The Lego Thread; Discuss Lego or Show Off Your Creations

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 7:18 pm

I know I'm not the only AFOL on here, so let's make ourselves known. Who else is an adult fan of lego?

I've only got a few things to post, it's been years since I've taken photos of my creations.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dronf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2020, 7:32 pm

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm

I LOVE Lego. My wife has gotten me a few Star Wars sets the last couple of years and I've bought a couple on my own (and LOTR sets). We live in a 1 bedroom apartment at the moment with cats, so I have to keep them in our closet for their own safety. My next two sets will be the Razor Crest and the Final Duel from Return of the Jedi when they're released later in the year. Running out of storage space!

edit* My childhood lego sets are in a storage unit at the moment.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 7:44 pm

Those are awesome Feyokien.

At some point I'd like to build a new fortress, I always turn 'Castle' into 'Early Modern Gunpowder Era'. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 8:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

At some point I'd like to build a new fortress, I always turn 'Castle' into 'Early Modern Gunpowder Era'. :oops:

I'm jealous of your Lego medieval army :P. The LOTR theme came out after my childhood, I would own them all if I could! :mrgreen:.

I had Life on Mars, Adventurers, Knights Kingdom (I & II), Dinosaurs (2001), Star Wars, Harry Potter (1 & 2), Bionicle , Dino Attack(2005) theme sets when I was a kid (along with a few miscellaneous sets).

Not quite Lego, but I also had Mega Bloks Dragon sets, but they were never the same as Lego.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 8:57 pm

Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm jealous of your Lego medieval army :P. The LOTR theme came out after my childhood, I would own them all if I could! :mrgreen:.

I had Life on Mars, Adventurers, Knights Kingdom (I & II), Dinosaurs (2001), Star Wars, Harry Potter (1 & 2), Bionicle , Dino Attack(2005) theme sets when I was a kid (along with a few miscellaneous sets).

Not quite Lego, but I also had Mega Bloks Dragon sets, but they were never the same as Lego.

I had a few of the Mega Bloks sets and you're right, they were never the same.

My steppes warriors are actually 'early modern'; some of 'em got guns on their saddles but they still fight with bows when mounted, usually. Thank you though. :mrgreen:

I've also got another army from that period.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 8:21 am

I still need to sort out some photo hosting, but I am most definitely an AFOL! Got back into it about 10 years ago to get me through some very bad times. I tend to build miscellaneous truck-type things, suburban houses, and spaceships that are basically Classic Space done with non-Classic Space pieces.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:07 pm

I lied. My next four sets will be the Razor Crest, Bespin Duel, 501st Troopers, and AAT with Ahsoka. I'm so excited that they're releasing the Bespin Duel (so overprice though) set to a wider audience due to COVID, outranked the Final Duel for me. Where am I going to store these things...

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 11:29 am

After fighting with Imgur for a bit (how can such a popular site be so good at hiding your own actual profile from you?!) I think this is working. A couple of views of one of my spaceships. It's a vaguely Star Wars-ey fighter.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 12:51 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
It's a vaguely Star Wars-ey fighter.

Definitely getting a retro vibe from it, like a mixture of shape of an Arc 170/ Bird of Prey and the simplicity of an Arwing.

I think the last custom star fighter I built may still be in one piece somewhere.

caraway_cat
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2020, 2:28 pm

I never knew there was such a thing as lego envy, but I think I'm afflicted after viewing this thread :lol:

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 3:09 pm

I like and have a few Elves sets

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 4:35 pm

New Lego sets all showed up....decided I have enough mini-figs to start making scenes. Started with the Mandalorian.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

The Razor Crest is an absolute beast! Kind of looks like you could rebuild it into Serenity from "Firefly"...

Wish I'd bought some Elves sets now- they use some fantastic colours, and I like the dragon head and wing pieces.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 3:06 pm

I have the London Skyline set but I find it really hard so I'm doing it slowly. I keep giving up and trying again.

Really admire that you guys managed to stick with it and make your creations!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 8:49 am

KT67 wrote:
I have the London Skyline set but I find it really hard so I'm doing it slowly. I keep giving up and trying again.

Really admire that you guys managed to stick with it and make your creations!

To be fair, those Architecture sets are really difficult. Lots of extra-tiny pieces, lots of wierd building techniques.