Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Oct 2020, 3:08 am

Boundaries are healthy. Let's define some.

I think media with political agenda (either way) made a lot of damage, claiming eiter everything to be riots or everything to be peaceful protests. Both do happen. One is okay. One is not.

The right police intervention would be to pick the harmful individuals from protests before it becomes riots. I believe Sheriff Judd orders his people to do exactly this.

Unfortunately, there is a conflict of interests - for police unions and the president, the worse the riots, the stronger their arguments against adressing the originally protested issues. So, it's not in their interest to keep the protests peaceful :( Thus, indiscriminate pepper-spraying :( :( :(

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:29 pm

At this point, I do not understand what the protesters/rioters seek to accomplish.
The city will have to spend over a million for repairs already, half of the police force is looking at layoffs; so many police are needed for these demonstrations, there is NO way the citizens are getting the protection they need and deserve.
Leaving the city is not an option for anyone unless they rent.
No house or condo will find a buyer for at LEAST a year, after this disaster.
No industry would dream of opening a factory or even an office there.
No chain store will open there.
The demonstrators have pretty much destroyed their city.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 11:00 am

Man sets fire to Seattle police car with officer still inside:

Quote:
A Seattle police officer sitting in a patrol car Thursday afternoon suffered minor burns after a man set the vehicle on fire and ran away, authorities said.
The cop’s vehicle was parked in an alley around 1:30 p.m. when the attacker thew a flaming piece of wood into the car, triggering a massive fire, according to police

Police said the suspect was caught in a nearby parking garage and was taken into custody after being tased.

A witness told local news outlet KIRO that the man was heard screaming, “I’m gonna kill all you,” as he walked down the alley with a burning torch in his hands.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

17 Oct 2020, 7:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I imagine vandalised buildings can be a tourist attraction in Seattle....landmarks of history

Come on, we have more than vandalised buildings and protests and riots here. We have a Space Needle! A SPACE NEEDLE!