Evaluation on Wednesday any advise for me

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TessaNina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm

I'm having an evaluation for ASD on Wednesday next weeks and I'm super nervous and dont know what to expect from it. I already have problems talking to people so going to this freaks me out. How was your experiences with it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:06 pm

Mine was like being interviewed for a job: fill out some forms, talk to people, go home, wait a few days, go back, talk to more people, fill out more forms, go home ... et cetera.

It was more tedious that anything else, but I eventually had a reason for why my life had been difficult.  It's been better since.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:09 pm

Just be yourself , leave your mask at home

I would also set aside some time for yourself afterwards as it can be quite draining.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:22 pm

100% do your own thing. Act the way you would act if you were home alone.

For mine I sat on the floor with a pillow and stimmed, because I don't like chairs. I barely even looked at her, because I never do eye contact. I certainly wasn't going to fake it for the sake of pleasantries. A lot of it was done on computer and there are some pen and paper tasks. Just be yourself. Try not to upgrade or downgrade your skills.

Take stim toys, water, snacks, or whatever you think you'll need.

I even took my good luck monster.

Good luck!

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:23 pm

^^ You're metaphorical mask that is, not the physical one :D

TessaNina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2020, 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for all the replys so quick. I dont know why I'm so nerves but it helps to see others with similar experiences.

TessaNina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2020, 1:50 pm

I'm done it took a quit few different visits but less then I was expecting. I was super nerves and uncomfortable so I wasn't actually able to keep any kind of mask which I think helped. Between the RAADS-S being 225 and a lot of other evaluations and test he was doing I don't know the name of he said it was a clear diagnosis and is submitting it now. So I just wanted to thank everyone again for you for making me feel a little better and your advice.