America's bloodiest war was when we fought each other in our Civil War. Both Lincoln and Jefferson Davis were democratically elected, and since it was a civil war there was no clear cut "aggressor". So, strictly speaking, Reagan was talking nonsense. But there was that kernal of truth to it- that dictators find it easier attack other countries than do democratically elected heads of state who hafta answer to voters.

Similarly you could say that no president in living memory has used racism in his sale pitch to voters the way that Trump has (though some claim Nixon's fetish with 'law and order' was a racist dog whistle). Many loosing candidates did (Goldwater, Wallace)did. But no elected POTUS except maybe Nixon.

So thats the Kernal of truth. But obviously even in modern post slavery times weve had Presidents who said racist and or anti semitic things behind closed doors.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 9:43 am

Saying, "he's the first", sounds like he's honoring him.

Many racists have tried, only Trump was able to do it.

Be the hero of your life.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2020, 3:30 pm

As much as I think Trump completely lacks any form of commonsense I am basically going to hold my nose and vote against Biden lol

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 4:13 pm

Trump is going to choke himself with his own noose, Biden would be well advised to do nothing and let that process play out as opposed to going out and knotting one up for himself.