Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2020, 8:42 am

I love game trainers :oops:

FuronGrunt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2020, 2:01 pm

I play games on easy whenever I can. I only crank the difficulty up if the AI becomes stagnant or if its a game where character upgrades are a thing.
I prefer using a gamepad for most of the games I play on PC.

I always use cheat codes whenever they are available.
I actually like most of the Call of Duty titles and "Dark-Age" era Sonic games.

I frequently save-scum in strategy games, RPGs, and games that utilize any sort of moral choice system.

Although I enjoy watching game reviews from time to time, I just can't really get into Let's Plays at all for some reason.

I tend prefer more frantic open world games such as Saints Row, Crackdown, Prototype, and Infamous over much slower-paced titles such as GTA, Division, or the slew of medieval/Sci-Fi themed RPGs and Soulslikes that more or less replaced those kind of frenetically paced games during the 8th generation.

I actually quite liked Resident Evil 6. (Although I do agree that the game would've been much better if it was an original IP under Capcom's big Western push at the time)

I enjoyed some of the much derided "Brown-and-Grey" shooters/zombie games of the 7th gen. Mostly more of the intentionally over-the-top stuff such as the first two Army of Two games, Mercenaries series, Dead Rising, and Prototype.

I wished Nintendo would relax their stance on fan-projects and take on a more SEGA-esque approach to the whole issue.

It feels like although publicly gaming companies are pushing for more diversity/character variation (which is a great thing especially from a creative standpoint!), most character designs from the 8th generation tend to be extremely boring, cookie cutter, and bland when compared to what we got during the 6th and 7th gens respectively. Which is something that completely clashes with the mindset these developers and publishers claim to support.

What I mean with this is that Western devs more or less churn out the same generic faux-hawk sporting soldiers, Pixar mascots, and space knights/ninjas over and over again. While their Eastern counterparts just spam the same medieval knights, trench-coat wearing grunts with spiky bob cuts, or glorified Victoria's Secret models wearing bits of metal with rail guns strapped to their arms over and over again.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 1:40 am

I have a bad habit of buying a lot more games than I'll ever have time to play and backlogging most of them. I can spend more time discussing games than actually playing them. There are some "must-play" titles I've never personally played that would probably shock a lot of people.

I very rarely ever play online multiplayer. The most I've used PS+ in recent years is to buy a short-term subscription for less than the money it would help me save on select games. I've never owned a Xbox and don't plan to. I primarily use my "gaming PC" for web browsing, and when I do use it for games, they're usually of the indie and/or visual novel variety that don't exactly require a ton of horsepower.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 1:48 am

Tross wrote:
I have a bad habit of buying a lot more games than I'll ever have time to play and backlogging most of them.

I used to do that with model kits, now I do it with toy cars, at some point I'll probably end up doing it with car parts (just like my dear ol' papa).

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 4:58 am

Tross wrote:
I have a bad habit of buying a lot more games than I'll ever have time to play and backlogging most of them. I can spend more time discussing games than actually playing them.

Me too, the Switch has made me a huge backlogger....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 7:29 pm

I play most computer games with a controller with the usual exception of first person shooters.

I dig straight down to level 12 on Minecraft at the beginning to quickly gather diamonds. I don't really care if I land in lava cause respawning has no real penalty at this point in the game.

I tend to over purchase games during sales but I have gotten better at this over time, especially going back and playing games I never played.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 7:36 pm

Holy s**t it's Dragnet :lol:

10 out 10 I'd do it again.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 11:17 pm

I'm downloading rFactor again. I might not see you guys for a few months. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2020, 2:54 am

So many people seem to be all about epic boss fights etc. I prefer the way to the boss fights, the exploring, finding items and treasure, leveling up and fighting lesser enemies, the boss fights are just what I have to do to move on to more, they're not highlights to me. I have it the exact same way with movies and books as well. I prefer the monster of the week episodes and intros, while for instance Harry Potter 5-7, the big bads in Buffy, etc are far less interesting to me, even if that is what it's supposed to lead up to.
My perfect version of SteamWorld Dig would for instance having the robot keep digging for eternity, finding new minerals to sell and new upgrades to her defence and pressure bombs etc, and many small caves to explore. Just digging, finding and going on is the meat of the game for me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2020, 11:49 am

I finished Final Fantasy XV (finally). I started it about 3 and a half years ago. It's not necessarily that long of a game, but I got distracted for extended periods...and then felt the need to level my characters up almost to the max. Also, I never got around to playing StarCraft 2, although I was a huge fan of the original, and WC1 and 2. So I think StarCraft 2 might be the next place I go for gaming fun.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 7:16 am

I use cheat codes.

Yeah, I know most will hate me for it but perhaps they should try playing games with motor function issues that mean I can't react fast enough.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 5:13 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
I use cheat codes.

Yeah, I know most will hate me for it but perhaps they should try playing games with motor function issues that mean I can't react fast enough.

I don't think anyone cares so long as you don't cheat in multiplayer games. So long as you're having fun then have at it. Usually I like to cheat after I win a game legitimately, Grand theft auto is particularly entertaining with cheats.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 2:33 pm

Dragnet wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
I use cheat codes.

I don't think anyone cares so long as you don't cheat in multiplayer games. So long as you're having fun then have at it. Usually I like to cheat after I win a game legitimately, Grand theft auto is particularly entertaining with cheats.

I use cheat codes in my Let's Plays, specifically God Mode and there are people who do care. I've been attacked and criticized by them, but I still do it. I've provided reasons and statements justifying my use of cheat codes yet there will be people who don't give a $#!+. That's why I block them. I don't have the mental energy to keep arguing with other people's ignorance to defend myself. There's a thin blurry line between criticism and trolling for me. I don't have time to deal with either trying differentiate the two.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 11:08 am

I Save Scum with a vengeance...

No one on my suicidal X-COM team up against impossible odds are allowed to break a fingernail, a hair or a sweat...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:25 pm

eyelessshiver wrote:
I finished Final Fantasy XV (finally). I started it about 3 and a half years ago. It's not necessarily that long of a game, but I got distracted for extended periods...and then felt the need to level my characters up almost to the max.

I got up to I think going into some dungeon and getting some sort of legendary item, and not playing it since, which feels like a few years ago now. It is not like I disliked the game, in fact I like style elements like the gang, the photos and memes like a new recipeh, that is a game that I kept playing in weird chunks despite not necessarily hating it.

Probably the same with Bayonetta 2 and Devil May Cry 5, I have mostly played near the start of the game and need to actually play them. Maybe I can do it after I have finished Ghost of Tsushima, I am beginning to realise that I might be starting to like some games that don't have ridiculous side quests, so that I can actually feel like I finished them. I actually got Bayonetta 2 twice, once on the Wii U and again on the Switch, and for some reason I played the first game on the Wii U after having played it on Xbox 360, just so I could play with the Nintendo costumes. I kind of think that I was afraid of Bayonetta 2 and Devil May Cry 5 might be disappointments after waiting after the previous games that I liked, so just barely played them.

I am also not super far in Persona 5, despite having become a fan through the anime, like not even got my favourite character, Futaba. I think that it is because the always marching forward limited time has me kind of obsess over trying to use that time as perfectly as possible, that I have a hard time making decisions, and whenever possible when in a day of combat I will diligently keep farming experience and money as far as a possibly can. I am just super conservative with every resource that it can become difficult to play. To say nothing about the mechanic to get stronger creatures.

I am mostly the same with Fire Emblem games, where I become obsessed with doing everything perfectly, that I don't think that I have finished the ones I have played. Such as in Awakening I have gotten pretty far, which was to the point I paired off every parent character to get their children which I paired off the children to have them be most effective in combat, but then kind of stopped. I got both versions of Fates, and only partially into the one I was not looking forward to, Birthright. And I barely got past tutorial parts of Three Houses, because I keep worrying about spending all that time perfectly.

It is weird that I can follow all the memes of these games that I barely have gotten into.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 12:55 am

My favourite part of playing games is interacting with NPCs and completing side quests for them.