Getting really tired of this.

Page 12 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope your area doesn’t get the blizzard they’re anticipating.

Winter has for sure came to colorado, so lol a little worried the white walkers(from game of thrones) might come out. Looks like the proper conditions, for them.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 8:42 pm

Luckily I'm 50% Norwegian & thus I drive a Volvo. It's buried for now though. Just shoveled through about 25" in my driveway.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

14 Mar 2021, 11:55 pm

cberg wrote:
Quote:
I cannot function without logic and knowledge of the human relations, on the other hand the only coding I care about is chatterbot code. Html is way too much to learn, I haven't even finished the beginner courses.

Many people on the spectrum actually have jobs that involve coding. But about the logic side, you're probably right seeing as most people don't apply it to a high enough level seeing as they are rooted in religious beliefs and not reality and proof.

Designs, there's a lot of creative people here.

Perhaps hiding from the masses isn't that useful in building relationships, but I am here and you're doing it knowingly, so.

Of course I wouldn't call bumping this thread exactly hiding.

Why are you not as social as you used to be, currently?

You seem to be completely lacking motivation to do job stuff and curriculum vitae stuff on a long-term basis, reminds me closely of yours truly. Even though you pack some useful skills for today's world. I don't want to sell meds anymore. Casheering is really not an autism friendly job.

Actually I'm working at the same place again tomorrow, even if it is just part-time. At least there may be a hackathon involving a project I finished my internship with.

I guess I've been been more withdrawn from people than usual considering how much we're encouraged to second-guess based on our differences. Most other threads here lately have been meh...

I have no idea why I'm awake right now; cya later

That sounds promising of an activity for you.

I know why Im awake rn, I don't easily fall back asleep. I woke up too early. But your thread calms me. Feels real and serious.

You dislike generalizing based on statistics, for one. Not a bad point. A better strategy that was suggested to us is learning how to communicate with each person, as though adapting. This was confirmed partly by something my psych said, such as each person reacts differently, and theory may be useless, what psychological advice may say isn't going to work for everyone. Which makes sense. Some people might react bad and some things will make people worse that may be treating others.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 12:35 am

I can always seem to adapt technologically but I guess I tend to run out of social energy when my work comes up. My quarantine funemployment break was a good while but I'd be lying if I said it was enough time to put my head back together.

WP folks always help but I apologize if my shyness sometimes gets in the way of a really solid conversation. :oops:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 9:29 pm

Argh, my gig fell through when the paperwork took longer than the whole job, until the next one anyway.

I don't do paperwork for a living & it's extremely nerve wracking in my book. The tough part is that I'm living in a society that more or less believes I have nothing to offer anybody if I'm not working.

It's exasperating never knowing whether anyone would rather I kept up with them or just buggered off. As a result I generally go with the latter option.

Not that it's who I actually want to be IRL, but ultimately I'm not sure who's ghosting who these days. I'm reserved enough to be nearly invisible in the middle of a room.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 1:22 pm

Um... where is everybody? Can I stay & flirt on WP instead of continuing my internal revenue service wild goose chase today?

Does anyone posses a magical database of Microsoft paystubs we can discuss over imaginary coffee?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

19 Mar 2021, 6:29 pm

cberg wrote:
Um... where is everybody?
In your pants
Quote:
Can I stay & flirt on WP instead of continuing my internal revenue service wild goose chase today?

Does anyone posses a magical database of Microsoft paystubs we can discuss over imaginary coffee?

Flirting is probably suggested as being part of your daily activities, it will improve your all-around wellness.

Nope, otherwise I would show them off. You?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 6:34 pm

cberg wrote:
I can always seem to adapt technologically but I guess I tend to run out of social energy when my work comes up. My quarantine funemployment break was a good while but I'd be lying if I said it was enough time to put my head back together.

WP folks always help but I apologize if my shyness sometimes gets in the way of a really solid conversation. :oops:

It's the opposite of shyness in your case, I would guess.

I believe you, besides funemployment is never enough.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 4:46 am

I guess that's the trouble with being an information sponge.

Nine times out of ten this is why I don't say anything to most people, they're either uninterested in or uncomfortable with the details.

I found my pay slip eventually through. Wow is it ever weird when talking to emotionless government hive minds is less confusing than the human condition? 8O

More on this nonsense later. :tired:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 11:13 am

I'm kind of doubtful that I'd want anything to do with relationships as people define them these days anyway. The way people talk about this stuff like I'm not even in the room is not only a turn off, it's legitimately concerning.

Do I ultimately trust anybody in a culture that's decided it is somehow OK to judge your friends' sexual worth on cell phone pictures & rankings?

f**k this I'm out.

Most of the people who ever got close to me were probably lying to me about whatever the whole time anyway.

As a dude, I'm feeling used.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 2:26 pm

The only solution is communication but my last post just explained how it went out of style.

I'm no longer convinced all social problems of ours are on the shoulders of people with ASD. We're not the only ones in the scenario.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 1:05 am

Mods plz delete

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 3:36 am

Are you asking the mods to delete the thread or that dude's post?

*carries on anyway*

cberg wrote:
I'm kind of doubtful that I'd want anything to do with relationships as people define them these days anyway. The way people talk about this stuff like I'm not even in the room is not only a turn off, it's legitimately concerning.

Do I ultimately trust anybody in a culture that's decided it is somehow OK to judge your friends' sexual worth on cell phone pictures & rankings?

f**k this I'm out.

Most of the people who ever got close to me were probably lying to me about whatever the whole time anyway.

As a dude, I'm feeling used.

You're not alone in this feeling. People and thus relationship have become very superficial in my eyes and a seeming lack of awareness and empathy really robs one of the desire to try to put themselves out there to form a bond.

Some of these people I believe are legitimately crappy and not anyone I want anything to do with. However I'm sure there are those that have only gotten caught within the culture and are acting in accordance but would prefer something more, or at least would be open to it. Finding them is the hard part especially for us because "reading" others is definitely not our forte.

So, do we choose to not engage at all or do we go in knowing we're going take quite a few hits to maybe find someone? Is it worth it?

As for people who have gotten close to you...I suspect you already know it's not likely as simple as them all lying about whatever
cberg wrote:
I'm no longer convinced all social problems of ours are on the shoulders of people with ASD. We're not the only ones in the scenario.

Hurray for you breaking out of the BS society teaches us! It's ableism to think it all rests on us.

We have a responsibility to do what we can to bridge the gap but the other side does as well. Some just won't do this, or won't unless they see benefit/enjoyment for themselves. They don't want to "work" or "understand", they just want to have a good time. So yeah these are not people that are good for us to try to make a bond with. And to expect anything from them including basic decency is no better than trying to fill a hairnet with water sometimes.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 12:56 am

I guess I was writing about more of an impulse than any particular reality. I know someone who got caught up in the hype as you said, I'd be lying if I said anyone else on Earth really knows me at the level she does but what does that mean to anybody these days?

I still don't tend to think she's ever really honest with me. Too many options & I'm just some old-school geeky weirdo.

Still nothing really refutes that I'm the one who's too screwed up here. I'm at this point where nearly-constant agoraphobia seems like a preferable alternative to putting up with a trend of discrimination strong enough to set my watch to.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:59 am

In other words there's no way people aren't going to wake up from this nonsense, it's blatantly unsustainable to ignore everyone's emotions where they don't fit a social media narrative or a Hollywood trope.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 2:20 pm

Sounds like she doesn't really communicate, not very good but at the same time is it any nice, can you live with the rest comfortably, harmonically?