Roger Stone says trump should “declare martial law” to

Page 1 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:00 am

seize power if he loses the election & then declare a trump dictatorship because that’s what republicans want.

I read the article then listened to the interview on my drive home last night.

Seriously concerning batshit crazy stuff.. because trump may just listen to and follow this advice. 8O

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roger-st ... 74bc1dd6d2

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:03 am

Not a bad idea,take back the pacific Northwest.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:04 am

vermontsavant wrote:

You don’t think it’s a bad idea to subvert the US constitution and conduct an illegal takeover of your country? :?:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:14 am

The Guardian

Quote:
Roger Stone, whose 40-month prison sentence for lying to Congress and witness tampering in the Russia investigation was commuted by Donald Trump, has said Trump should seize total power and jail prominent figures including Bill and Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg if he loses to Joe Biden in November.

The long-time Republican dirty trickster, who has a tattoo of Richard Nixon on his back, offered the startling advice on Thursday, in a call to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’s Infowars online show.

Stone was sentenced in part for lying about contacts with WikiLeaks during the 2016 election regarding emails hacked from Democratic party accounts. In turn, special counsel Robert Mueller and the Senate intelligence committee suspected Trump lied when he said he could not recall discussing the leaks with Stone.

Stone did not turn on the president. He had his sentence reduced on the recommendation of attorney general William Barr but he still faced prison before Trump acted. His conviction stands.

Both men were in Nevada on Saturday, Trump holding campaign events while Stone sought to raise money for himself.

Citing widely debunked claims of fraud around early voting, absentee balloting and voting by mail, Stone told Jones Trump should consider invoking the Insurrection Act and arresting the Clintons, former Senate majority leader Harry Reid, Zuckerberg, Tim Cook of Apple and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity”.

He also said: “The ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state. They are completely corrupted. No votes should be counted from the state of Nevada if that turns out to be the provable case. Send federal marshals to the Clark county board of elections, Mr President!”

Nevada has not gone to a Republican since 2004 but is shaping up to be a crucial contest this year. Biden leads there, but polls have tightened. On Saturday, after a planned rally in Reno was cancelled because of coronavirus restrictions, Trump staged an event which disregarded such strictures in Minden. His rhetoric was not far removed from that of the man he spared prison.

Attacking the Democratic Nevada governor, Steve Sisolak, Trump said: “This is the guy we are entrusting with millions of ballots, unsolicited ballots, and we’re supposed to win these states. Who the hell is going to trust him? The only way the Democrats can win the election is if they rig it.”

Stone said: “Governor Sisolak is a punk. He should not face down the president of the United States.”

On Sunday, on ABC’s This Week, senior Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller also attacked moves to facilitate voting by mail in Nevada. He also called Sisolak a “clubhouse governor … who, by the way, if you go against him politically … politically speaking, you’ll find yourself buried in the desert”.

Trump and his campaign have also consistently claimed without evidence that “antifa”, or anti-fascist, activists represent a deadly threat to suburban voters that will be unleashed should Biden win. Commenting on a Daily Beast report about leftwing activist groups planning what to do “if the election ends without a clear outcome or with a Biden win that Trump refuses to recognise”, Stone told Jones the website should be shut down.

“If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious and illegal activities,” he said, “their entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down. They wanna play war, this is war.”

Stone also advocated “forming an election day operation using the FBI, federal marshals and Republican state officials across the country to be prepared to file legal objections [to results] and if necessary to physically stand in the way of criminal activity”.

In an interview broadcast on Saturday night, Trump told Fox News he would happily “put down” any leftwing protests.

“We’ll put them down very quickly if they do that,” he told Jeannine Pirro.

“We have the right to do that. We have the power to do that if we want. Look, it’s called insurrection. We just send in and we, we do it very easy. I mean, it’s very easy. I’d rather not do that, because there’s no reason for it, but if we had to, we’d do that and put it down within minutes, within minutes.”

The Insurrection Act of 1807 allows the president to use federal troops to enforce federal law. Last used in 1992, it was much discussed this summer, amid protests over racism and police brutality arising from the killing of George Floyd by officers in Minneapolis.

Ultimately Trump chose simply to send federal agents to confront protesters, most prominently in Portland, Oregon, a move which proved hugely controversial.

In his interview with Fox News, Trump discussed an incident in the city in which US Marshals shot dead a suspect in the killing of a member of a rightwing group.

“There has to be retribution when you have crime like this,” Trump said.

He also said protests such as those in Portland would lead to “a backlash” from the political right, “the likes of which you haven’t seen in many, many years”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:51 am

Good,we need to take back pacific Northwest.

By the way Goldfish posted this in PPR

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

goldfish21 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

You don’t think it’s a bad idea to subvert the US constitution and conduct an illegal takeover of your country? :?:
If it gets rid of the rioters,they have been rioting since the end of may,I think it's a national emergency at this point.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:58 am

vermontsavant wrote:

By the way Goldfish posted this in PPR

Thanks. I have requested the two threads be merged.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 12:22 pm

Escalate a conflict to the point of national emergency and then seize all power ignoring democratic system and the constitution because it's a national emergency?
Sounds like a plan.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 12:25 pm

After careful analysis, tranquil meditation, rigorous deduction, too many hours on Netflix, contemplative introspection, and diligent study I have arrived at the conclusion that Roger Stone is a man of questionable moral fibre.

His glasses also look silly.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 12:37 pm

Perhaps if liberal media outlets like Huffpo would spend more time holding the Dems accountable for their actions, and pressure them to actually earn our votes, rather then fear-mongering, we would have a shot at getting rid of Trump.

For instance, why don't they point out that Dems have given Trump pretty much everything he wants by voting to pass his legeslative agenda.

It's all just political theater.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 12:41 pm

What if Trump wins but Democrats attempt to steal the election by counting criminals (illegal immigrants) who commit election fraud using mail in ballots and stage a coup to remove Trump from office? In that case, I'd imagine martial law could become necessary to uphold our democracy by restoring law and order.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 12:48 pm

I always knew that the Democrats were going to dig their own grave.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 12:53 pm

The riots need to stop,this is 3 months now,maybe the LA riots and the Watt's riots were more violent but didn't last long.If this isn't a national emergency,what is?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 12:58 pm

Martial law can never be a good idea. I hope no one from WP would consider or condone the suspension of democracy.

There are far more serious things going on in the Northwest - the rioting has been eclipsed by the destructive wildfires. Helping those in need who have lost everything is what counts now. That counts as a national emergency - not the rioting.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 1:02 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
The riots need to stop,this is 3 months now,maybe the LA riots and the Watt's riots were more violent but didn't last long.If this isn't a national emergency,what is?

According to the mainstream media, they are mostly peaceful protests. They haven't stopped because the Democrat mayors and governors of those cities support them and ordered the police to back down.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 1:17 pm

^^^
So they say
I doubt the citizens are really happy with the situation.