Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 2:11 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Yep, and after just 9 months of actually being the POTUS. The remaining 3 years and 3 months he spent practicing his drone striking.

Well, nominations were due 12 days after he took office. The remaining 8+ months were just to try and hide the premature nature of the nomination...

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2020, 7:03 pm

Trump gets a second nomination for Nobel Peace Prize after Serbia-Kosovo deal

President Trump has received a second nomination for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize after he helped secure a deal for normalized economic relations between Serbia and Kosovo -- days after he was nominated for his role in a deal between the United Arab Emirates and Israel.

Trump was nominated by Magnus Jacobsson, a member of the Swedish Parliament, who announced Friday that he was nominating the Trump administration along with Serbia and Kosovo “for their joint work for peace and economic development, through the cooperation agreement signed in the White House.”

The original (first) nomination was submitted by Norwegian lawmaker Christian Tybring-Gjedde, who cited Trump's role in brokering a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The case for a Trump prize was bolstered this week by the announcement of a U.S. brokered deal between Bahrain and Israel to normalize relations. The signing of both the UAE-Israel and Bahrain-Israel deals will take place in a ceremony on Tuesday.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 11:56 am

Trump gets nominated for the third time for the Nobel Peace Prize

President Trump received his third 2020 Nobel Peace Prize nomination in September, this time from a group of Australian law professors.

“What he has done with the Trump Doctrine is that he has decided he would no longer have America involved in endless wars, wars which achieve nothing but the killing of thousands of young Americans and enormous debts imposed on America," Australian legal scholar David Flint told Sky News Australia on Sunday. "He's reducing America's tendency to get involved in any and every war."

Source: Trump gets third 2020 Nobel Peace Prize nomination

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:17 pm

Trump gets nominated for the Fourth time for the Nobel Peace Prize

President Trump has picked up another nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize, after a Finnish member of the European Parliament (MEP) called for the American president to receive the honor.

Laura Huhtasaari, an MEP and a member of the Finns Party, wrote to the Nobel Committee to nominate Trump for the 2021 prize “in recognition of his endeavors to end the era of endless wars, construct peace by encouraging conflicting parties for dialogue and negotiations, as well as underpin internal cohesion and stability of his country.” Trump has nearly completed a presidential term without involving the U.S. in a new foreign conflict, while withdrawing troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. She also cited the Abraham Accords -- peace deals between two Arab Gulf nations and Israel.

Source: Trump picks up another Nobel Peace Prize nomination from Europe after diplomatic victories

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:48 am

I thought they had already chickened out and given the price to some faceless UN organ?

Last edited by Wolfram87 on 12 Oct 2020, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:51 am

Does anyone feel people who distribute food to starving people deserve the Nobel Peace Prize more than Trump?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:55 am

Depends. Those peace agreements he negotiated will hopefully go a long way towards lots of people not dying.

Though I will say I was glad when that tree planting program in Ethiopia (?) got the price over little miss How Dare You.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 8:09 am

The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the World Food Programme by the Norwegian Nobel Committee on Friday 9 October at 11:00 CEST.

Sorry, Donny-boy.  Maybe next life.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AlRoss0908
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2020, 2:45 am

Can someone please remind me what he did to get this prize?

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 3:06 am

AlRoss0908 wrote:

Probably just be himself

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 3:41 am

AlRoss0908 wrote:

Some Swedes get their jollies giving awards to celebrities who are famous for their notoriety

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 7:52 am

AlRoss0908 wrote:

Negotiated some Middle East peace agreements and got Bahrain to recognize Israel, which opens the potential that other ME nations might follow suit.

Granted, it may not be the most spectacular reason, but it's a lot more than Obama did to deserve his.

cyberdad wrote:
Some Swedes get their jollies giving awards to celebrities who are famous for their notoriety

Last nomination was from a Finn. So :P to you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 8:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
AlRoss0908 wrote:
CORRECTION: Four of these committees (for prizes in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, and literature) are working bodies within their prize awarding institutions, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, and the Swedish Academy.  The fifth Nobel Committee is the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which is responsible for the Nobel Peace Prize.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 8:24 am

Nominating Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize is like nominating someone like Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize.

It can be claimed, by people looking for an angle, that Putin's Ukraine interventions would promote world peace, somehow.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:56 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Last nomination was from a Finn. So :P to you.

Finn, svensk? vad är skillnaden?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nominating Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize is like nominating someone like Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize.

It can be claimed, by people looking for an angle, that Putin's Ukraine interventions would promote world peace, somehow.

Technically Putin should be included in the award since he helped get Trump elected :lol: