Love life once you get to your late 20s/early 30s

Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2020, 11:14 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
In fact, I now go out of my way to avoid serious relationships with women, preferring to keep thing strictly platonic (low-level flirting is OK).

Nothing wrong with platonic friendships.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I lost it.

I was wearing tinted glasses back then, too. This was 1985.

Don't say things if you can't produce a picture. All that waiting for NUTTIN'! !! You teased all of us. Okay kraftie....

Dog1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2020, 3:14 am

Jamesy wrote:
can my lack of a sex life only get worse the older i become?

Science states that men in their 20s AND 30s can easily get beautiful young women to date them.

39 is stated to be the age where this starts to decrease.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 3:28 am

Dog1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Science states that men in their 20s AND 30s can easily get beautiful young women to date them.

That is a harsh generalisation.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 3:34 am

Dog1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Citation? Or are you just pulling this crap out of your arse?

Are you really so stupid as to believe that ALL men in their 20s and 30s can easily get beautiful young women to date them?

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard all day

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 5:46 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Dog1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Are you really so stupid as to believe that ALL men in their 20s and 30s can easily get beautiful young women to date them?

You tell him, big boy. :mrgreen:

Hang on,
I think I hear the footsteps of mods. EEP! 8O
Hide! :mrgreen:

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 5:50 am

Pepe wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Dog1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

You tell him, big boy. :mrgreen:

Hang on,
I think I hear the footsteps of mods. EEP! 8O
Hide! :mrgreen:

The mods would probably agree with me

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:13 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Bullcrap.

I’m probably more attractive in all ways at almost 60 than when I was 24 with a neckbeard.

You had a neckbeard!! Post a photo. Please.

I imagine kraftie looked something like this

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 5:45 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Bullcrap.

I’m probably more attractive in all ways at almost 60 than when I was 24 with a neckbeard.

You had a neckbeard!! Post a photo. Please.

I imagine kraftie looked something like this

Mr. T!

Wrestlers tend to become really good actors in Hollywood.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 1:37 am

i get annoyed or irritated, enraged a lot, when people call it a skillset or learnable skill

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 8:21 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i get annoyed or irritated, enraged a lot, when people call it a skillset or learnable skill

Why? Do you believe it's 100% innate, and that there are no possible workarounds for people who lack certain innate traits?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 8:29 am

I’ve developed many “workarounds.”

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 9:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I haven't. :cry:

You either take me as I am or don't take me at all.

Anyone?
Anyone at all? 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 9:27 am

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I haven't. :cry:

You either take me as I am or don't take me at all.

Anyone?
Anyone at all? 8O

In Arabia they cook that, grilled or roasted crickets.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 11:56 pm

In terms of looks with age, this is how it went for me.

My early twenties were my "ugly" stage. I was 5 ft 2, only weighed about 95-100 pounds, and I had crap social skills because of autism. I remember when I was 20 years old, I posted a picture of myself on the rateme sub-reddit and nobody even rated me but I did indeed get several comments. One commenter said "Get stronger/ out of 10". Another guy was giving me advice on how to dress better, how to get a better haircut, and how to put on weight. Another guy told me that I had the body of a 14 year old and I need to get a gym membership. Long story short, I didn't look very good and not too surprisingly, I never got anywhere on Tinder.

Then I moved into the college dorms at the age of 21, this time around 95 pounds, and not too surprisingly the girls never gave me the time of day there either. I remember one time I was sitting in the cafeteria and I went to a guy for dating advice. He said that he was going to be completely honest with me, and the reason why girls were rejecting me was because I was too small and skinny, and that I needed to eat more and start going to the gym frequently. So that's what I did. I bulked up to 103 pounds at 22, 105 pounds at 23, 110 pounds at 24, and now i'm hovering around 111 or 112 at the age of 26.

I'm still terrible with women though, although that's probably because of my 5 ft 2 height and autism, which unfortunately I can't do anything about.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 9:29 am

Muse933277 wrote:
My early twenties were my "ugly" stage. I was 5 ft 2, only weighed about 95-100 pounds, and I had crap social skills because of autism. I remember when I was 20 years old, I posted a picture of myself on the rateme sub-reddit and nobody even rated me but I did indeed get several comments. One commenter said "Get stronger/ out of 10". Another guy was giving me advice on how to dress better, how to get a better haircut, and how to put on weight. Another guy told me that I had the body of a 14 year old and I need to get a gym membership. Long story short, I didn't look very good and not too surprisingly, I never got anywhere on Tinder.
My problem in my early 20's wasn't by body/size, but my face. It was hideous-looking, every part of it! One waitress even said to her colleague that I had "creepy eyes" (and I overheard it), gave me deliberately slow service, and my food came messy-looking; I got a slight vindication by tipping her 10 cents. (While today, at age 37, in the midst of a scamdemic, the service I get is always top-notch, and I tip waitstaff as much as 33% of the bill, to show gratitude for their risky front-line work.) No girl wanted anything to do with me, which is understandable: nobody likes an ugly guy.

Being at my wit's end, at age 21, I went in for a plastic surgery consultation, hoping to make my face look better. The surgeon took a picture of me, and loaded it into his computer. While the computer simulation of my new face was sexy-looking, the good part ended there. The surgery would cost at least $10,000, plus 6 weeks of aftercare and its associated costs, neither of which I could afford. The surgeon must have seen how upset I looked, because he took pity on me and waived the $50 consultation fee he was gonna charge me.

It worked out somewhat well later on. I aged into my looks at 26 years or so. (That is, my face aged to match the looks I already had.) I knew because women started being more receptive to my approaches. One even kissed me on a first date. The ultimate change happened at 29, when I went on a cruise, and got overwhelmingly positive reactions from the women I met. I didn't have sex with them, obviously, but they seemed happy to dance with me, rather than having the "ew! get away!" reaction I got from women 10 years prior.

Not only that, today I can afford the $10,000 and the PTO needed for the aftercare. (If not, my fee probably wouldn't get waived, since my stupid mask would hide my upset look.) I work a lucrative government job that pays very well for the role I do, and has bragging rights to match. (Its drawback is that I'm conservative, while my employer is liberal.) And today, I look pretty damn handsome! Still, I feel kind of cheated for being ugly while young. And at times, I wonder how my life would have turned out differently if I actually got that plastic surgery.