Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:11 pm

I met a guy a day before my birthday, August 25th. He already wants to meet me. Why men want to hurry in a relationship? I want to take my time, the relationship may last longer if you both go slowly.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Aug 2020, 10:14 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I met a guy a day before my birthday, August 25th. He already wants to meet me. Why men want to hurry in a relationship? I want to take my time, the relationship may last longer if you both go slowly.

What if you meet and realize you aren’t right for each other? Then you wasted all that time talking without meeting first.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:23 pm

Men don't want to invest time in an online relationship if there is a possibility they meet months later and discover one or the other is not physically compatible

DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2020, 10:25 pm

Most nt women these days prefer relationships to be that way, so thats why the men act like that, people generally do what appeals to the most number of people.

Last edited by DonJuan on 26 Aug 2020, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2020, 10:26 pm

I should elaborate that thats what most young women ie: my age group want, before all the cougars starts jumping me,(and not in the fun way they normally do).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:35 pm

men also don't want to be catfished :lol:

DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2020, 10:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
men also don't want to be catfished :lol:

Also true

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:09 pm

alex wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

What if you meet and realize you aren’t right for each other? Then you wasted all that time talking without meeting first.

I don't see it that way myself, though I am, admittedly rather odd.

The way I see it, even if the relationship doesn't work out, the journey in between can be enjoyable.
*Real* feeling can be felt.

Most things in life become stale and die.
One might at least enjoy some aspect of it before it withers.

Having said that, people need to put a deadline on something like a relationship, so if it doesn't work out, someone has time for a potential new victim, errr, I mean significant other, in their life. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Men don't want to invest time in an online relationship if there is a possibility they meet months later and discover one or the other is not physically compatible

I tend to think along the lines of putting off meeting someone in person *in case* one partner feels they are incompatible.
True, I would be the one who doesn't measure up. :scratch:
Well, do I need to say more? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:18 pm

DonJuan wrote:
I should elaborate that thats what most young women ie: my age group want, before all the cougars starts jumping me,(and not in the fun way they normally do).

A bit insulting there, mate.
Just my opinion. ;)

DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2020, 11:23 pm

Pepe wrote:
DonJuan wrote:

Just my opinion. ;)

I fail to see why, sorry "mate", just elaborating as not to offend people, but I guess these days that's a tall order.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:52 pm

Because they want to get a better idea of whether or not you're worth their time. You can't really know for sure that you're compatible until you meet in person. A lot of people pretend to be someone they're not online, both in the catfishing sense and otherwise.

What's your aversion to meeting the guys you're talking to on dating sites?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 12:18 am

DonJuan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
DonJuan wrote:

Just my opinion. ;)

I fail to see why, sorry "mate", just elaborating as not to offend people, but I guess these days that's a tall order.

It was honest feedback.
Something that aspies are known for.

You gave your honest point of view,
And then I did.
No harm,
No foul. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 12:20 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Because they want to get a better idea of whether or not you're worth their time. You can't really know for sure that you're compatible until you meet in person. A lot of people pretend to be someone they're not online, both in the catfishing sense and otherwise.

What's your aversion to meeting the guys you're talking to on dating sites?

I assumed it was getting to know someone better.
Aspies are better at communicating online, for a whole host of reasons, mate. ;)

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 7:49 am

Pepe wrote:
Aspies are better at communicating online, for a whole host of reasons, mate. ;)

I'll put this down as one of my Aspie traits then. :wink: Still waiting to get my armchair diagnosis.

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 8:08 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Because they want to get a better idea of whether or not you're worth their time. You can't really know for sure that you're compatible until you meet in person. A lot of people pretend to be someone they're not online, both in the catfishing sense and otherwise...
^ THIS ^

It's best to be wary of any one-to-one online contact, because you never know if you are communicating with the person of your dreams or some random member of "Nigerian Royalty" who will eventually ask you to smuggle a fortune out of his/her country, but needs a few thousand dollars from you for bribes, permits, and other paperwork...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.