Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:24 pm

Yes, I did.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 12:03 am

No, I didn't. I never found it fun to build stuff with Lego, and I also lacked patience for it. I was only interested in playing with the finished buildings and whatnot.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 1:08 am

LEGO was and remains awesome. I spent basically all of my allowance on sets.

Re: price; nowadays there are big-name Hollywood themed LEGO sets like Star Wars and Harry Potter of a sort that didnt exist back when. I cant imagine thats helping the overall price point.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 7:23 am

I remember my grandparents having a large bin full of lego bits in a closet. When I was young, I would go running to get them and build stuff for hours. Those things were great.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 3:09 pm

OHHHH Yes, loved Lego so much; that is Lego displaced 'Erector Set' (which I also loved) as a favorite!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 12:03 pm

Yes, I played with Legos as a kid and teen. I liked them, and so did my younger brother. We each had our own, but sometimes played Legos together, even tho we usually didn't get along too good. When I was well into my teens I gave all my Legos to my younger brother. I'm in my early 60s now, and about a year and a half ago, my other brother was going thru our father's garage to clear out a lot of stuff. This was at a house none of us siblings had lived in as kids. My older brother found a big bucket of the Legos that my younger brother and I had owned. I have no idea how they found their way to this house. For some reason my older brother brought them over to my new apartment. I decided to keep them, as it occurred to me that I could make a few useful items out of them, and I've done so. Guess it wasn't such a silly idea to bring them over here. Even tho I've only been using them once in a while, to make useable items, I still get some satisfaction with the design and assembly of these things.

Lego isn't just for kids, and isn't just for toys and games. Did you know that they are even making some prosthetic hands and arms partially out of Legos? These are real working artificial limbs, for kids who need them. Trouble is, with kids they are still growing, so they need to change up to bigger limbs several times as they continue to grow. Regular artificial limbs are very expensive, but the ones made partly with Legos are a lot cheaper, and I think the original model can just be expanded with more bricks to grow with the kid. The low cost and the easy functionality make this a really cool solution. The kids can even pick the colors of the bricks used in their prosthetic limbs.

We also had Lincoln Logs and an Erector set when I was growing up. Legos came along later for us, but all of these are fun toys that encourage both the practical side in getting kids to build, and the imagination side, in that you have the freedom to design what you build, and what you do with it.

We had train sets, but these were only used during the Christmas season, and then put away till the next year. Would have liked to keep them out all the time.