Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 2:39 am

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Bullcrap.

I’m probably more attractive in all ways at almost 60 than when I was 24 with a neckbeard.

Well I just read up that your face looks it’s most attractive between ages 14-25. Not saying it’s true that’s just what I researched.

"Attraction" isn't all about a pretty face.
I believe that is axiomatic. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 2:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve done my own research. It’s called living life. And I’ve concluded that men often are seen as quite attractive when they have a little grey in their hair.

Ahh, yes, "The silver fox".

Quote:
Science of the silver fox: how men are most attractive at 50

Isaac Asimov once advised that to be successful in dating: “Grow bolder with the years: advance, advance. Be a dirty old man and be proud of it.” Now his dirty old man strategy, perhaps surprisingly, has scientific support.

A study has shown that men continue to increase in attractiveness until the age of 50. Their silver fox years are also their best years. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scie ... -wgqhwxtp3

Last edited by Pepe on 10 Sep 2020, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 4:00 am

I know women who are much sexier at 60 than at 25.

Nonsense.....bosh.......bull crap!! !! to those purported “studies”! !! !! !!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 4:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know women who are much sexier at 60 than at 25.

Nonsense.....bosh.......bull crap!! ! ! to those purported “studies”! ! ! ! ! ! !

I didn't say I agree with it, did I? :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:20 am

I’m talking about the studies...not you :)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 5:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
when i was 24 i was getting more opportunities to have sex compared to now aged nearly 31?
does your love life tend to get worse as you get to your late 20s/early 30s?

I think biologically the peak of attractiveness is between ages 14-25.
I couldn't disagree more with you. My young years were horrible. I had many "opportunities", in a sense that most women around me were single, but none of them liked me. I was too ugly for them. My love life and ability to attract women improved by leaps and bounds once I hit my late 20's. Reason being I aged into my looks. I actually started to pass for an attractive man, after living my entire post-puberty life as an ugly piece of garbage. Now, my body was mostly fine, although a little bit chunky; it was my face that was ugly.

If anything, my biological peak of ugliness was between ages 14 to 25. After that, my looks started to improve. I guess my slightly-older face is better than my totally-young face was. It just took me until age 28 to realize that I actually look better, and not be surprised by a woman showing interest in me.

guess i must be getting uglier with age then because i am getting fewer chances these days

after age 24 i took up boxing maybe that might explain why i have gone downhill?

It might have absolutely nothing to do with you at all. If you start talking marriage, you might have better luck being that you are past 30 now. Are you in a position to marry? Also, when you were younger, were the women as young as you? If they were, maybe they were okay with just a romp because they were still young and had their whole life ahead of them. Your current peers (30 and older) want to get married. The younger women see you as old especially if you are lumped up from boxing - like an old lion - full of battle scars. Sexually, young women see men going downhill at 30 and may suspect that you are already married and just out for a sexual diversion. Jamesy, you're better off getting married - look for a bride - a decent, loving woman. Women who hit 30 and aren't married start to feel panicky thinking that they will be alone forever. They may not be as opportunistic as the younger ones and much more understanding. It might be time to hang up your gigolo suit. Brehus made a strong point too about fidelity.

what do you mean lumped up from boxing?

I meant do you have permanent facial injuries from boxing? This can make you look older still.

I have got a broken/bent nose with a bump on the bridge from boxing.

I think that’s the only facial injury I have

That's the "signature" of the boxer.

Yeah not attractive I know

But that's superficial - what about love?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 5:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m talking about the studies...not you :)

Where's the pic with the neck beard? Please. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 10:54 pm

I lost it.

I was wearing tinted glasses back then, too. This was 1985.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2020, 12:01 am

My total "body count" has more than doubled in the past two years. Having sex with two or three different people in one weekend isn't super uncommon for me. I was 34 this march, but I feel like I'm akin to a fine wine, only getting more desirable with age.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 12:19 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
My total "body count" has more than doubled in the past two years. Having sex with two or three different people in one weekend isn't super uncommon for me. I was 34 this march, but I feel like I'm akin to a fine wine, only getting more desirable with age.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 1:38 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:

Are you feeling ok? Any weird symptoms?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 4:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 10:48 am

I hold far more bargaining power in regards to dating at age 31 than I did in my early 20's. Getting a date is very easy. Making it last? Not so.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2020, 11:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:

I don't think so. I've never tested positive for any STI and I get tested pretty frequently.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 11:22 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:

I don't think so. I've never tested positive for any STI and I get tested pretty frequently.

No, I think he was referring to your avatar. :mrgreen:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2020, 9:30 am

Kurgan wrote:
I hold far more bargaining power in regards to dating at age 31 than I did in my early 20's. Getting a date is very easy. Making it last? Not so.
This is both true and interesting. I used to have literally no bargaining power at all, when it came to who I dated; I just dated the first willing girl. My first girlfriend was someone I wasn't attracted to at all, found her boring, and did 90% of the work in the relationship. This is understandable: I was ugly as hell and didn't have a car, so who was I to insist on having a choice. That same girlfriend insisted on me taking a 45-minute bus ride to the college's satellite campus where she was, in order to go out, rather than coming to meet me or meeting halfway. My next relationships were better; I asserted myself more with the girls, although I still dated whoever said yes. I didn't start truly vetoing the women showing interest in me until I was 28, when my looks improved, and I felt like I actually had a choice in who I dated.

The other part is finding vs. keeping. Early on, I truly believed that I could be a really great boyfriend; in fact, the best boyfriend a girl ever had. I knew enough about the serious, committed part from TV and real-life observations, both what to do and what not to do, to sustain it in my own relationships. It's the early, looks-driven, noncommittal, "hitting it off" part that was problematic for me; it required more social skills. So I went for girls who were desperate to get into serious relationships right away, hoping to fast-forward the early part as quickly as possible. Things never panned out that way, although they usually went as far as kissing, and occasionally even sex.

Around age 30, I realized that I'm not as good a boyfriend as I thought, and the only reason I wanted to get serious so quickly is because I lacked the social skills and the looks to sustain the early part of a relationship. In fact, I now go out of my way to avoid serious relationships with women, preferring to keep thing strictly platonic (low-level flirting is OK).