Page 5 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2021, 8:31 pm

I’m playing a dragon game, it’s addicting, I’m also playing a solitaire game that is different from the classic game.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

Blathers is my favourite Animal Crossing character.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 11:43 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

He's obviously* not my favorite, but I like Blathers. I miss that he doesn't tell you about the stuff you donate to him in the newest game...I'm too lazy to actually go into the exhibits and seek out and read the new ones.

*actually maybe not that obvious to you, but KK Slider was my avatar here until just recently.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 11:48 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

He's obviously* not my favorite, but I like Blathers. I miss that he doesn't tell you about the stuff you donate to him in the newest game...I'm too lazy to actually go into the exhibits and seek out and read the new ones.

*actually maybe not that obvious to you, but KK Slider was my avatar here until just recently.

I like him and K.K. Slider almost equally, but whenever I play the GameCube version I remember how much I love when Blathers rambles about the donations, and he wins me over a bit. lol

Donating to Blathers and listening to K.K. on Saturday were also my two most favourite things to do in Animal Crossing as a kid, and they still kind of are.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 11:44 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I like him and K.K. Slider almost equally, but whenever I play the GameCube version I remember how much I love when Blathers rambles about the donations, and he wins me over a bit. lol

I like Totakeke because he's a musician like me...except he's much more of a "hip cat" than I am.
Maybe if I wasn't so awkwardly autistic... ¬_¬

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 12:10 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Donating to Blathers and listening to K.K. on Saturday were also my two most favourite things to do in Animal Crossing as a kid, and they still kind of are.

My favorite character is Flick. Kind of funny that he asks if I remember him every time :lol:

I confess that I’m not really interested in designing or any of the creative stuff that most people do with New Horizons. The most creative thing I’ve done is place the not-Godzilla-but-really-Godzilla statue so it looks like it’s coming out of the ocean. Mostly I just try to get all the collectibles and recipes.

I really don’t want to think about how much money I’ve spent on expansion packs for The Sims. Especially if I total 2, 3, and 4 8O I played the original too, but I was young enough that it was my mom (who also played, she originally got it for herself and let my brother and me play it sometimes) who bought the expansions when they came out :lol:

And the vast majority of what I do there is create Sim versions of myself and live vicariously through them, because I “have no life” in reality.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 1:53 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

My favorite character is Flick. Kind of funny that he asks if I remember him every time :lol:

I confess that I’m not really interested in designing or any of the creative stuff that most people do with New Horizons. The most creative thing I’ve done is place the not-Godzilla-but-really-Godzilla statue so it looks like it’s coming out of the ocean. Mostly I just try to get all the collectibles and recipes.

I really don’t want to think about how much money I’ve spent on expansion packs for The Sims. Especially if I total 2, 3, and 4 8O I played the original too, but I was young enough that it was my mom (who also played, she originally got it for herself and let my brother and me play it sometimes) who bought the expansions when they came out :lol:

And the vast majority of what I do there is create Sim versions of myself and live vicariously through them, because I “have no life” in reality.

I do the same thing in The Sims. I just sort of make myself, give myself a lot of pets and my dream job, and then get bored and make another household like that later. lol

I also have a lot of expansions for The Sims 3. I honestly like The Sims 3 and its expansions more than The Sims 4.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 1:21 pm

A guy told me I played on an easier level because I didn't like to lose. With time, I figure out that maybe he was right...

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:07 pm

My favorite Pokemon games are the Mystery Dungeon ones. Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is my very favorite.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 7:12 am

I have zero competetive instinct, and would rather just wander around a game level than try to beat it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 9:14 pm

- Maybe an odd one, but I like to try to lose on purpose sometimes. It gives me an idea of what the game will allow me to do, depending on the game it might offer dialogue to convince the player to get back on track or offer advice. Trying to find the quickest way to fail can be entertaining. I like to think: How badly can I mess this up? Then I do so. It can be good for a laugh. However, I only do this in single player games.

- Extending on that, I like to test unconventional ways that I could pass. Sometimes a level is set up in a way where it is clear what it expects you to do, but then I wonder if the game developers have factored in alternatives. For example, say you have a room where you have to reach something high, so you have to stack objects to get up there. Now, there are objects in the room, so go figure these are the objects you are supposed to use. There were objects in a previous room, of similar sizes, so I'll take the objects and try them in the room. Do they have the same qualities as the objects I was meant to use? Can I combine them?

Alternatively, seeing if I can fight a boss with only one spell and the power of running away. Usually I fail, but sometimes I win and it actually works out in interesting or amusing ways. An example of this was in a game where I had to travel through a maze, I figured out that if I moved in a somewhat odd pattern and ignored the game's instructions, I could avoid all the monsters and slip through a crack, end up on the wrong side of the final door and then use my weapon to shoot at the ground and propel myself backwards through the exit. Technically the only requirement of the level was to reach the exit and an npc I spoke to afterwards seemed surprised that I had no damage and full health, telling me that I must've thought to bring potions along. Yup, that was definitely it. :lol:

- The motherlode cheat in sims has been used...often. :P

- I have a tendency to avoid or put off side quests unless I care about a character.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:41 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
- Maybe an odd one, but I like to try to lose on purpose sometimes. It gives me an idea of what the game will allow me to do, depending on the game it might offer dialogue to convince the player to get back on track or offer advice. Trying to find the quickest way to fail can be entertaining. I like to think: How badly can I mess this up? Then I do so. It can be good for a laugh. However, I only do this in single player games.

I definitely do that in oldschool adventure games (point-and-click, interactive fiction, etc). Some of the game over sequences can be pretty funny.
"You are likely to be eaten by a Grue."

It was also kind of fun in Maniac Mansion, one of the few (the only?) LucasArts adventure where you could die...but it wasn't easy to do, you had to work for it.

I do it in multiplayer games sometimes, especially if it's something like Halo or CoD that I don't care much for, and we're playing couch so I don't have to worry about getting kickbanned.
Find cliff, jump off, repeat.
Especially if it's a Halo, I just like the drive the cars around and honk the horns, and they go over cliffs pretty well.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:56 am

I'm still playing the original Quake twenty four years after buying it.

I'm really hoping that the possible new version doesn't use the Doom engine and the infuriating weapons upgrade system.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 3:24 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
I'm still playing the original Quake twenty four years after buying it.

That's a lot of games for me, but I do love Quake, it's a lot of fun (and easy) to mod.

maycontainthunder wrote:
I'm really hoping that the possible new version doesn't use the Doom engine and the infuriating weapons upgrade system.

I don't have very high expectations for any new sequel or reboot, but at least the Machine Games stuff had veteran Quake mappers involved. Some of them are friends of mine.

Sugaredquills
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2023, 5:49 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Blathers is cool.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 7:55 pm

I still get confused whenever I try to generate characters for Pathfinder or Starfinder games.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.