Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
Hot 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Cold 67%  67%  [ 41 ]
Warm 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
No preference 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 61

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 2:46 pm

I hate the heat. It leads to me having meltdowns and avoiding going outside in the summer. Temperatures above 75 degrees Fahrenheit are very uncomfortable for me. Temperatures above 80 degrees Fahrenheit can trigger a meltdown. My favorite times of year are fall and winter.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 3:16 pm

I prefer cool. Around here, sweating is dangerous for most of the year, so I have to make hard adjustments going in and out of the hot season. However, I had a much harder time before I first worked hard in the heat. My sister still does not have active sweat glands.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 3:24 pm

I wish I could live in marine west coast climate. I can't stand the temperature extremes where I live. Anything above 75 oF is uncomfortable. I can handle the cold better, but I still wish their weren't so many below freezing days.

randomusername
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2020, 2:05 pm

Last edited by randomusername on 04 Aug 2020, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 3:08 pm

I prefer cold. It's currently summer here and I tend to spend most of my time in my bedroom with my window air conditioner at 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't like being outside a lot when it's warm, but I'll go for walks and do outside activities in the fall and winter.

My Tumblr

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 6:35 pm

Relative.

The norm here is... over 75+ F.
Sometimes even at it's coldest, but this is one of the high heat cities within a tropical country.

I'd start being uncomfortable at 95+ F, but barrable. It can take over 100+ F for me to start fussing around.

Anything below 75 F, to me, is considered cold.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 10:11 pm

Cold weather is the best weather to me. I've mentioned that I don't notice changes in temperature that much, but being cold I can feel easier and isn't actually a bad sensation. Being in cold water is even better.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 10:20 pm

I hate the heat. :(

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

irreversibility
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2020, 7:41 pm

People look at how I'm dressed and ask me, 'Aren't you cold?' I hate the heat and have to watch how it affects me. Otherwise I'll get angry easily or feel run-down. It makes it very difficult to fall asleep. The cold weather suites me much better.

IR

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:47 pm

I like hot weather. I dislike air conditioning. As long as I have a fan and ventilation through open windows, and water, I am fine with pretty hot temperatures, up to around 100F. It's not pleasant when it's that hot, but I don't mind it too much.

The cold, on the other hand, is painful. When I have to go outside there is no way that I can cover up enough. I wouldn't be able to move if I wore enough clothes to be warm on a really cold winter day. Also, my nose and my face will always be cold, and my hands too if I have to take off my gloves to do something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 9:00 pm

OP: if your poll had a "lukewarm" option, i would have selected it. :| anyways, having had heat exhaustion and heat stroke in the past, i have to be careful in the heat and stay indoors for the most part, in air-conditioned comfort.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 8:56 pm

I prefer the cold. Heat makes me ill unfortunately. My ideal would be temperatures between 70°f - 20°f year round, with some nice snowfalls but not so much you get sick of it. If only my fingers/feet could circulate blood properly so I didn't have to constantly check for gangrene spots :roll:, then I'd like the cold even better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

Two words: Eureka, California in the summer.

For the winter: Jerusalem. Usually in the 50s/60s in winter—yet they get snow every year.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 10:37 pm

I'm sensitive to heat and humidity. It also bothers my eczema my ideal temperature is like 60 degrees or so. As for the cold i'm not sure. but i prefer the cold weather, you can always put more layers on than you can take off but only to a certain point. -13 degrees Farenheit not my thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 11:11 pm

when i was stationed in the army in hot states like texas and virginia, i sweat so much in the summer that my blood pressure was low [dehydrated] but as soon as i moved back home to washington's cool and non-sweaty [for the most part] weather, i started holding onto my water and my blood pressure shot up.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2020, 6:13 pm

I am almost always cold. I hate the cold and cannot handle it at all. Even being just a bit chilly can prevent me from sleeping literally all night. The air conditioning in public places during summer is usually too cold for me.