Anti Vaxxers Anti maskers sue Canadian governments, media

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 11:22 am

Anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers file $11M lawsuit against Trudeau

Quote:
An Ontario-based anti-vaccination organization has filed an $11 million lawsuit against Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the CBC reported Thursday.

The Vaccine Choice Canada and seven individuals are suing the Canadian and Ontario governments, the City of Toronto, a number of politicians and health authorities, as well as the CBC over their response to the coronavirus pandemic including business closures, mask mandates and social distancing rules.

The plaintiffs are arguing that the defendants' "extreme, unwarranted and unjustified" responses to the pandemic were "not scientific, nor medically based, nor proven." They also allege government mask mandates can cause "physical and psychological harm," according to the lawsuit.

"The plaintiffs state, and fact is, that the defendants have never acknowledged, addressed, spoken to, nor responded to...contrary expert views," the complaint reads.

The organization names websites including YouTube, Google, Yahoo and the CBC as platforms that have "intentionally suppressed, censored, belittled and removed the publication of any such contrary views, contrary to the principals and methodology of science and medicine," with government support.

The group also blames the World Health Organization, mainstream media and federal and local governments for facilitating the belief that COVID-19 is the "biggest threat to humanity in our lifetime," which they claim is false

While The Vaccine Choice of Canada describes itself as a non-profit that serves as a "public information and resource group committed to protecting children from the known risks of vaccines," Canadian health experts have taken issue with some of the group's past campaign messages for being misleading, the CBC noted.

The group shared the CBC's report about the lawsuit on its Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 11:33 am

Morons.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2020, 2:02 am

Can the rest of Canada sue them for wasting the court's time (and thus wasting our tax dollars)?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 10:39 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Can the rest of Canada sue them for wasting the court's time (and thus wasting our tax dollars)?

I don’t think so. AFAIK, only the court/crown can do that. We do have systems in place to deal with frivolous lawsuits that fine the time & money wasters. The difficulty in this case would be proving that these people know that their case is frivolous.. they may be too stupid to understand that and that may be a qualifying legal defence.