Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Redd_Kross
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2020, 5:41 pm

I've been in a fair number of relationships where I got involved too quickly and didn't have the awareness to back out again quick enough either. That isn't a boast, I'm not a particularly good looking chap and unfortunately I'm HF enough that girlfriends tend not to realise for ages but then get very unhappy when they do. Turns out I'm not easy to live with, long term.

I think I've genuinely been in love 3 times. Even then, I spent a lot of time acting like an idiot, but only realised afterwards. Self-awareness in real-time is a big problem.

One thing I will say here is, I've always said I have suspected AS (I have a diagnosis now, but for years it was "alleged" while I was on waiting lists). Every partner I've had has kind of dismissed that, they've never really bothered looking into what it means. I think they take my aloofness as calm confidence when actually it's just nerves and a lack of social skills leading to partial withdrawl. I've been told I seem really chilled out, which is a massive irony.

I'm not prepared to date anyone now who isn't willing to do the research. I don't like upsetting people and there's just far too much potential for that.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 11:40 am

Twice.

Having my heart broken at 18 was one of the most painful and distressing things I have experienced.

2 years later i met someone else and fell in love again, and 20 years on we are still together!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 4:18 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Twice.

Having my heart broken at 18 was one of the most painful and distressing things I have experienced.

2 years later i met someone else and fell in love again, and 20 years on we are still together!

8) 8)

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 4:52 pm

I'm so happy for Aspies that have found love (or its pneumatic equivalent :) To have someone that "gets you", that is aware of all of your quirks but stays with you anyways...man that must be special.

Good Luck to you all!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 5:30 pm

Romofan wrote:
I'm so happy for Aspies that have found love (or its pneumatic equivalent :) To have someone that "gets you", that is aware of all of your quirks but stays with you anyways...man that must be special.

Good Luck to you all!

Thanks for the Good Wishes
For Love Life to Last as Life is Good;

Hehe; But my Wife is never
Gonna 'get me';
But She
doesn't
have to 'Speak'
'My Language' for Love to Breathe;
Meh; There is always Room
for other Understanding;
at least
without
a Jealous
Spouse and
She's got that part nailed down as
Truly an amazing Art; After All Love
is Said And Done: Love is Art as i
surely haven't
found
a
Manual
that works alone..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 7:21 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Twice. Having my heart broken at 18 was one of the most painful and distressing things I have experienced. 2 years later i met someone else and fell in love again, and 20 years on we are still together!

you are blessed. :flower: