Michael Moore Predicts Trump Victory 2020

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 12:37 am

The pièce de résistance will be Trump twerking at his inauguration after laughing at the democrats, to quote "Hall and Oates" I shall ensure to close my eyes....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 9:53 am

Trump is not doing so well in the "swing states"....

Watch out for Florida. If Trump loses Florida, he just about loses the election.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 3:30 pm

Democrats appear to coddle rioters.

Trump wants to arrest them.

Be the hero of your life.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 7:15 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

I'm siding with the 'rioters' then. I'm tired of living under an oppressive system that ignores the fact that our racist cops are murdering black people and getting away with it.

So go rioters! Burn down the establishment! :evil:

From the ashes up let us rebuild this country as The People's Republic of America! :salut:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 7:51 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Then Trump should be trying to solve the problems that spawned the riots: heavy handed, racist police going after and killing blacks often for minor or even non-existent offenses, as well as the complacency or even collaboration by the conservative political and social establishment who are nothing more than a rubber stamp for the police.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 8:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Then Trump should be trying to solve the problems that spawned the riots: heavy handed, racist police going after and killing blacks often for minor or even non-existent offenses, as well as the complacency or even collaboration by the conservative political and social establishment who are nothing more than a rubber stamp for the police.

Would these be the state\local police, over whom he has no actual authority or control, as that authority\control is vested with the states concerned?

Out of curiosity, is there a breakdown of this "racist" police\police actions and how it correlates with the party in charge of that states's government (Republican or Democrat)? Maybe which party had control of the state government (and hence the responsibility for the police involved) for any "racist" police actions in the past year?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 12:11 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Would these be the state\local police, over whom he has no actual authority or control, as that authority\control is vested with the states concerned?

Out of curiosity, is there a breakdown of this "racist" police\police actions and how it correlates with the party in charge of that states's government (Republican or Democrat)? Maybe which party had control of the state government (and hence the responsibility for the police involved) for any "racist" police actions in the past year?

As plenty of police wortship Trump, this is a case where the problem could begin to be solved if objections to racist actions by cops came down from the top.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 1:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

As plenty of police wortship Trump, this is a case where the problem could begin to be solved if objections to racist actions by cops came down from the top.

Seems like an attempt to take the blame from where it belongs and place it on someone who has no part in the cause of the underlying issue...Which would be like blaming a country's head of state for problems caused by state governors in relation to public health related issues.

After all, if it was related to Mr Trump, then why aren't there continual reports of these problems daily from all over the country, rather than random individual, isolated incidents?

It seems much more plausible that the officers have been taking guidance from their state governments, who actually have control over policing within their states, rather than a president who only overseas the federal law enforcement and who has no power over state law enforcement.

As I understand it, the United States form of federalism has public health and criminal laws which are controlled through the states, rather than the federal government, so I don't see how individual issues in these areas at a state level can legitiately have blame placed on the president who legally has no power over these areas - Any chance you could enlighten me as to how a person with no legal power or legal authority over a given area of government policy (state law enforcement and public health) should be held in any way responsible for failures of others in those areas?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 7:12 am

There are cops out there who profile "minorities."

Rarely does "white/ privilege" manifest itself in my life. However, when I take a walk at 4 AM in upscale neighborhoods in Queens, I would probably be left alone; whereas, were I a black or Hispanic person, I would probably be stopped and asked for ID. And I might get treated roughly during this "stop and potentially frisk" sort of situation.

By the way, the "upscale neighborhood" where I walk is predominately Asian, rather than white.