Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:05 am

I know I've ballooned up again and I know eating everything in the house is upsetting my Mom because we are struggling with money, and I think she has given up on trying to get me to stop overeating which is even more depressing. :(

What do you guys suggest I do? I want to be healthy again. :help:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:18 pm

Ahh I was like this years ago, I put on a lot of weight.

The only thing which worked for me was the snake diet, I don't recommend it at all it's not a normal thing to do but when you fast you basically shrink your stomach so you get full much quicker. It's like hitting reset after about a week.

I went through a hell of a lot of fad diets, the only thing that actually really works is just simple calorie counting, strength training and walking.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:20 pm

I recently lost 10 pounds by walking.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:21 pm

Lock the refrigerator

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 3:19 pm

I would start a walking program.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 4:30 pm

I used to walk all the the time when I lived in Pensacola, but here when I tried tp go for a walk I got mauled by a neighbor's dog so I'm afraid to go walking in my neighborhood now cause every time I try to go walking I hear the dogs barking. :(

I guess I can try fasting...

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 6:46 pm

Fasting is not the best strategy for you. Why don't you simply eat fewer calories? It will be easier and you'll be more likely to stick with it.

First, if you are eating anyjunk food, just stop. That includes liquid calories: sugary drinks, sugar or cream in coffee or tea (one teaspoon of sugar won't hurt). Try to eat only whole, unprocessed food: whole grains instead of processed grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, little or no sugar, TONS of veggies. It's more filling due to its fiber, protein, and lack of easily digestible sugars. The vegetables are extremely important because lack of vitamins/minerals can make you overeat. This might be all you need to lose weight.

Find some place other than the area with the dog where you can go walking.

Make sure you drink plenty of water and get adequate sleep. And get a hobby if you are eating out of boredom.

Lunella wrote:
The only thing which worked for me was the snake diet, I don't recommend it at all it's not a normal thing to do but when you fast you basically shrink your stomach so you get full much quicker. It's like hitting reset after about a week.

There's an easier way to shrink the stomach: switch to eating smaller meals. The number of meals can be increased to avoid excessive hunger.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 4:05 pm

You are obviously stressed out about things going on in your life, which is causing you to overeat, and you are stressing even more over that and the weight it's putting on you. You should try to stop dwelling on the things that are stressing you, by doing things to keep your mind and hands occupied. Among them should be exercise stuff. Walking is good, but if you are worried about the neighbor dog, get a cane or walking stick to defend yourself. There are also some indoor exercise aids. The cycles, treadmills and other such equipment may be out of your price range, but there are exercise bands, jump ropes, wrist and ankle weights, and other low priced aids that you can use at home, like when it's raining.

I know from previous experience that focusing on your ballooning weight and what all you are eating doesn't help, it just adds to the stress. Just stop worrying about it, and focus on easy exercise methods, then do them.

Exercise does more than burn calories. It also releases endorphins that boost your mood, and that will help relieve at least some of your stress, so get cracking on your exercise program. :D