The Legend of Zelda A link to the past

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2020, 7:31 pm

So, I just got a SNES Mini Classic and am so excited to be able to play this game again! I Always like The Ice Palace but the level frickin hard. It's been years since I've played this game so I've likely forgotten stuff. Anyone else here into this game?

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2020, 12:51 pm

First console game I ever owned. I got a used SNES...for I think my 8th (or maybe even 7th) birthday. Until then it was all computer games. I didn't beat it, I think I was a little young, I remember some dungeons were really hard and I had my older brother help out a number of times. But I definitely enjoyed it!

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2020, 1:10 am

I admit I had to look stuff up to proceed ahead but it was rewarding to beat the game nevertheless.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 2:09 pm

Honestly I liked Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask more. One of the things that bothered me about A Link to the Past was the fact that the castle guards Link kills were all innocent victims put under a spell by that evil wizard. :(

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:39 pm

Link to the Past was such a great game. I played the gba port a few years ago but I got stuck in the second to last dungeon. The dungeons in that game could get very tough since you usually had to go through such long gauntlets before you could get to the boss.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Floraptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2020, 3:45 pm

I'm currently in the middle of playing A Link to the Past on my Switch Online (I'm Generation Z) and my Link is going by "Simba". Just in the middle of stealing some rupees to get some good stuff in return. I have more memories of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword though, because I grew up with a Wii. My cousin once had an N64 with Ocarina of Time.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 9:40 pm

I first played this game in 2002 when I was 16. I got a kicked out of it when I was watching Bed of Roses and this boy named Jason opens his Christmas present and goes "The Legend of Zordak II" and I could clearly see it was A Link to the Past because I saw the game he was holding.

I guess it was a copyright thing but it was totally fine to show the title.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:42 am

I remember being blown away by this commercial as a kid:

And now, I watch it as an adult, and I'm blown away because look who it is!! !

I always loved that game so much, though. Last time I played it was on the GBA, and then on the 3DS Virtual Console, so I might need to revisit it on the TV soon...but I've got other games I want to finish first, including Ancient Stone Tablets.