Page 1 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 7:58 am

Confess all of your gaming sins here!

I play all of my games on the easiest difficulty
I love playing Talking Tom and Candy Crush on my iPad
I mostly play casual games (Cooking Mama, Nintendogs and Hatsune Miku Project Diva)
I don’t play online

I feel better already!

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 8:21 am

My last console was a Genesis, and I hardly have any games installed on my 'gaming PC'.
I don't play online ever.
I don't play much at all, even my racing sims.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2020, 8:22 am

I have a bad habit of spending $60 on a game because it's popular and had good reviews and state of the art graphics with a million sidequests and customization and crafting, etc, then getting bored of it in a few days and going back to free and cheap retro or indie games.

I got bored of the Witcher, I got bored of RDR2, I don't care for GTA or shooters. I just wanna play me some FTL, or Civ or Age of Empires. I never seem to be able to get on board with trends or what my friends are all playing.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 8:25 am

usagibryan wrote:
I have a bad habit of spending $60 on a game because it's popular and had good reviews and state of the art graphics with a million sidequests and customization and crafting, etc, then getting bored of it in a few days and going back to free and cheap retro or indie games.

I got bored of the Witcher, I got bored of RDR2, I don't care for GTA or shooters. I just wanna play me some FTL, or Civ or Age of Empires.

I think I've got AoE 1 and 2 somewhere in my backups. I've got Diablo 1, NWN, SWBF:2 and OpenSonic as far as non-racing games, and rFactor, Grid and Shift 1+2 for racing.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 8:28 am

If a game has a "cheat" mode, I will use it to explore and familiarize myself with the game world, and then go back and play the game.  I still lose, but at least I can quickly get back to where my character "died" and take revenge.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2020, 6:47 pm

I will readily use walkthroughs and strategy guides for many games. If I struggle for more than a little while to figure out what to do or where to go, or if I am dying on a boss more than a couple times, I'll look online. I used to be more patient and independent, but over the years just got sick of wandering around trying to figure out what to do, etc. That being said, I don't struggle all that often, but when I do, I just go straight for the answers.

I'm also really bad about starting games and never finishing them. I get into the game but then I just get distracted, sometimes I'll make it almost all the way through the game and do this. For me to finish a game is actually kind of a monumental occasion. If I play it half way, that can be seen as a success. There are a bunch of games I bought and only played for a few hours. Often they just seem too hard and tedious or I get the general idea and get bored of them. When I was young, I used to write game reviews on a website...and almost all of the reviews I would write without even having finished the game, or sometimes even made it half way through.

Here are some recent PS4 game examples:
The Witcher III - I heard how amazing this game was and decided to buy it a few years back. I think I only played it for like 2 hours, and then put it down.
Skyrim - I was into this one for a while, and played it for quite a few hours, maybe like 10-20. Then one day I just got bored of it, and never picked it up again.
Nier Automata - Read great things about this game, played for maybe 10ish hours, really enjoyed it...then got kind of pseudo-lost and didn't have the patience to figure out where to go.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Played this about half way. Really enjoyed it, but then just got distracted with other stuff. I eventually got bored of all the quests being the same.
Bloodborne and Dark Souls III - played both of these for like a few hours total, then decided they were too hard and that I didn't want to give them my time.

I tell myself "oh maybe someday I'll finish them" but it's almost like a form of hoarding...because I'll keep buying new game while all this is going on. Basically with a game, I'm either in all the way, or I'm not. It takes a game that I'm really amazed with to get me to played it all the way through. Otherwise I just feel like I'm playing a demo or something and entertain myself for a while. Many of these more "open world" style games, I just don't feel like there's that much of a sense of plot or direction, and I'll put the game down once I play enough to get a sense for what the world is like.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

When I play something with some elements of horror, I will often read ahead so I won't be jump scared by something I won't feel prepared for, despite kind of having an interest in horror. I have done this for games like Dead Space, Bioshock, and other games that ramp up tension, even for Bloodborne despite being a Souls fan and loving the game. I just get spooked really easily. I think that I did for the first Last of Us, but I did mostly play through Part 2 without a Guide, until the ambush enemies showed up.

Dead Space 3 was the game in that franchise that I could stand the most because it allowed me to get a weapon that felt like I had some control; a chain gun that caused stasis (slow) when it hit enemies and an attached rocket launcher. This way I would not be getting attacked by fast moving enemies.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 10:46 pm

Across my top 13 most played games of at least 100 hrs each on Steam, I have totaled 4,827 hours since June of 2012. I can only imagine what the total is with console games included.

53% of those 4,827 hours were spend on just two of the games.

My most played game is Mount and Blade Warband.

Many of my most cherished games don't meet the 100 hour threshold.

I don't discriminate between indie and AAA games.

asuraswe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2020, 6:29 am

Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima although my Collection of 6 different consoles with
over 80 games have a lot of games that I haven´t even started :O Some of the games are
made for two players although no one wants to come over so I´d stick with the 1 player.

When I´m on the tram, bus, train; I stick to my good old 3ds playing some
of the fire emblem games.

Confessions of a gamer...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 12:58 pm

I record Let's Plays with God Mode on.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2020, 3:44 pm

When I was a kid, I went through a stage where I was scared of the game Silent Hill. At that point, I was pretty into horror games, and I was able to play Resident Evil 2 and be scared in a way that made me uncomfortable in a fun way, but didn't disturb me deeply. Once I got into Silent Hill, I got stuck or something like I often would...and defaulted to watching my older brother play it, with my second oldest brother there watching as well. I think what ended up happening is that my brothers would make the experience more scary for me. I'd watch him play and they'd go "omg, this game is terrifying, look at all this creepy stuff", and then later when I was alone at night, I'd obsess over it. It is a really dark and disturbing game. Going into that alternate universe just freaked me out.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 4:53 pm

I dislike AAA games generally, particularly how many of them have followed a trend of games being a service rather than a product. I like to buy a game, and then have the game. As a result, these days I mostly play arcade style and indie games.

...That's not my gaming confession though; that's a common preference for older gamers. My gaming confession is I play a lot of Fate/Grand Order on my phone, which is a free to play gacha game, and that I spent $129 on Saint Quartz, the currency used to pull from the gacha. That's a lot of money for a chance to actually get something good in return for it. I broke my rule and I don't really regret doing it, but even so I know that that same amount of money could've bought me eight other entire games.

My second gaming confession is that though I haven't logged into World of Warcraft for many years, I have almost one year of time logged in. That's a significant portion of my life, logged into one videogame. That eclipses my logged hours of playing Elite: Dangerous, Warframe or Civilization 5, which have about a month each.

My third gaming confession is that I really enjoy visual novels. Baldr Sky, Muv-Luv, Song of Saya, etc. Actually, these are highly regarded games, but typically you can't bring up liking them without someone's reductionist statement mentioning how much you must be into 'anime titties'. I also live in a place where it could be illegal tomorrow to buy such games. So when people offline ask what sort of games do I play, I'll generally omit to mention liking this entire genre.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 3:46 pm

I don't enjoy mmo's very much.
Dragon Age 2 is my favorite game in that series.
I prefer console gaming to PC gaming.
I sided with Edelgard in Fire Emblem Three Houses (haven't finished it, so we'll see how that works out)
I think Dark Souls 2 gets too much hate.
I think casual gamers are valid.
I love the gaming industry's move towards character diversity.
I don't mind that games are, generally speaking, easier than they used to be. We do not need every game to be Battletoads or Castlevania 1. And I say this as a massive Demonbloodsoulsbekiro fan.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 4:27 pm

I save scum on Xcom2 so that every shot hits(none of this 99% chance to hit = MISS)

Traex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2020, 8:50 pm

I have nothing to confess..
Except that I often linked what I was playing on with what I was thinking at that time (e.g linking fantasy with reality), because of my Schizophrenia

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:39 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I play all of my games on the easiest difficulty
I mostly play casual games (Cooking Mama, Nintendogs and Hatsune Miku Project Diva)
I don’t play online

These mostly holds true for me as well, although I haven't played Cooking Mama or Hatsune Miku, and it's been a while since I played Nintendogs.
roronoa79 wrote:
I think casual gamers are valid.
I don't mind that games are, generally speaking, easier than they used to be. We do not need every game to be Battletoads or Castlevania 1.

Agreed. And it annoys me that some wouldn't consider me a gamer because my preferences differ from theirs. I don't think I'm less into it, but I enjoy other games and other ways of playing. For me it's all about addictive gameplay , having fun and immersing myself in the game world.

It's the same with board games for me. When my mom and I play games like Ticket to Ride, Sagrada, Azul 2, Patchwork and Copenhagen, we are both into building tracks/ placing windows etc, and we don't keep track of score at all it just detracts from the gameplay, we're just immersed in planning and building and completely lose track of what anyone else is doing and whose turn it is. It's awesome!

I don't do online play or multi player games of any kind. MMOs would kill the fun for me.
I'm not into the competitive scene at all (like for instance battling other Pokemon players)
I'm all about consoles not PC playing and my preferred are handhelds.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765