What apps are good for aiding with scheduling??

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 7:01 pm

Hey all, so I just got blessed with an iPad and wondering what apps for it I can use to help me with routine and stuff. Stupid to say but I struggle with everything from the second I wake up. So I need something effective with assistance from shower reminders to eating and making sure I change my bedsheets etc etc.. plus something that I can (as I often don't feel like talking and feel kind of forced to, unless I'm comfortable with a couple of people like my mom and brother and I have like only 2 friends but I'm ok with that. Anyhow before I get confused and sidetracked. Something that I can just use as a visual aid to the few people that know I've got asd that I can use to explain how I'm feeling for when I don't want to have an actual conversation with them. As I don't want to be rude and not meet up but don't want to tell them that. If that makes sense. Verbally I'm great but often it's just I don't feel like actually talking, so I avoid calls and stuff cause it's very tiring especially face to face. Like epically makes me want to go to sleep. Thanks all. Oh I have an android too but the iPad is preferred cause I can carry it around as I see others with them and seems like I can pass it off easier using it rather than seeming overly rude with a phone in my hand excessively.

Dani.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 5:22 am

I use choiceworks + choiceworks calendar. They are visual. I also use Google Calendar. Alternatively I make schedules with my AAC app, but those are quite expensive for just using for schedules.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 7:36 pm

teksla wrote:
I use choiceworks + choiceworks calendar. They are visual. I also use Google Calendar. Alternatively I make schedules with my AAC app, but those are quite expensive for just using for schedules.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's perfect for what I need and seems very accommodating to be customised for what I need. well worth the 20 it cost. Thanks again!

Dani.

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Aug 2020, 7:42 pm

I use the built in calendar on iphone and ipad but it's linked to a google calendar account so it syncs with everything

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 5:17 am

Danusaurus wrote:
teksla wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, it's perfect for what I need and seems very accommodating to be customised for what I need. well worth the 20 it cost. Thanks again!

Dani.

No problem. Ive been using them for a few years and have been happy with them. They look a bit childish but i like that they have a visual aspect to them.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 1:37 pm

If you want your privacy respecting, I'd keep that in mind when choosing a reminder app. Personally I just use a laptop with Thunderbird's calendar and reminders, which is a completely local thing (though I think I've seen a synching capability somewhere in its menu), as I don't trust Google or any other online reminder service out there not to spy on me for marketing purposes. It does everything I want to do - i.e. sets reminders and sounds alarms and opens popups at the appointed date and time, snoozes etc. I don't know what else anybody would want from a reminder system, but that might not mean much.