Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
Hot 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Cold 67%  67%  [ 41 ]
Warm 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
No preference 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 61

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:46 am

Growing up in Kansas, I have had the pleasure of being out in 120 degree F summer days and -30 degree F winter days (not the windchill). While uncomfortable, you do get used to the temperature extremes over time. I kinda miss those extremes where I live now.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2021, 2:03 pm

I hate midwest summers, the humidity and heat. Also, severe weather puts my nerves on edge. At the same time, I am so tired of Midwest winters. I wouldn't mind someplace with less severe winters.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 2:33 pm

King Kat 1 wrote:
I hate midwest summers, the humidity and heat. Also, severe weather puts my nerves on edge. At the same time, I am so tired of Midwest winters. I wouldn't mind someplace with less severe winters.

try the south puget sound or olympic peninsula area of washington, about as temperate as they come.

ApricitiousRory
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2021, 5:37 pm

I hate heat + humidity. I can hardly function when it’s like that.

I can somewhat tolerate the dry Summer heat here in New Mexico.

I despise feeling hot & sweaty/sticky.

AQ score: 36
Diagnosed May 2021: ASD Level 1, requiring support; and also Unspecified Anxiety Disorder

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 6:07 pm

ApricitiousRory wrote:
I hate heat + humidity. I can hardly function when it’s like that. I can somewhat tolerate the dry Summer heat here in New Mexico. I despise feeling hot & sweaty/sticky.

how hot [temperature in degrees] does it have to get in that dry heat before people sweat profusely?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the humidity added to the heat is just miserable.

Don't forget high UV radiation to, it makes it feel worse. Sunburn is a major concern especially if your pale. Me personally it really isn't the heat I hate but high uv radiation to be honest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:50 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Don't forget high UV radiation to, it makes it feel worse. Sunburn is a major concern especially if your pale. Me personally it really isn't the heat I hate but high uv radiation to be honest.

that is why i likely never will live anyplace other than the western half of washington state.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 2:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

that is why i likely never will live anyplace other than the western half of washington state.

A lot of places have a similar climate to the western half of Washington state. The climate zone of Western Washington is in between San Francisco, California, and Anchorage, Alaska. The British Isles and Western Europe also have the same climate to along with Tasmania and New Zealand as well as Tierra del Fuego in South America.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 2:14 am

King Kat 1 wrote:

West coast is the place to be.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 2:17 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
Growing up in Kansas, I have had the pleasure of being out in 120 degree F summer days and -30 degree F winter days (not the windchill). While uncomfortable, you do get used to the temperature extremes over time. I kinda miss those extremes where I live now.

Were you there during record heat or something. Is 120 f the heat index or actual heat, when did you experience 120 f summer days and -30 f winter days.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 2:30 am

a freak hot weather day occurred in 2009 here in western washington, a local heat record of 113F [thankfully just a day and night] caused my a/c units to overload, it was 90F inside and totally miserable.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 4:56 am

I prefer "natural". You know cold in winter and hot in summer. I appreciate all seasons and weathers. We don't have air conditioners and just get hot and sweaty in summer. :D I do keep a large collection of assorted clothes for every season. I haven't shopped at all since the pandemic started and I think my wardrobe will be adequate for years. :)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 7:37 am

Why do the options include hot, cold, warm, but not cool? That would be my preference. Cool, but not cold.

Oculus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2021, 7:59 pm

I fare very poorly in heat. It does not take much heat to turn my brain off, and if I can not cool down soon it makes me physically sick (vomiting, bowel evacuations) and I can not think for the rest of the day, even if I subsequently cool down.

Friends say my symptoms resemble "heatstroke" but I looked into heatstroke, and it is a consequence of dehydration. Overheating does these horrible things to me even when I stay well hydrated, so that is clearly not it.

I am happiest in the lower to mid sixties (Fahrenheit) and I really start to suffer badly in the lower eighties.

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2021, 8:24 am

Not a fan of hot weather, particularly when coupled with humidity. I prefer when temperatures are below about 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Nonsense
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2021, 11:11 am

12-18 ℃ in the outside is about the most preferable depending a bit on activity level etc. Frying summer sunlight often gives me headache and makes me feel dizzy.