Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 9:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I really don't want to be a 30 year old manchild. :(

You are in charge of the steam engine that pulls your caboose my friend. Find a way to motivate yourself.

Do you realize how hard that is when you have a controlling mother who won't even allow you to learn how to drive? And I literally live out in the middle of nowhere... :|

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 10:48 pm

Yeah I know its easier to say what to do than actually do it (believe me I went through your experiences).

But motivation is an internal process and of course we don't live in bubbles....so we need to overcome the internal obstacles first before we can tackle the external ones (and controlling moms are a big obstacle).

For me negotiating was the only solution where I traded off some of my personal beliefs/needs to make my parents a little happy enough to give me some personal freedoms.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 11:01 pm

I don't think I could ever negotiate with my Mom because nothing I accomplish ever seems to impress her. I've even tried running away from home several times only to wind up in group homes which are even worst and I always end up coming back home. Last time I was determined not to come back but then the coronavirus hit where I was staying really bad and I had no choice but to come back.

And as bad as my Mom's health is now I'm worried that my brother and sister would stick me in another group home and forget about me should anything happen to my Mom. Neither of them have room for me. :(