Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2020, 11:41 pm

I’m going into delivery work, probably package or grocery delivery. I used to work with people directly and made way more money but Covid affected my mental health. I feel like I can’t be around people anymore. Covid sent me into a downward spiral of self hatred. How has Covid affected your mental health? I feel like Covid has isolated me and it “taught” me to think that I’m one of the worst human beings in existence; not approachable due to autism, dumb, unable to think/do some of the basic things that others are capable of. If you guys recovered mentally from Covid, please share your stories. Or anything relevant. Or maybe I’m just venting here. I don’t know.

Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 4:58 am

I work full-time as a draughtsman. In the beginning, covid was an unwelcome extra burden, but now I don't really let it bother me. I read the news, wash my hands and wear my mask, and that's "enough". No need to do more.

1 month into covid my little brother was diagnosed with cancer. The treatment is harsh but he has almost recovered now. I dealt it once again by setting limits. I can talk to him and support him mentally, but not more than that. I'm not a doctor. Knowing my capabilities and my role is important. People who try to do everything mostly end up doing nothing.

You're not the worst person in the world. That's just your perception of yourself based on a faulty self-image of what you ought to be. You're just you, and that's ok.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:42 am

Erjoy29 wrote:
... How has Covid affected your mental health? ...
Hardly at all.  Most of my pre-covid work was done in relative isolation, my home life usually involved only immediate family, and going to the store was always stressful.  Now, even with face masks and social distancing, there has not been much change.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

whatacrazyride
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2020, 2:11 am

Erjoy29 wrote:
I’m going into delivery work, probably package or grocery delivery. I used to work with people directly and made way more money but Covid affected my mental health. I feel like I can’t be around people anymore. Covid sent me into a downward spiral of self hatred. How has Covid affected your mental health? I feel like Covid has isolated me and it “taught” me to think that I’m one of the worst human beings in existence; not approachable due to autism, dumb, unable to think/do some of the basic things that others are capable of. If you guys recovered mentally from Covid, please share your stories. Or anything relevant. Or maybe I’m just venting here. I don’t know.

I feel ya. This whole thing sucks and I have been much more paranoid and political (just not here). This has been a trying time for our family, and for me. I'm back in the hospital after spending more than four months there (Jan 4 - May 22) earlier this year and I have no idea how long I will be here. No one can or will see me in person; this isolation will drive me insane, like it in the spring (I had two nervous breakdowns during the last stay). I'm having to deal with depression right now because of all of this. The combination of being sick and this whole COVID thing has messed with me. But, I have tried to stay strong; I did allow my sister's family who is in from Japan (missionaries that are on a long-term stay here in the US - their son has Asperger's) to live at my house so they could maintain it. So I guess something good came from it; they didn't have to find a place to rent.

Truth is, this is a trying time, and there are so many unknowns; for us Aspies, it makes it doubly difficult to not know what's going to happen. Everyone is acting differently; people are much more paranoid; people are far less friendly (at least in my opinion). People are mentally on edge; the combination of the ridiculous measures being taken, the rioting and overall tension (at least here in the US), along with the fallout economically and socially has caused people to be far less pleasant and on edge. You're not alone in feeling like this.

1986, I am happy that your brother is recovering; I had Leukemia at age 9 and 13; it sucks and I don't wish it on anyone.