Page 6 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Sep 2021, 4:19 pm

I read something recently about the anesthetic Ketamine being approved for depression. I've heard a bit about Ketamine being investigated for depression years ago but I quit hearing about it after a while & kinda forgot about it. It is FDA approved now for depression as a nasal spray that you have to get at a doc's office. Ketamine is also sometimes used for depression in it's IV form but but the latter form is an off-label treatment for depression. I'll link the WebMd page I read about it :arrow:
https://www.webmd.com/depression/featur ... your-brain

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 12:49 am

special K [as it is known on the street] also is a party drug and can be abused. a person taking the drug should be avoiding party scenes. from what i have seen [interacting with patients in the hospital who were dosed pre-operatively with the drug, were somewhat randy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Sep 2021, 3:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
special K [as it is known on the street] also is a party drug and can be abused. a person taking the drug should be avoiding party scenes. from what i have seen [interacting with patients in the hospital who were dosed pre-operatively with the drug, were somewhat randy.
I don't think a high percent of us Aspies are into the party scene but it is very good to be aware of that risk. There's a chance my girlfriend would be willing to ask her psych about Ketamine. She does have a bad depression since she was a teen & she's tried LOTS of antidepressants & a bit of other psych meds. She's never tried any illegal drugs or abused any meds & she almost never drinks & does not drink a lot on the rare occasions she does. She's also very introverted & like me doesn't really have any offline friends nowadays. It seems to me like the potential benefit outweighs her risk of abuse.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

these wonderous party drugs , No one seems to look these things up . If you wanted to start abusing things .? You might be thorough in your studying these various medicinal concentrates that constitute prescription type drugs . Looking up the adverse reactions section of , whatever it is your going to
injest. Being responsible for your own body is usually important thing to do. If you can.

where ever you go ,there you are

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 1:26 am

nick007 wrote:
I read something recently about the anesthetic Ketamine being approved for depression. I've heard a bit about Ketamine being investigated for depression years ago but I quit hearing about it after a while & kinda forgot about it. It is FDA approved now for depression as a nasal spray that you have to get at a doc's office. Ketamine is also sometimes used for depression in it's IV form but but the latter form is an off-label treatment for depression. I'll link the WebMd page I read about it :arrow:

I'm actually scheduled to start some ketamine therapy later this month for treatment resistant depression, I'll be getting the esketamine nasal spray because that's what my insurance will cover, even though straight ketamine nasal spray is available much cheaper from a compounding pharmacy. I'll try to post about it if it helps, I've been curious about it for a while.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 2:41 am

Dox47 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I'm actually scheduled to start some ketamine therapy later this month for treatment resistant depression, I'll be getting the esketamine nasal spray because that's what my insurance will cover, even though straight ketamine nasal spray is available much cheaper from a compounding pharmacy. I'll try to post about it if it helps, I've been curious about it for a while.

Good Luck.... with the treatment, please keep us up to date on its effects. :?:

Marmontes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2021, 3:51 pm

...I made that post a day ago. Dont know why it showed up now.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 5:45 pm

Just got back from my first ketamine treatment, it was a low dose to start, and it really felt like a very mild acid trip that lasted about an hour, with a bit of a sedative, heavy limbs kind of feeling as well. I'm not sure if I feel much different yet, apparently this treatment sometimes has very fast results, sometimes it takes a few weeks.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 6:03 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
I recall a thread from way back when. A member had discovered the cure to ASD at some party he went to. It was called Ecstacy. Having never tried E, I can neither confirm or deny, but I remain somewhat sceptical

well on paper you cant go wrong,, unless you are on f*****g zoloft like me.

hope I can still find it in 3-6 months.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 6:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Just got back from my first ketamine treatment, it was a low dose to start, and it really felt like a very mild acid trip that lasted about an hour, with a bit of a sedative, heavy limbs kind of feeling as well. I'm not sure if I feel much different yet, apparently this treatment sometimes has very fast results, sometimes it takes a few weeks.

yeah I just found that and the zoloft is no prob with it. Done it about once a week (each time about a 1/3 gram) for 3 weeks

Not sure if it has done anything for ptsd anxiety depressoin adhd asd, but it is absurd as f**k and Ill keep dabling.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience ! ! !! !! ! . Am going to hope the best for your treatments with this stuff. :D Would appreciate future. updates .. Am hoping this is going to be
good for you.! Have been considering looking for a P- Doctor that might be willing to try it with me.
But so far am muddling along with my doctor.. whom much to my surprised , has not yet insisted that i try using leeches to treat my depression type issues. :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

i am very curious about whether or not medicinal K stimulates even a mild randy feeling.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 1:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
i am very curious about whether or not medicinal K stimulates even a mild randy feeling.

Not for me, kind of the opposite actually, but that might have been as much the medical setting as anything, other psychedelics sometimes have that effect on me when I've used them at home. I was also on a very small dose, we'll see what happens when they bump it up next week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 1:58 am

in the operating room, some very sexy talk came from some of the K recipients pre-op. i was sorta embarrassed :oops:

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:43 am

auntblabby wrote:

For me it only happened once and it was far from mild. Got my rocks off and not even sure if I touched myself.

It was the night I took 150 mics of LSD with the K, so not sure if the LSD was involved.

Going for 300mics tomorrow with the K, 150 was suprisingly mild, but it was very clean lsd.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 4:20 pm

i suppose acid should be on my bucket list, i wanna experience synesthesia sometime before i croak :jester: