The Lego Thread; Discuss Lego or Show Off Your Creations

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 11:04 am

I made a frog out of dinosaur.

The set, 31058, is a T-rex that can be rebuilt into a triceratops or a pterosaur. It's pretty amazing.

There were several ball joints of different kinds, so I could make it with hind legs that stretch into a leaping posture.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 2:15 pm

(no, it's not mine)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 7:27 pm

My new profile pic comes from a kind of "Space Road Truckers" thing I dreamed up a couple of years ago. The truck used up all the teal and all the school-bus yellow I had at the time.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 7:57 pm

I built The Lord of the rings Tower of Orthanc(Sauruman's tower) kit, maybe I can post a pic later but right now it would be rather cumbersome not sure I can get a good picture with the current lighting. But it was fun to build for sure and makes a nice display item for the living room.

aviandivine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2022, 11:05 am

My boyfriend and I have Lego dates where I sort all the bricks by color and he builds them! I love it. We've built the Seinfeld set, one of the bouquets, a Tie-Fighter, and the Mars shuttle. I really want to get the ship in the bottle set which I might get as a housewarming gift for ourselves when we move in together. Does anyone have the ship in the bottle?

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 11:04 am

I'm a little obsessed with all the different Lego Space factions from the late 20th century. Don't currently have a collection of them myself, but this guy does! As a kid, I had a few of the o.g. Classic Space sets and at least one each from [deep breath] Futuron, Blacktron, Space Police, M-Tron, Blacktron II, Space Police II and Ice Planet. I just really like the colour schemes and all those bright transparent canopies.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 12:03 pm

My son and I built the Millennium Falcon together. Then he took it apart to harvest for parts even though we have plenty of Legos that aren't part of a kit.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to play with Legos.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 12:30 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
My son and I built the Millennium Falcon together. Then he took it apart to harvest for parts even though we have plenty of Legos that aren't part of a kit.

I'm all about reusing parts, so I don't go for the big-ticket sets. That feels like a completely different game and I just don't have space for huge permanent display models. Even a thousand-piece set is a nightmare to take apart and sort, let alone to rebuild from your general stored parts collection later! Kind of interesting how many ways there are to do Lego as a hobby.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 12:32 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

I'm all about reusing parts, so I don't go for the big-ticket sets. That feels like a completely different game and I just don't have space for huge permanent display models. Even a thousand-piece set is a nightmare to take apart and sort, let alone to rebuild from your general stored parts collection later! Kind of interesting how many ways there are to do Lego as a hobby.

Yep, that's true. I prefer doing kits. I don't really know why. I'm creative with drawing and writing.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2023, 3:31 pm

Any creations applying old-school (1970s-era) LEGO pieces?

I never had a chance to photograph my rather 'experimental minimalist' creations I had created with old-school LEGO pieces.