Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 11:42 am

Trump 'cancels' Goodyear tires as he campaigns against 'cancel culture'

Quote:
Coincidentally, the President's custom limousine, known as the "Beast" has custom Goodyear Tires. Goodyear said in a 2009 statement that it is "the exclusive tire for the presidential limo and the standard tire of the US Secret Service."

Trump, who railed against political correctness during his 2016 campaign, is campaigning this year as a warrior against what he says is a left-wing "cancel culture" that seeks to get people punished or banished for supposedly objectionable words or acts.
"One of their political weapons is 'cancel culture' -- driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and our values, and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America," Trump said in a July 3 speech at Mount Rushmore.

Trump's Goodyear tweet is far from the first time he's called for boycotts, cancellations and firings of people and a wide variety of products and entities.

CNN's fact checking team compiled a non-exhaustive list of more than 30 examples since 2012, which include television hosts and networks, other media publications, the Macy's department store, and the country of Mexico.

Bolding=mine

A record to make an SJW proud. :evil:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 11:44 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump 'cancels' Goodyear tires as he campaigns against 'cancel culture'
Quote:
Coincidentally, the President's custom limousine, known as the "Beast" has custom Goodyear Tires. Goodyear said in a 2009 statement that it is "the exclusive tire for the presidential limo and the standard tire of the US Secret Service."

Trump, who railed against political correctness during his 2016 campaign, is campaigning this year as a warrior against what he says is a left-wing "cancel culture" that seeks to get people punished or banished for supposedly objectionable words or acts.
"One of their political weapons is 'cancel culture' -- driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and our values, and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America," Trump said in a July 3 speech at Mount Rushmore.

Trump's Goodyear tweet is far from the first time he's called for boycotts, cancellations and firings of people and a wide variety of products and entities.

CNN's fact checking team compiled a non-exhaustive list of more than 30 examples since 2012, which include television hosts and networks, other media publications, the Macy's department store, and the country of Mexico.

Bolding=mine

A record to make an SJW proud. :evil:

So...Are the SJW's proud of him?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:21 pm

Brictoria wrote:
So...Are the SJW's proud of him?
I'm not so sure about 'pride', but they do seem to hold him up as the standard for bullying, narcissism, sociopathy, and general cluelessness.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:28 pm

lol, he is against cancel culture but engages in it on his own because he doesn't like that they have banned his MAGA crap. The irony is so hilarious.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:32 pm

Trump and hypocrisy go together like peanut butter and jam. Sadly the cult of reactionaries propping him up aren't concerned about hypocrisy.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Trump and hypocrisy go together like peanut butter and jam...
What a horrible thing to say about peanut butter and jam!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:35 pm

Didn't he do the same thing to Harley Davidson?
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/12/poli ... index.html

... Umm, he didn't do the same thing to peanut butter and jam, did he?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 12:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

That's a ticket I'd support in 2020.

Peanut Butter/Jam 2020
What could possibly go wrong?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:01 pm

Trump pardons Susan B Anthony ...

Suddenly, she's declared a racist, and TRUMP is attacked for pardoning racists.

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:04 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Suddenly, she's declared a racist...
By whom?

Who declared SBA to be a racist?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

By whom?

I listened to news commentary ,.. however ..,

How the Suffrage Movement Betrayed Black Women
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/28/opin ... women.html

How racism almost killed women’s right to vote
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... ight-vote/

"white suffragists pressed for a federal amendment without regard for how it might pertain to women of color. By the 1910s, many white suffragists had come to believe that focusing on white women voting was the only way they could get the 19th Amendment through Congress."

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 19 Aug 2020, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

An oldie but a goodie

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:14 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

By whom?

"white suffragists pressed for a federal amendment without regard for how it might pertain to women of color. By the 1910s, many white suffragists had come to believe that focusing on white women voting was the only way they could get the 19th Amendment through Congress."

Is any of that untrue? Or are those facts just not appreciated?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:17 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Trump pardons Susan B Anthony ... Suddenly, she's declared a racist...
By whom?  Who declared SBA to be a racist?

Neither article stated that SBA was a racist; her name was hardly mentioned except in the context of the "Susan B. Anthony Amendment" (e.g., the 19th Amendment).

You might do well to pay more attention to the news, and less attention to commentaries on the news.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:29 pm

An OpEd by Linda Lopata, Director of Interpretation & Visitor Services, The National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House
IF SUSAN B. ANTHONY WAS RACIST

Quote:
Almost daily, visitors to the Anthony Museum ask if Susan B. Anthony was racist. They want to know if they should identify with her or not. The not-so-simple answer is “yes, she was racist,” and, “no, she wasn’t racist,” and “yes, you should identify with her.”

Historian and social critic, Ibram X. Kendi, provides a useful framework for thinking about racism, past and present. He categorizes one’s actions as “racist,” “antiracist,” or what he calls “assimilationist.”

Consider, this diary entry, written by Susan B. Anthony in 1866;

What arrogance…to put the question, what shall we do with a race of men and women who have fed, clothed and supported both themselves and their oppressors for centuries…the only way to solve the race question; {was} to educate blacks to be equal to their opportunities, {and for} whites to be willing to share their privileges.

Susan B. Anthony’s statement begins antiracist, citing Black agency, but takes an assimilationist tone when she insists that a white education will provide Black people equal opportunities. Her opinion does not consider what Black people knew, what they wanted, nor the racism they faced even after receiving a white education. However her final statement is entirely antiracist, and could have been written today.

Susan B. Anthony saw white privilege embedded into our culture. What she could not foresee in 1866, was how white privilege, racism and sexism would evolve and persevere, finding new ways to obscure oppression.

At the time, Susan B. Anthony was almost universally reviled for her antiracist views. White historians, to prove their antiracist bonafides, have often ignored this fact, by taking her quotes out of context. Other white historians have focused entirely on Susan B. Anthony’s anti-slavery work and close relationships with black women, but ignored her willingness to work with racist suffragists. It is as if she is a proxy for our own struggle with racism.

Judging historical figure’s actions as racist, assimilationist or antiracist, broadens our understanding of them and by extension ourselves. By thinking about race through this lens we can self-assess questions like: Do we push out of our comfort zone to call out racist behavior? Have we judged whiteness to be the only model worth emulating? Do we recognize our own unearned privilege? Do we sometimes build up historical figures only to tear them down to avoid our own racist complicity? In considering these questions we should self examine by asking: If Susan B. Anthony was racist, does that mean I am too?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/news/sus ... d-stickers