Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2020, 1:13 pm

Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft?

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 10:43 pm

Latest Nintendo console with a decent gaming PC will give the largest game library. PlayStation is good for sony exclusives like Bloodborne and Xbox is good for Halo. However, with Halo Infinite and The Master Chief Collection coming to PC, I'd argue there is no reason to get an Xbox.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 10:56 pm

Sony for all the latest Final Fantasy releases, also The Last of Us. Never really interested in Nintendo games which seem to be mostly aimed at kids. Nothing interests me on Xbox either since I don't care about Halo whatsoever. I do like Xbox controllers though and got one for my PC. I will get the new PS5 whenever a Final Fantasy exclusive is released to it.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 11:12 pm

Gaming PC (so Microsoft windows with xbox controller) and maybe Sony(God of War). Xbox console is irrelevant with Halos introduction to PC.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 6:00 pm

I'm going to say nintendo. I might have said sony, but just about everything you can play on ps4/5 you can play on a good gaming pc.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2020, 7:44 pm

Sony by far, it has like all my favorite games. PC can also be great, but wasn't one of the options. Nintendo I haven't played for a while. Switch does look fun, but not sure if it's worth the money. I played a lot of Nintendo as a kid, but less as an adult.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 6:32 am

I think the Switch is worth it for Breath if the Wild alone. Mario Odyssey is also a very very good game. Also the Switch itself is much more convenient for me than a console that needs to be plugged in to power and the TV all the time. I own about 30 games for it now, mostly indies or first-party titles but a few major third-party titles like The Outer Wilds.

Before the Switch I would have had to say the Wii was my favourite ever console, and I’ve only ever owned Nintendo handhelds, so yeah, safe to say I’m a Nintendo guy. Shame about how they’ve treated Pokemon lately but Mario and Zelda are doing really well.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2020, 4:55 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I think the Switch is worth it for Breath if the Wild alone. Mario Odyssey is also a very very good game. Also the Switch itself is much more convenient for me than a console that needs to be plugged in to power and the TV all the time. I own about 30 games for it now, mostly indies or first-party titles but a few major third-party titles like The Outer Wilds.

Before the Switch I would have had to say the Wii was my favourite ever console, and I’ve only ever owned Nintendo handhelds, so yeah, safe to say I’m a Nintendo guy. Shame about how they’ve treated Pokemon lately but Mario and Zelda are doing really well.

Mario Odyssey does look like a lot of fun. I liked the look of the game Bayonetta 2. I never did get into the new Zelda games. I know people love them and everything. I played some of Ocarina of Time but it wasn't new anymore and some of the effect was gone. It was still pretty fun but I was more into traditional RPGs. I loved SNES, GBA, and N64 as a kid, those were fun times. I enjoyed Pokemon Silver for Game Boy Color when I was a kid, but didn't play any of the others. I also got the mini SNES they released last year. I was slow to get into Pokemon because my first introduction to it was the card game, and I was a big M:TG fan for years and it just seemed to pale in comparison...yet it was so popular at my school etc., I didn't quite get it.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Sep 2020, 7:57 am

eyelessshiver wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Mario Odyssey does look like a lot of fun. I liked the look of the game Bayonetta 2. I never did get into the new Zelda games. I know people love them and everything. I played some of Ocarina of Time but it wasn't new anymore and some of the effect was gone. It was still pretty fun but I was more into traditional RPGs. I loved SNES, GBA, and N64 as a kid, those were fun times. I enjoyed Pokemon Silver for Game Boy Color when I was a kid, but didn't play any of the others. I also got the mini SNES they released last year. I was slow to get into Pokemon because my first introduction to it was the card game, and I was a big M:TG fan for years and it just seemed to pale in comparison...yet it was so popular at my school etc., I didn't quite get it.

I have similar but different experiences.

On Zelda - I’d played but had limited success with several previous titles, and so I was reluctant to buy this one (it was behind Odyssey, Mario Kart, and Mario Maker) but when I did eventually get around to it... it was totally worthwhile.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 3:47 pm

None of them. I play PC games and use Steam to track all of my time played and virtual 'achievements'. I use a gaming laptop. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 3:49 pm

:nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

xX0Xx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2020, 6:55 pm

I like Xbox for the Bethesda games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3.

I used to be more a Sony fan, but the only games they have that interest me now are the Yakuza games, which have come to the Xbox One anyways.

I also enjoy the game Fable 2.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 6:57 pm

Only have one game, but I only need one game. :)

xX0Xx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2020, 6:58 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Only have one game, but I only need one game. :)

If I can ever fork up the $300 for a new Xbox One I may just stick with two games (Oblivion and Fallout 3). :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:00 am

I've always loved Nintendo, but honestly, I barely touch the Switch. It's mostly PC and WiiU ports, and I already have a PC and a WiiU.
Mario Odyssey and the new Hyrule Warriors game are pretty good, though.
Animal Crossing had me hooked for a little while, but Idunno, something about it just isn't grabbing me like the old ones did.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:03 am

Nintendo. My entire profile is evidence that I like at least certain Nintendo games a lot, especially LoZ. lol