How to transition to female without hormones or surgery?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Richard2989
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2020, 3:33 pm

I'm not changing my mind. I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria at 24 by a psychiatrist but didn't receive support in the community.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 3:53 pm

Richard2989 wrote:
How to transition to female without hormones or surgery? I'm not changing my mind. I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria at 24 by a psychiatrist but didn't receive support in the community.
Complete transitioning seems to require both hormones and surgery.  Otherwise, you could simply wear traditionally female clothing and makeup.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 4:20 pm

Like Fnord said, you can just wear female clothing, makeup, go by a female name, etc. You would be socially transitioning, which they would require you to do before you medically transitioned anyways. You don't ever have to go on hormones or surgery if you don't want to, especially since they're expensive procedures that have risks, but be aware that it's also hard to change your gender marker and other things in some areas without doing so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 4:34 pm

Yes!  That's the phrase I was looking for: "Social Transitioning".  It usually entails assuming only the outward appearance of your inner gender while retaining the body with which you were born.  Full physical transitioning seems to require corrective surgeries, as well as a regimen of hormone treatments before, during, and long after the surgical procedures have been completed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 5:33 pm

Clothes, makeup, and names don't have s**t to do with being female. Look past that haze of misogyny and gender stereotypes and maybe you will realize that there are females who don't dress any particular way, don't wear makeup, and don't have a "female name."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 5:44 pm

starkid wrote:
Clothes, makeup, and names don't have s**t to do with being female. Look past that haze of misogyny and gender stereotypes and maybe you will realize that there are females who don't dress any particular way, don't wear makeup, and don't have a "female name."

Correct except for the bit about misogyny, a transwoman is a woman without needing to wear the clothes, makeup and name. But doing those things can helps socially.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2020, 5:54 pm

starkid wrote:
Clothes, makeup, and names don't have s**t to do with being female.

What about breasts and physical appearance?

Quote:
Look past that haze of misogyny and gender stereotypes and maybe you will realize that there are females who don't dress any particular way, don't wear makeup, and don't have a "female name."

What exactly makes a person male or female? Feminine traits like being passive and afraid or masculine traits like being strong and aggressive? That sounds misogynist to me not to mention offensive to women with masculine traits who identify as female.