Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

timf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 1:52 pm

I was wondering how many people would welcome parental assistance with their dating. In past ages arranged marriages were not uncommon. I do not mean this level of intrusion. However, how open would people be to having their parents screen candidates.

For example, my daughter is 20 and a Christian and politically conservative. As a father my primary objective would be to find someone in their mid to late 20s who was kind and affectionate and would work hard to provide for his family.

I realize that having to go through a father as "gate keeper" might be too high a hurdle for some so I am interested if anyone might see such an arrangement as tolerable or even preferable.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 5:23 pm

timf wrote:
I am interested if anyone might see such an arrangement as tolerable or even preferable.

How does your daughter feel about it?

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2020, 11:25 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
timf wrote:
I am interested if anyone might see such an arrangement as tolerable or even preferable.

How does your daughter feel about it?

^^^^^^
THIS

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:50 pm

You can suggest people to your son/daughter, but in the end THEY have the last word.