Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2004, 7:32 pm

who else is bugged by computer mice?

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2004, 10:13 pm

only when the stupid track ball gets gummed up and won't track, or in my case... my optical mouse when it starts to drift around on the screen when I'm not touching it, or when I'm trying to use adobe preimer and and it won't track properly.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Jul 2004, 11:03 pm

Trackpad here.

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2004, 3:01 am

I don't have a problem, but my cat does - she's attacked and destroyed the cord to at least 2 mice....

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2004, 11:27 pm

I hate balled mouse now, If given the option I just navigate with shorcuts. only think your really can't do without a mouse is play games.

I got one of those high-end Logitech wireless setups now. only think I have to worry about now is keeping it clean. (where I touch it)

gavrod
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2004, 3:44 am

I've got a Logitech cordless mouse as well. The balled mice were a pain in the neck to keep clean! You've just got to keep the optical part of the Logitech mouse clean and you won't have any problem.

mjtvt
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2004, 9:09 am

I've got a logitech trackball here....I love it, but it can be quirky at times. The sensing mechanism that detects movement is optical. I have a habbit of popping the trackball out of the casing and the optical pickup goes crazy and my cursor jets off to the upper left corner of the screen. It isn't that annoying to me anymore. I did have an optical mouse that I used to pick up slightly at an angle when bored and because of the wood grain on my desk it did the same thing.

How did the inventor come up with something like the mouse? Just the design of the two or one button mouse with a cord coming out the top...why call it a mouse at all?

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2004, 4:05 pm

mjtvt wrote:
How did the inventor come up with something like the mouse? Just the design of the two or one button mouse with a cord coming out the top...why call it a mouse at all?

The guy was looking into new ways of computer interaction. It was called a mouse because it had a "tail", and the cord came out of the bottom.

a google search for "inventor of mouse" most likely will get any info if your interested.

mjtvt
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2004, 4:09 pm

Yeah...I knew the cord originally came out of the bottom...ZDTV/TechTV/G4TechTV has run an episode a few times that has an interview with the guy that designed the first wooden mouse....sure has come a long way since then...