Oblivion or Skyrim?
Oblivion 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Skyrim 82%  82%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 22

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:01 am

Morrowond was amazing, but I dont think it works on Xbox One.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:08 pm

Check this out! :D

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm

I think one of my characters will be a Barbarian Huntress, wearing leather and fur armed with a bow and arrow. I want to name her Artemis after the Greek Goddess of Hunting. 8)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 5:39 am

honeytoast wrote:
No mention of Morrowind? :(

Daggerfall > morrowind even though you need help like 99% of the time in daggerfall morrowind is just a boring game even the most adverse players have to admit how annoying it is.
As for Skyrim vs oblivion. It really depends Writing of oblivion is vastly superior leveling in skyrim si vastly superior. but overall I'd say skyrim would have to win. I think in 3030 when TES 6 comes out it will be similiar skyrim vs tes 6 to be completely honest

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 5:54 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I wish that I could play Oblivion and enjoy it like I used to, but it is so dated in a number of ways. While I have played Skyrim to death that I keep trying to find new ways to play it.

So my recommendation is Skyrim, especially if you have played Oblivion before and not Skyrim, unless you really wanted to revisit Oblivion first, but Skyrim is really worth playing, especially with elements like having remasters that improve graphics.

I easily have 3k hours 100% the game and playing as fictional characters makes it fun for me. Plus mods are great but xbox so :|

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 5:58 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
^ that does look bad ass

Oblivion is dirt cheap second hand.

And the hero is called "Dragonborn" and is a lost descendant of Emperor Talos (from what I heard from my brother).

Hmmm why does that sound familiar? :chin:

I don't think that's true. Well it could be i guess ubt i don't think that's confirmed.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 6:42 pm

I have decided to get Fallout 3 and Skyrim for the Xbox 360 once I save enough moolah. The Game of the Year and Legendary Editions respectively. :)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 8:39 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I have decided to get Fallout 3 and Skyrim for the Xbox 360 once I save enough moolah. The Game of the Year and Legendary Editions respectively. :)

if you get legendary edition for te xbox 360
you can't mod well you can't but it's an extremely hard mehod tha tisn't simple at all.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 8:53 pm

Pieplup wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:

if you get legendary edition for te xbox 360
you can't mod well you can't but it's an extremely hard mehod tha tisn't simple at all.

I don't really care about mods other than the official DLC.

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2020, 11:39 pm

I remember back in the day, literally like 15 years ago, my friends in college being so upset at how disappointing Oblivion was after Morrowind. I still probably have that stupid coin somewhere, and the map.

If you have to play one of the two then I guess Skyrim is probably less bad? I could say that Witcher 3 is much better, but it's obviously not as free of an experience and is more about the set narrative.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 7:22 pm

When I eventually get these games I will be taking my frustrations at the world out on the badguys and monsters trying to kill me. :ninja:

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2020, 8:42 am

Between these two options Skyrim, but where's the Morrowind option? Morrowind is my favorite in the series. I feel like most of the "dumbing down" or streamlining happened between Morrowind and Oblivion, and Skyrim just inherited Oblivion's playstyle but added and improved on a lot of things. It has a more interesting smithing system (although it would be cool if items degraded too) and getting rid of attributes fixed the leveling problem.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Drolo
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2020, 4:08 pm

Oblivion is full of bugs, on pc you can install community patches that fix most of them, on console no. So, on console, Skyrim is better that Oblivion.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 4:00 pm

I have a special nostalgia with Oblivion, so of course that is going to be my vote. Oblivion was the first TES game I ever played and is what got me through a particularly rough and isolated time of my life. I wish I had the same experience with Morrowind when it was released in May 2002, but I wasn't really into the fantasy genre back then.

For new players of the TES franchise I would recommend the latest (which, at the time of this writing, is TES V: Skyrim). If they get hooked on the lore and storyline then they can look into the other TES games. But generally for newer players in any franchise, it's best not to start out with older generation graphics because it will be an unfamiliar/degraded experience which won't leave the best lasting impression.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 6:22 pm

If you are just starting now I'd say skyrim, you could look up the lore from the previous games probably. The older games will have more dated graphics and such which if you really want to play through the whole story that may be worth it. But for sure Skyrim will be more smooth and have much better graphics than the previous ones and I don't think it is necessary to play those to get what is going on in the story line. Seems you can find half the history of what went on in the various books you can search and read in the game.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 8:36 pm

Morrowind is the most immersive and has the best story. Skyrim is the best for casual gameplay and messing around outside the main quest. Oblivion is still fun but easily the worst of the three in every way. Every game mechanic in Oblivion is done better by one of the other two.