What to do when a colouring pen runs out?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

I'm into drawing and colouring right now, and I bought a large pack of felt tip pens to colour in my drawings. But my drawings require a lot of black, and now the black felt tip pen is starting to run out and it's the only black felt tip I have.

Rather than buying a whole new pack of felt tip pens just for one colour, is there a way to buy individual pens, like in any shops? (I don't do online shopping, I prefer to go out to the shops). I was going to go out to the town tomorrow and go into an arts and crafts shop but I don't want to go in there and find that they don't do individual felt tips and then be disappointed, so I thought I'd ask here first (Google is no help as usual).

Oh, and the pens I have aren't refillable.

I want my creative work to be perfect, so I'm stressing out about the black marker running out. :lol:

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 5:42 pm

Maybe? It's going to depend on what brand you bought. If it's something's common like sharpee, absolutely. I'm not in the U.K., so I have no idea what's kinds of shops you all have there, but your best bet is to call around to a few places. If you can find an actual art/paint supply store you might have better luck with less common brands.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 6:11 pm

I'm not too fussed about the brand, as long as it colours black and is a colouring pen (not a writing pen of course). Black is an easy colour because there is only one black. It's when the other colours run out....
But according to your reply there is such a thing as buying an individual felt tip, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to find individual felt tips in art-types of stores even if I am in the UK, as surely I'm not the only artist that runs into this problem. :lol: So I will have a look with higher hopes tomorrow.

Thanks for replying, it's helped me. :)

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 6:20 pm

Oh yeah. I buy Sharpees all the time like that. A grocery store I frequent has a decent selection of single pens to choose from. And if you aren't brand specific, you shouldn't have trouble locating one at all.

Happy drawing :D