Page 1 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:10 am

While It's often said that there is no pharmaceutical cure for Aspies to look forward to, I was wondering if any of y'all have found a drug or cocktail of drugs that dramatically improved your condition.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 5:24 am

I recall a thread from way back when. A member had discovered the cure to ASD at some party he went to. It was called Ecstacy. Having never tried E, I can neither confirm or deny, but I remain somewhat sceptical

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 6:07 am

...I made that post a day ago. Dont know why it showed up now.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2020, 11:39 pm

Estradiol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 8:57 am

Romofan wrote:
While It's often said that there is no pharmaceutical cure for Aspies to look forward to, I was wondering if any of y'all have found a drug or cocktail of drugs that dramatically improved your condition.
It's called "Placebin", and it works wonders on my autism!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 9:20 am

Meds that help my autism? Not exactly. I was on klonopin years ago. It helped with anxiety symptoms while I was doing exposure therapy. short of it, due to sensory issues being problematic when I leave the house, I developed something like agoraphobia. The longer I stayed in the house, the harder it was when I did leave. The klonopin helped while I was working on getting out of the house again. I stopped taking it once I got a handle on that crap. But that is the only med that's ever done me any good. I'm med intolerant for the most part, and lord knows I've tried a bunch over the years.

As for the ecstasy, I've actually done that. I don't know if it did anything for me socially, or if it did something for those around me who were also high. They cared less is what I mean. I was still me, just high. :lol:

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:44 pm

Hello
Some time ago, I also went on a big search for pharmaceutical treatments for the Autism Spectrum Disorder related problems that i experience on a day to day basis.

At present, the FDA / American Psychiatrists Association recommend that doctors do not prescribe pharmaceutical treatments to "cure" Autism Spectrum Disorder.

This is because, at present, the medical communities understanding as to what Autism Spectrum Disorder is, is still underdeveloped, and so without a good understanding as to what Autism Spectrum Disorder is or what causes it, the medical community do not want to try out cures to help people eradicate themselves of this mysterious condition.

That being said, what the FDA and APA and other equals recommend, is that doctors prescribe medication to help with co-morbid mental health conditions that are present, whether related or unrelated to Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Some time ago, i did find one document on Temple Grandin's website that presented a comprehensive analysis of the present prescribing trends among patients of doctors in the United States.

This document named "Rating of the Effectiveness of 26 Psychiatric and Seizure, Medications for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Results of a National Survey" gives a fair amount of information as to what medications are presently being used for patients with autism spectrum disorder.

Interestingly enough, the data presented in this document actually concluded that certain medications which are most often prescribed for the various co-morbid mental health problems are less effective than some of the lesser used medications, at least that is what the data suggests.

So perhaps a document that is worth reviewing, especially as there appears to be no published books on the subject, apart from Temple Grandin's own book, which i would say is out of date now, but also Temple Grandin not being a Psychiatrist, may not be the best person to take advice from on this subject.

I have to say however, with the medical findings published in this paper, I was able to get a local psychiatrist to prescribe me an older tricyclic antidepressant which i have found much more effective and less problematic than the other commonly used medicines used to treat anxiety. A normal GP would not done so, being an area outside of GP's general knowledge base.

I was also able to get the psychiatrist to prescribe me some low dose valium for meltdowns, which also has helped a great deal. Again, the subscribing trend in the UK would be for GP's simply to refuse such prescribing trends, due to the drug being one of the many drugs that junkies abuse.

However, GP's generally do not understand the complex dysfunctional nature that Autism Spectrum Disorders neurological networks present, and thus do not understand the unavoidable antisocial behaviour that occurs in patients with Autism due to various triggers.

With GP's not understanding the incurable and unavoidable nature of ASD and associated behaviours, the ignorant GP then does not understand what distress they subject their innocent patients to by not prescribing them medications that greatly help with their condition, that i note can not be cured with CBT or any other form of magical thinking.

Nonetheless, if you are able to find a good psychiatrist, then it is possible that such a psychiatrist may be open to off label prescriptions of various medications that are included in this document.

I hope it helps.
Rating of the Effectiveness of 26 Psychiatric and Seizure Medications for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Results of a National Survey

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:54 pm

Btw MDMA aka Ecstasy aka Molly
I have taken Ecstasy a few times, and it was an enjoyable activity.

I doubt however that there is any scientific evidence that proves Ecstasy can cure neurological dysfunction (which exists in the brains of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder).

If anything, i would expect that artificially putting your brain's neurological networks under great deals of stress, if any thing damages the neurological networks rather than repairs them.

Although, i did read some time ago how there had been some research projects that were doing clinical trials to ascertain as to whether low dose of psilocybin (the active chemical found in magic mushrooms) could be used to therapeutically treat Autism Spectrum Disorder, among other ailments.

A trial that i would happily volunteer for.

I also note that Elon Musk's Neural Link technology has the possible potential to help improve the dysfunction found in the brains of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, although we may be a decade away from actually being able to get one of these chips fitted to our brains, and perhaps even longer for it to work effectively as a cure for the problems found in autism spectrum disorder.

All quiet interesting eh...

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 5:13 am

Thank you all for your replies!

I am currently fiddling with my head by taking hydroxyzine (for anxiety), atomoxetine (for adhd), an aristada injection (antipsychotic!) and trazodone (ye olde anti depressant).

The result so far? Massive weight gain and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was just fishing around for ideas

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 5:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Romofan wrote:

Placebin DM Extra Strength™ is not recommended for nursing mothers, nursing babies, nursing students, nurse sharks or regular sharks. Do not swim near sharks while taking Placebin DM. Swimming near sharks while taking Placebin DM can result in Sudden Limb Displacement Syndrome.

Placebin should be taken on a full stomach, preferably one that is full of food.

Placebin has a 2% (or greater) chance of causing one or more of the following symptoms: halitosis, toe fungus, beefnuts, cotton balls, burger tongue, soggy lymph nodes, sagging knees, insanity, death, leaky bowels and spirochete eye.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 5:41 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Placebin should be taken on a full stomach

what about in a full stomach?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 9:19 am

I avoid all mind altering drugs like the plague. Never used them. IMHO, the structure of an Aspie brain is different than that of an NT. We have more interconnecting wiring in our brain. Drugs have a much more profound affect on our brains. Even after major surgery this week, I refused all pain meds.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 2:03 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I avoid all mind altering drugs like the plague. Never used them. IMHO, the structure of an Aspie brain is different than that of an NT. We have more interconnecting wiring in our brain. Drugs have a much more profound affect on our brains. Even after major surgery this week, I refused all pain meds.

Oh Jimmy, hope you are feeling well. Speedy recovery! :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 5:18 pm

jimmy m wrote:

Personally I always found I was better at keeping my s**t together if a mind altering experience didn't go as well as intended. We might be inherently prone to compartmentalizing which would suggest 'trippy' drugs should actually be far less profound (just like if one was watching someone else on them instead of actually going through it).

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 6:14 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Romofan wrote:

Placebin DM Extra Strength™ is not recommended for nursing mothers, nursing babies, nursing students, nurse sharks or regular sharks. Do not swim near sharks while taking Placebin DM. Swimming near sharks while taking Placebin DM can result in Sudden Limb Displacement Syndrome.

Placebin should be taken on a full stomach, preferably one that is full of food.

Placebin has a 2% (or greater) chance of causing one or more of the following symptoms: halitosis, toe fungus, beefnuts, cotton balls, burger tongue, soggy lymph nodes, sagging knees, insanity, death, leaky bowels and spirochete eye.

Precious. Just precious........... will make note of these possible side effects .

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 6:24 pm

If your feelin okay... and my limited experience , which has caused me to be resistant to a variety of drugs and supplements . Did has a unique experience with a Indica strain of cannabis taken as a edible cookie .
It was over 1/2. Hour before noting any effect . But it stress relieving side effect was profound enough for me to write about it here . Inspite of a incident in a traffic stop regarding a highway patrolmen in another state . I was totally cool calm and collected , felt like it was just a happen stance conversation with another human being .
Without the stress factor thrown in . This is not medical advise , just my experience once some 5. Yrs ago .
Never habituated to grass , as it’s side effect of making one somewhat lazy ( on myself) . Caused me not to use this as a drug or a hobby .

where ever you go ,there you are