Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2020, 10:31 pm

If Dyslexia have normal intelligence then how can I have a very very hard time understanding things? I know Asperger people are normal too. I can feel very stupid alot of the time.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 4:15 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
If Dyslexia have normal intelligence then how can I have a very very hard time understanding things? I know Asperger people are normal too. I can feel very stupid alot of the time.

I have Superior to genius level intelligence and i can have an extremely hard time understanding some simple things as well. I'm sure some normal people experience things like this too. I'm not exactly sure why it happens. To use a word my dad likes to use I have a tendancy to get Stuck on those things. And to be honest. I can get really stuck when I don't understand anything. Like, I just have to understand it. It's just a part of who i am

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 3:54 am

Dyslexia have sometimes also a positive side when you only hear what you want te hear :mrgreen:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 5:53 pm

It's called skill scatter. Skill scatter feels like being both smart and stupid depending on the particular situation.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:22 am

Not everyone has the same severity of dyslexia and some people have two or three other diagnoses and learn under different conditions. There’s people with dyslexia who are doctors.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 7:28 am

"Reading is thinking with someone else's head. . . . Arthur Schopenauer"

Reading is broadly thinking with someone else's head, the moment you read someone else's words you actually no longer think 'yourself'.
Every disadvantage also has its advantage, so that an advantage can be a disadvantage or a disadvantage can be an advantage. Therefore I can say that dyslexia is something that makes you think less with someone else's head. The fact that I sometimes think I'm reading things that the writer didn't wrote makes the dyslexic less prey to other people's heads while reading. Okay, you can also say that a dyslexic is prey to his own head while reading. However, I prefer to choose (*) the last to thinking with someone else's head while reading.

(*) I have nothing to choose :?