Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2020, 2:06 am

As a introvert, there are some extroverts I just can't take. I know they mean well but it's like "Ok STHU already". Maybe deep down there is a tiny shred of jealousy , as my social skills are pretty mediocre to poor at times. However, I am in no way envious, as trying to keep relations with too many people is just so tiring and doesn't even interest me.

I'm very loyal to people I like but it takes me a long, long, time for me to open. With age, I've gotten worse about it. I consider myself a bit of a jaded person when it comes to trying to make friends or have any kind of meaningful relationship with anyone anymore. This sounds bad but for me, I consider most people as*holes unless they prove me otherwise.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 6:21 am

YES

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 6:26 am

Depends.

If it doesn't annoy me, I'd either tune up with them OR make them take the lead.

If it does annoy me, I'd either ditch them OR destroy their social momentum.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 7:03 am

i have met both good and ungood extroverts.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 7:33 am

Yes.

Especially during the virus.

I don't care about your 'need' for irl human contact. Mum needs to survive more.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 7:49 am

I like most extroverts as they do most the work in social interactions which makes it easier sometimes

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 8:19 am

aquafelix wrote:
I like most extroverts as they do most the work in social interactions which makes it easier sometimes

I was thinking something similar. I don't socialize much, but I appreciate extroverts when I do. They seem to know how to carry a conversation and I don't.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 8:31 am

Of course they do, very much so but I honestly don't think that they set out to do that.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 8:41 am

I don't mind them. As long as they don't try to force me into being part of what they are doing! A few can be like that. Most are just enjoying themselves as they please which is fine by me and I like it that they are enjoying life like they do.
The problems arise when they assume that I should be like they are and they start arranging my life for me around their activities. I know they are trying to be kind to me by including me which I am greatful for their kind efforts, but to try to live by their standards would be impossible for me to achieve. I mean... I could probably do it for a day or so or even a week when I was more energetic... But I could not keep it up. I need my "Me" time to recover.
I am one who enjoys both alone times and times with just one close friend rather then being amongst crowds. Oh... Crowded places.... I avoid crowded places! I panic in crowds. Is not that I have not done crowds. Is more that if I can, I will avoid crowded places.
Partys I avoid, as that can be the double whammy of crowds AND extroverts trying to get me involved in things they enjoy doing!

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2020, 11:21 am

I can see the logic in, having someone navigate and do the talking, that has helped me. If they talk too much or don't get to the point, it can be annoying.

Crowds are a No-No for me. Grocery stores during peak hours, amusement parks, Malls, tourist attractions, and stuff like that. Trying to keep up with an extrovert or being drug into something that requires energy on there level is impossible for me.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 1:19 pm

Kind of always associated male loud mouths to bullies so im always wary.

Extrovert females ok

- George Bernie Shaw

Skald
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Sep 2020, 1:23 pm

Not really. Most of my friends are extroverts, especially the type of extrovert that are a bit oblivious to social cues and talk your ear off. I don't mind that, I zone out if I don't want to listen anymore lol. I always talk for a long time when it's my turn to talk in a conversation so I can be equally annoying with them and it doesn't matter.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2020, 2:31 pm

my AS wife sometimes can talk for hours which really messes up my focus at times.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

No great problem with them as such, if this is the kind of thing you mean:
"......the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself. Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. Extraverts are energized and thrive off being around other people. They take pleasure in activities that involve large social gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. They also tend to work well in groups. An extraverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. They tend to be energized when around other people, and they are more prone to boredom when they are by themselves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extravers ... traversion

To annoy me, somebody like that would also have to inconsiderately talk loudly around me or behave as if they felt their ways were superior to mine. Otherwise I don't see how they would be a problem.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 3:29 pm

Kind of. I remember there was this girl at high school who was an extrovert and got so popular among both girls and boys that she kind of got absorbed into it and started to look down upon quiet, awkward girls like me. She wasn't a nasty person but she was just so popular, not only was she popular but she was also very pretty, got good grades, and was good at sports too. So it was kind of a win-win for her.

And there was me; dumb, awkward, unpopular, weird, got low grades, was crap at sports, and looked unkempt a lot of the time because I was behind on the appearance obsession that most girls develop by the time they start high school.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 12:54 am

Hmm.....I should probably have added that I do get a little annoyed if the person next to me starts doing all the "right" social moves when we're both with a third party - like asking how their kids are and displaying enthusiasm over the things the third party is interested in, and I'm just standing there not knowing what to say or not feeling it quite sincere to say it. "You bastard," I think. I have to admit it's not among my finest qualities to think like that, but I suppose a bit of animosity down to envy is natural enough, and maybe it's better than trying to pretend to myself that it's not there, and maybe I can claim a little bit more justification over the sincerity thing.

I might be getting extraverts confused with people who are more socially "successful" than I am, though given that people usually perform better at the things that interest them, there's probably quite an overlap.